The Wish is probably a one and done for us.

Yes we usually skip the pirate show but this one was great!

We were just on the Magic last month and they had the usually start of the pirate show for the kids and half way thru they did the Rock music like the Wish. Adults went crazy…lol Heard a lot saying yes this is for mom and dad.
Yeah, the Wish was our first Disney cruise and I had wrongly assumed that all Pirate nights would be equally RnR. My husband was pretty disappointed on subsequent pirate nights.

Did they cut the square feet on the cabins to have room to fit more cabins on the ship?
It looks like the standard inside on the Wish is approximately 15 sq feet smaller than the standard inside on the Wonder. The Wish does not offer a deluxe or split bathroom version of inside staterooms on the Wish.

I could feel the difference, and it was definitely smaller. I know there are a few different layouts, so some might feel bigger than others. Also, the bathroom is gorgeous but seemed smaller due to the layout. And the storage was very limited.

I was in the Navy, so I have zero issues with staying in an inside and usually do to allow me to cruise more often. However, I think it would be tough to have a family of four in an inside for a longer cruise. Three or Four nights would be cramped but doable.

It's so interesting how different opinions are on the Wish. I had no issues getting around and I loved the variety of lounges. They were never too crowded and all had different feels. I loved the Hyperspace lounge because it was subtle. I've done Olga's cantina which great but not relaxing. Hyperspace was fun for both Star Wars fans and non fans. We went there 3 or 4 times in a 3 day cruise. My teen went on his own to have a mocktail. We are going back on the Dream next year for the longer itinerary but are of all a little sad that it won't be the Wish again. We will definitely sail her again soon though.

It's so interesting how different opinions are on the Wish. I had no issues getting around and I loved the variety of lounges. They were never too crowded and all had different feels. I loved the Hyperspace lounge because it was subtle. I've done Olga's cantina which great but not relaxing. Hyperspace was fun for both Star Wars fans and non fans. We went there 3 or 4 times in a 3 day cruise. My teen went on his own to have a mocktail. We are going back on the Dream next year for the longer itinerary but are of all a little sad that it won't be the Wish again. We will definitely sail her again soon though.
I thought they could have done much more for theming of the Hyperspace lounge. It seemed to us just the giant space screen with uncomfortable seating, As far as we're concerned another lounge like the Skyline on the Dream and Fantasy would have been more enjoyable.

I thought they could have done much more for theming of the Hyperspace lounge. It seemed to us just the giant space screen with uncomfortable seating, As far as we're concerned another lounge like the Skyline on the Dream and Fantasy would have been more enjoyable.
Agree 100%! What a letdown. It was so hyped up (no pun intended) and people were so super into it and then we get there and were so underwhelmed. And yep, Skyline is much nicer. What a missed opportunity. We felt like the kids club had a better Star Wars section. I wanted to spend time there instead!

I have really similar feelings to you, which I summed up in my trip report. I didn't make a fresh thread, but my bulleted list of good vs. not good is similar to your sentiments about a lot of things.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/wish-3-night-january-2023-our-fifth-ship.3907956/post-64572610

Ha! I was going to put that in the header but figured it was too smart a**. Should have done it.
So was the 2nd leg of the trip any better? Reason Im asking is we had a B2B scheduled around
Christmas last year. I canceled the 3 night and just did the 4 night plus WDW. Now my husband
is wondering if we did the whole 7 nights it would have been a better experience. lol

I don't think so as I don't see the flaws disappearing the next 3 nights but maybe you got use
to it more?

You had Spiderman at Worlds of Marvel? I wonder if there was illness or some other issue because a few weeks ago, we had Ant Man and The Wasp.
We had Spiderman on our cruise at the end of January.

Did they cut the square feet on the cabins to have room to fit more cabins on the ship?
Verandah staterooms on the Wish are the same size as on the Fantasy and Dream (which are all smaller than those on the Magic and Wonder). I definitely notice the difference between the Magic and Dream/Triton classes. It felt to me like the staterooms on the Wish were bigger than those on the Dream class even though I knew that they weren't but I think that's because the way they've designed the room with the TV on the wall instead of on the desk, removing the vanity/dresser unit with the wall shelving above that is beside the closet on the other ships and the removing the coffee table in front of the couch has made it feel more spacious. Which is nice, but I didn't like that it reduced the useful storage (no drawers, and just shelves in the closet). I used to put my feet up on the coffee table especially when watching TV but it's also now difficult to watch the TV from anywhere but the bed so I guess that's a moot point (except that I'm annoyed that I have to watch it from the bed).

My take, put a tv in the desk mirror like they do bathrooms and put the tv by the bed. Win for all.

Verandah staterooms on the Wish are the same size as on the Fantasy and Dream (which are all smaller than those on the Magic and Wonder). I definitely notice the difference between the Magic and Dream/Triton classes. It felt to me like the staterooms on the Wish were bigger than those on the Dream class even though I knew that they weren't but I think that's because the way they've designed the room with the TV on the wall instead of on the desk, removing the vanity/dresser unit with the wall shelving above that is beside the closet on the other ships and the removing the coffee table in front of the couch has made it feel more spacious. Which is nice, but I didn't like that it reduced the useful storage (no drawers, and just shelves in the closet). I used to put my feet up on the coffee table especially when watching TV but it's also now difficult to watch the TV from anywhere but the bed so I guess that's a moot point (except that I'm annoyed that I have to watch it from the bed).
I agree the TV placement on the Wish sucks.

You wouldn’t want sit and watch tv on that hard couch anyway…lol Wonder if it will soften up in time , no one will sit on it.

Jeez I can't believe I forgot about that stupid TV mount. What were they thinking of?
It was ok with just the 2 of us but know I would the same if the kids were still small they like to watch movies in bed too.

We were on the ship with you on the Feb 3rd sailing.
We had bad luck on the weather didn't we? Remember on cc day how packed Marceline Market was? it was a total zoo... we were doing laps for 20 minutes trying to find a table and ended up on the bar thing by one of the beverage stations.. we've never struggled remotely that much to find a table on the other ships.
I agree with everything you said on the post. And so many other things I found super annoying. the insane lineups for the aqua mouse, the miniature pools, the crazy amount of small kids and first timers, the small hot tub in front of cove cafe, the cheap hotel-like decor that feels like a fancy Best Western instead of a ship, no walking path on deck 4 and covered doors, and so, so many other bad things.
Except for Festival of Foods we didn't find the Wish does anything better than the other ships.
It was our second time on the Wish thinking to give it another chance and we were equally if not more disappointed than the 1st time. Not going on it ever again.

I almost forgot one of my biggest disappointments on the Wish. No crème brulée on the desert menu, anywhere! I mentioned this to the head server on our first b2b cruise and they had it made for me every night on the second cruise. Which was nice of them but the servers told me that is one of the more popular deserts on the other ships. I don't get it.

I almost forgot one of my biggest disappointments on the Wish. No crème brulée on the desert menu, anywhere! I mentioned this to the head server on our first b2b cruise and they had it made for me every night on the second cruise. Which was nice of them but the servers told me that is one of the more popular deserts on the other ships. I don't get it.
The Enchante Just Desserts Experience had Creme Brulee Beer pie in November. Not sure if the selection changes according to the chef's whim.

So was the 2nd leg of the trip any better? Reason Im asking is we had a B2B scheduled around
Christmas last year. I canceled the 3 night and just did the 4 night plus WDW. Now my husband
is wondering if we did the whole 7 nights it would have been a better experience. lol

I don't think so as I don't see the flaws disappearing the next 3 nights but maybe you got use
to it more?
No, the second cruise wasn't any better. Same issues were still there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter