Theoretically, could you walk to Wyndham Bonnet Creek from?

vivianmarie244

Mouseketeer
Let's just get this part over with. We're not going to drive/rent a car while at WDW. I know a LOT of people don't see why not but...we're just not. :)

So, that behind us, I get concerned about the big what-if's when it comes to the hotel shuttle. We're very good with timing usually but....if we missed the last shuttle from the parks, can you walk there from say....the Caribbean Beach resort? I just always like to have a back up plan.

You physically can, but there are no sidewalks and it is something that is not done. Consider it not an option. The shuttle buses would be much more convenient than that.

Sorry for the double post, but how are you getting to and from the airport? If it is via taxi, you can rent a car for not much more than the cost of two taxi rides on Priceline.

We are probably going to take Mears shuttle or Happy Limo (suggested on MouseSavers). It's 4 adults, 2 children, at least 6 bags so...

Not sure with what you mean "It's not done". Not allowed or just something you've never seen anyone do. ??

And....Lou Holtz? Go Cocks??

It's a long, long wayvto walk.

Take a Shuttle to Downtown Disney and get a taxi from there would be my suggestion.

Theoretically, I could walk to WBC from my home in Miami...but I prefer to drive.

That said, you could walk from CBR, or OKW, or Typhoon Lagoon. Actually, depending on where you got off the bus at CBR (not familiar with the bus stop there), and your tolerance for walking through the woods, it might just be a short walk.

Or...theoretically, you could go to DTD and catch the WBC shuttle from there...or from any theme park. Lots of options if you really, really don't want to drive.

Personally, I'd drive, but YMMV.

It's a long, long wayvto walk.

Take a Shuttle to Downtown Disney and get a taxi from there would be my suggestion.

That's actually the only place I can imagine missing the hotel shuttle...when we run over to DTD. So, I guess if I we miss the time for the last shuttle, we'll already be in the right place. :thumbsup2 Thanks!

We missed the bus the other day so we took a cab. It was $18 well spent. We hate waiting in the heat.

Theoretically, I could walk to WBC from my home in Miami...but I prefer to drive.

That said, you could walk from CBR, or OKW, or Typhoon Lagoon. Actually, depending on where you got off the bus at CBR (not familiar with the bus stop there), and your tolerance for walking through the woods, it might just be a short walk.

Or...theoretically, you could go to DTD and catch the WBC shuttle from there...or from any theme park. Lots of options if you really, really don't want to drive.

Personally, I'd drive, but YMMV.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Wiping the tears from my eyes.

I knew someone would respond this way. Exactly why I said that driving wasn't an option first. But thanks anyway. :)

Couldn't you just take a taxi from CBR to Bonnet Creek? Wouldn't that be a lot less than $15?

Also, would the WBC shuttle run during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party?

Couldn't you just take a taxi from CBR to Bonnet Creek? Wouldn't that be a lot less than $15?

You could but you would save maybe 5 bucks. Even though they are next to each other the roads in and out are long and winding. And what a hassle that would be!

Let's just get this part over with. We're not going to drive/rent a car while at WDW. I know a LOT of people don't see why not but...we're just not.
Then you should strongly consider staying in a Disney resort. Conventional wisdom is that it is an either/or sort of thing.

As for walking: WDW is not a walking-friendly place. There are no sidewalks. Many of the roads are effectively limited-access highways. Traffic is heavy, with lots of tourists who are not paying attention to what they are doing.

Honestly, you could try to get by offsite without a car and without taking cabs from point-to-point from time to time, but you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Your time has value on vacation as well as your money.

It's possible, but it's a long walk. Also, I don't see how you could cut through the woods because there is a chain-link fence between CBR and Bonnet Creek.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Wiping the tears from my eyes.

I knew someone would respond this way. Exactly why I said that driving wasn't an option first. But thanks anyway. :)
I was actually serious about walking through the woods. If you look at the resorts on Google Earth, you'll see they're only a few hundred yards apart. I don't know if it's actually walkable, because there might be fences or other obstructions in the way, but it's really not very far at all.

We just got back. We went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner and the kids were running around in the grass, a very nice lady who worked for GF told us that the kids should probably not be in the grass at night as its when lots of critters come out including snakes and that we needed to be careful.

There are no sidewalks on those rodes other than Chelonia Parkway to get to the main drag...then its no sidewalks. People don't do it because its not safe....between the cars and now I think about it snakes and critters!

I do think you could get by without a car at WBC but you need to be sure you absolutely know the shuttle schedule and you are where you need to be to get home. Otherwise, be prepared to cab it from whereever. We did our first trip at WBC with a car, but took the shuttle to all the parks. It was off season and they did get packed. We decided the next trip we much preferred having our car so that we didn't have to rush to the shuttle.

Let's just get this part over with. We're not going to drive/rent a car while at WDW. I know a LOT of people don't see why not but...we're just not. :)

So, that behind us, I get concerned about the big what-if's when it comes to the hotel shuttle. We're very good with timing usually but....if we missed the last shuttle from the parks, can you walk there from say....the Caribbean Beach resort? I just always like to have a back up plan.

WBC is offsite. Guests staying offsite generally have a better experience with a car. Some people don't want to drive on vacation. Others don't even have a drivers license.

Given your criteria PP already gave you the best answer. You may need to spend a few dollars on taxis to supplement WBC buses. As the crow flies WBC is near CBR. You can't walk "as the crow flies". The distance is further then you think and walking on a busy road without sidewalks isn't safe.

edited to add: I re-read the OP. You're asking about a "backup" plan. No question a taxi would be your backup plan.

Have you been to Disney/WBC before? I often find that people who ask the can we walk questions haven't been before. On the maps they show everything relatively close together so it appears walkable. And there are a few areas with sidewalks (along DTD where the employees walk), from All Stars to CSR (making it possible to walk to McDs and Blizzard Beach), from DHS to Epcot (more of a pathway and doesn't cross any streets)...those are a few. Where there are not sidewalks there is generally no option for safe walking. There are not cross walks or walk lights as there is no expectation of pedesterian traffic. The lighting may be poor, there are busy four or more lane roads where buses and CMs late to work or in a hurry to get home are driving as well as tourists who checked their brains at the gate, ...just not conducive to walking.

Once you get to the area I think you will better understand. If the shuttle is not 100% available when you need it your best option will be to factor in taxi cash.

Have a great trip.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter