The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I was hoping to take a trip down to Disney in November. I booked a room at Coronado Springs with the 25% off discount. I just came across Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek (which I have always wanted to try) on Priceline for the same dates for only $133/night with free cancelation. It said it was a 2 bedroom but only showed a single picture of 2 beds and under room type it says
Room Type: Room 1: TWO BEDROOM SELF CATERING Max 3 guests. Hotels may charge for additional guests.​

I booked it since it had free cancelation but it seems too good to be true. I am keeping my other reservation for the time being. The other listed room was a 2 bedroom non-refundable rate for $219/night. The first picture it shows is the same picture of 2 beds as the listing I booked but also shows other pictures of the room. Can I call the hotel with the Priceline confirmation number to confirm it is a legit reservation?
Something’s definitely wrong with this. Does priceline allow third party rentals? This sounds suspect.

November is low season at BC, so those prices aren’t completely out of the ballpark, but the room descriptions are completely off.

I was hoping to take a trip down to Disney in November. I booked a room at Coronado Springs with the 25% off discount. I just came across Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek (which I have always wanted to try) on Priceline for the same dates for only $133/night with free cancelation. It said it was a 2 bedroom but only showed a single picture of 2 beds and under room type it says
Room Type: Room 1: TWO BEDROOM SELF CATERING Max 3 guests. Hotels may charge for additional guests.​

I booked it since it had free cancelation but it seems too good to be true. I am keeping my other reservation for the time being. The other listed room was a 2 bedroom non-refundable rate for $219/night. The first picture it shows is the same picture of 2 beds as the listing I booked but also shows other pictures of the room. Can I call the hotel with the Priceline confirmation number to confirm it is a legit reservation?
I see that room you booked. It is indeed odd. It could be a glitch or an error -- or just a great deal for you since you have it booked.

Priceline is certainly a legitimate website, but someone could have hit the wrong button.

I have only seen 1, 2 and 3 and 4 Bedroom Villas at WBC. They should disclose how many people the room you booked sleeps at the very least.

I just came across Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek (which I have always wanted to try) on Priceline for the same dates for only $133/night with free cancelation. It said it was a 2 bedroom but only showed a single picture of 2 beds and under room type it says

I would cancel it. This sounds very reminiscent of bogus units that hotels-dot-com had listed that never existed. You can read about it starting around here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...ham-bonnet-creek-part-4.3366139/post-64415714

Something’s definitely wrong with this. Does priceline allow third party rentals? This sounds suspect.

November is low season at BC, so those prices aren’t completely out of the ballpark, but the room descriptions are completely off.
Agree. There was recently an issue with fraudulent listings for WBC (last winter, I believe) where it was a ploy to gain credit card info. I can't remember if it was discussed on this forum or another one I participate in.
I'd also recommend watching your credit card.

Agree. There was recently an issue with fraudulent listings for WBC (last winter, I believe) where it was a ploy to gain credit card info. I can't remember if it was discussed on this forum or another one I participate in.
I'd also recommend watching your credit card.
I wouldn't think Priceline would be playing those games? It isn't like Priceline is a rinky dink operation.

I wouldn't think Priceline would be playing those games? It isn't like Priceline is a rinky dink operation.
I think the last one was on Priceline or Expedia. Those companies don't know that something is a scam until people report it to them. It's not their fault. They remove the listing and ban the seller.

I think so, though we never got confirmation for sure IIRC.
Found the situation I was referring to but I don't know if it is the same as what you knew of--it was a Facebook group post. The person posted a screenshot of the ad/listing. It was Priceline and a 3rd party type thing. The person deleted the pic after several people brought it to their attention they had personal/confidential information showing.

I don't think this is a scam shown on the Priceline site. It is strange that it shows 1BR and 2BR rooms along with 1BR and 2BR villas with different prices.

The cheap 2BR only shows up when you pick 2 guests. Perhaps they are experimenting with a special rate where the first two guests are cheap and they charge a big extra fee for more guests.

In the end, I think this is some kind of glitch or strange promotion.

I don't think this is a scam shown on the Priceline site. It is strange that it shows 1BR and 2BR rooms along with 1BR and 2BR villas with different prices.

The cheap 2BR only shows up when you pick 2 guests. Perhaps they are experimenting with a special rate where the first two guests are cheap and they charge a big extra fee for more guests.

In the end, I think this is some kind of glitch or strange promotion.
Hotel and most properties like this don't charge based on the number of guests. Sometimes they have an additional fee for extra guests, but that is usually something they do in larger urban centers. That isn't what is happening here.

Could you call Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek and ask if you are in the system since you have booked it?

Could you call Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek and ask if you are in the system since you have booked it?
I'm waiting on a date for surgery so we can't finalize any plans until then. Haven't told our daughter just in case we can't go. Just need time where she's not around to call so she doesn't overhear anything. I should be able to call in the morning and will post an update with what they say.

I was just able to call the hotel directly and they confirmed it is a legitimate reservation with the correct dates for a 2 bedroom deluxe unit. Total came out to just about $1150 for 7 nights after taxes and fees.

My wife and I will be staying at WBC in November. This will be our first time to this resort and our first time not at a Disney hotel in Florida in a long, long time. We booked directly through another member. We will be arriving to the property pretty early in the day (by noon). Does anyone have recommendations for room requests? It is just two of us in a 1 BR deluxe room.

Also curious what people think of Uber/Lyft vs. car rental? We will be staying at the resort a lot and just going out for dinners. This is more of a relaxing vacation than visiting the parks.

First Timers at WBC - family of 4 with kiddos!

Hello All! First off, thank you ahead of time - this site is a little confusing to me, but I've managed to read to some recent threads and have had some great insight. I'm posting to see if people would be willing to give general advice for first time family of 4 (me, hubs, 3yo son, 6yo daughter) staying at Bonnet Creek on our FIRST TRIP TO WDW! Some specific questions I have to start off are:

1. Any recs on where to instacart groceries from? I hear there may be a Publix near by? We don't have those in TX so aren't familiar. We would ideally like to have them delivered shortly before or close to when we arrive onsite our first day. What are logistics with that? Do they come directly to the room? Front desk?
2. Any recs on which tower to ask for? We have a (non-presidential) standard 2-bedroom. Of course we have kids so the fireworks view is tempting, but I personally like the idea of requesting a lake view just for overall aesthetics. I also know we will be wanting to head out to parks pretty early so walkability and closeness to our car (we are renting one) would also be kinda nice.

Thanks again!

First Timers at WBC - family of 4 with kiddos!

Hello All! First off, thank you ahead of time - this site is a little confusing to me, but I've managed to read to some recent threads and have had some great insight. I'm posting to see if people would be willing to give general advice for first time family of 4 (me, hubs, 3yo son, 6yo daughter) staying at Bonnet Creek on our FIRST TRIP TO WDW! Some specific questions I have to start off are:

1. Any recs on where to instacart groceries from? I hear there may be a Publix near by? We don't have those in TX so aren't familiar. We would ideally like to have them delivered shortly before or close to when we arrive onsite our first day. What are logistics with that? Do they come directly to the room? Front desk?
2. Any recs on which tower to ask for? We have a (non-presidential) standard 2-bedroom. Of course we have kids so the fireworks view is tempting, but I personally like the idea of requesting a lake view just for overall aesthetics. I also know we will be wanting to head out to parks pretty early so walkability and closeness to our car (we are renting one) would also be kinda nice.

Thanks again!
We have used Walmart delivery. I entered the address for Bonnet Creek plus the tower number and a note to call when they arrive. We just met them outside our tower with a luggage cart. Worked great.
Our family likes tower 3 & 4 the best. We like to be close to the lazy River pool. Some families like to be closer to the pirate ship pool which would be tower 6. It’s larger and can be a little more busy but does offer easy access to pool and rec center.
You will have a wonderful time. Bonnet Creek is our favorite!

We have used Walmart delivery. I entered the address for Bonnet Creek plus the tower number and a note to call when they arrive. We just met them outside our tower with a luggage cart. Worked great.
Our family likes tower 3 & 4 the best. We like to be close to the lazy River pool. Some families like to be closer to the pirate ship pool which would be tower 6. It’s larger and can be a little more busy but does offer easy access to pool and rec center.
You will have a wonderful time. Bonnet Creek is our favorite!
Thankyou!

We have stayed many times. We rent a car so either shop at a Walmart Supercenter or Publix. They are both close. I'm sure others can help with delivery advice.

As far as towers. They each offer different things. With children your ages, I would probably choose tower 2 or 3. Nice pools, mini golf and playgrounds and movies on the lawn. There are very few bad views. Lake views are very nice. One trip, we were in Tower 5 over the lazy river and it was quite noisy. But, they do enforce the 10 pm rule. However, there is something to be said about sitting on your balcony watching fireworks. I remember one year being disappointed getting a "conservation view" but the fireworks were spectacular! Hope you have a great trip!

Make sure you visit the ice cream store on property!!

We have stayed many times. We rent a car so either shop at a Walmart Supercenter or Publix. They are both close. I'm sure others can help with delivery advice.

As far as towers. They each offer different things. With children your ages, I would probably choose tower 2 or 3. Nice pools, mini golf and playgrounds and movies on the lawn. There are very few bad views. Lake views are very nice. One trip, we were in Tower 5 over the lazy river and it was quite noisy. But, they do enforce the 10 pm rule. However, there is something to be said about sitting on your balcony watching fireworks. I remember one year being disappointed getting a "conservation view" but the fireworks were spectacular! Hope you have a great trip!

Make sure you visit the ice cream store on property!!
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter