The 'Wonder'ful Mexican Riviera with a nut (allergy) Full report w/pics!

I'm really enjoying your review. I'm especially excited to see the beautiful views of Cabo that are visible from the boat. I have physical limitations that I think will prevent me from getting off the boat when it is tendered since I use an electric scooter. We're going on the MR cruise in Oct. & I was worried that I wouldn't be able to see the pretty views from the boat. I'm so excited to see that I will. Your TR is one of many I've read & has been the one to get me the most exited for this cruise. We booked it using DVC points & I almost was wishing I hadn't booked it after reading some reviews & a little concern about the safety of travel to Mexico. I thought about canceling & using the points to go to WDW instead but to do so would mean a loss of value of the DVC points...lots of rules attached to the points...so I decided to stick with the cruise. I'm so glad I did after reading some of the more positive reviews such as yours.

I'm really enjoying your review. I'm especially excited to see the beautiful views of Cabo that are visible from the boat. I have physical limitations that I think will prevent me from getting off the boat when it is tendered since I use an electric scooter. We're going on the MR cruise in Oct. & I was worried that I wouldn't be able to see the pretty views from the boat. I'm so excited to see that I will. Your TR is one of many I've read & has been the one to get me the most exited for this cruise. We booked it using DVC points & I almost was wishing I hadn't booked it after reading some reviews & a little concern about the safety of travel to Mexico. I thought about canceling & using the points to go to WDW instead but to do so would mean a loss of value of the DVC points...lots of rules attached to the points...so I decided to stick with the cruise. I'm so glad I did after reading some of the more positive reviews such as yours.

The views of Cabo really are great from the boat.
We enjoyed breakfast on the patio, cruising close to the coast line to Cabo, then departing in the afternoon, watching the whales. PV was not a great view. We really loved everything Disney had to offer, even in Mexico :):lovestruc

THanks for the trip report. We are staying in the same room on our cruise in May 2012. It was nice to see some photos of the room.

Fantastic Trip Report. We just booked 5520 for March 2012 and we are so excited! I loved all your pics. I'm now seriously considering doing all my showering at the spa! Your pirate night costumes are awesome. I just might be inspired to go all out for pirate night pirate:!

Thank you so much for your fabulous trip report! Great details and photos. Can't wait for our cruise on the Wonder in November!

Loved your TR, you are a fantastic writer.:thumbsup2

Your family is adorable and it's sweet that you and your husband enjoy spending so much time together.:hug:

Really appreciated the allergy information, first came upon your postings b/c both of my boys are allergic to all nuts. Thanks for doing the TR!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. My family and I will be taking our first cruise during the Christmas holiday. We are so excited and I want to be prepared your TR was very informative.

Dianne

Thank you for sharing. Enjoyed reading it. Pictures were fabulous. I cannot wait for my MR cruise over Thanksgiving.

I just read through your whole TR as my DS3 and I are going on this cruise in 35 days!!! Your reviews were extremely helpful, and everything was so detailed I am left with only 2 questions:
1. In the very beginning you said you wanted to eat in Triton's for formal night so your rotation was what it was. Is there a choice? Do they ask what you prefer?

2. We will be going late October/November. I noticed you saying how chilly it was, but this was January, do you think the weather will still be cool in November? We have a beach day planned for Puerto Vallerta, but if it's going to be chilly... I probably could put that money to better use elsewhere!

Thanks again for all the details, and I'm glad to hear you liked it enough to do it again, that is the best indicator!

I just read through your whole TR as my DS3 and I are going on this cruise in 35 days!!! Your reviews were extremely helpful, and everything was so detailed I am left with only 2 questions:
1. In the very beginning you said you wanted to eat in Triton's for formal night so your rotation was what it was. Is there a choice? Do they ask what you prefer?

2. We will be going late October/November. I noticed you saying how chilly it was, but this was January, do you think the weather will still be cool in November? We have a beach day planned for Puerto Vallerta, but if it's going to be chilly... I probably could put that money to better use elsewhere!

Thanks again for all the details, and I'm glad to hear you liked it enough to do it again, that is the best indicator!

You can request a dining rotation through your agent (or DCL if you didn't use a TA). They won't guarantee anything but if it's important to you, it's worth a shot. Regarding the weather, it was chilly on the outside decks while the ship was moving but in port it was fine. The temps in Mexico were in the 70s-80s and PV is usually the warmest. The only issue for you may be rain but I don't think it gets too cold in port. Honestly, I think you will have a great time no matter what and now that they are doing kids sail free, it's an amazing deal!

You can request a dining rotation through your agent (or DCL if you didn't use a TA). They won't guarantee anything but if it's important to you, it's worth a shot. Regarding the weather, it was chilly on the outside decks while the ship was moving but in port it was fine. The temps in Mexico were in the 70s-80s and PV is usually the warmest. The only issue for you may be rain but I don't think it gets too cold in port. Honestly, I think you will have a great time no matter what and now that they are doing kids sail free, it's an amazing deal!

Thanks for the info!! I'm super excited!

Great report. Is there anything that is a definite must to do on the ship?

It really depends on what you like, but we enjoyed going up on deck to watch the sunrise/sunset, alone time (kids in the club) at lunch, by the pool and at the Cove Cafe bar. Tequila tasting, character meets in the atrium, the exotic rasul and rainforest room, movies at sea, stage shows in the theater, the pirate party with fireworks and brunch at Palo...just to name a few:good vibes There are so many great activities, it's challenging to name them all!

This was an absolutely wonderful TR. You sure can write. I felt like I was on this cruise with you and by Day 7 I was not wanting to get off the ship. :(

Thank you for all the great tips. I meant to copy and paste them for myself but got too engrossed in reading. Now I will have to go back and find some of them.

I hope we're doing this cruise in January - but I will definitely be watching out for another TR from you in the future.

Thanks for sharing.

Just booked the KSF for 3/4 and READY to go now that I've read your TR! Thanks for taking the time to put it all up for us to enjoy!

Aww, you guys are so sweet:lovestruc Writing a TR is a lot of work but it was sooo worth it. I'm glad it has been helpful and hopefully I can do it again in February!

I found out the "theme" nights ahead of time and based my request on the rotation PTAPTAP(formal night was night 2, pirate night was night 4) so that we would have formal night in Triton's and pirate night in Parrot Cay. You can't choose each restaurant individually, you have to start and end in the same one, does that make sense? (I have a foggy medicine head today-sorry if I'm making zero sense). So you can choose from these rotations:
PTAPTAP, TPATPAT, ATPATPA. You just have to figure out when the theme nights are on your cruise and match the restaurants up with that. Based on our rotation, semi-formal night was in Animator's..Do you see how it works now? I'm sure there are threads that deal with this question and I am sorry if I'm making it clear as mud.

Our theme nights are formal on 2nd, pirate on 5th and semi-formal on 6th. So it doesn't give us the nice matching like you had. Would you choose Triton for formal or Parrot Cay for Pirate? Thanks!! Love your trip report :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter