There's no magic at other timeshares....

I believe they also have a cooktop, which makes a big difference.

They do
No counter space though so hard to use.

They also did not show us any bigger rooms. When I said I didn't care for the rooms? She said, "well I would never expect you to stay here. It's not that nice."

Who plunks down 20 grand and a lifetime commitment of dues without having a good idea of what they are getting?

IMO, Disney resorts is all about theming.
Refurbs are killing that.

Not speaking for @WilsonFlyer , but that’s my opinion.
This has been true for a while, but it isn't anymore. The latest SSR and BRV are exceptional and I haven't seen the new BWV but I've read good things. It almost looks like DVC has listened to owners about bland refurbishments. It's a share theme was removed from OKW and BCV, but at least the trend is now upwards.

We can discuss how Riviera themeing is a bit superficial (and it is, in my opinion). And yet it's very much beloved, to the point it's difficult to book at 7 months year around, so what do I know?

They do
No counter space though so hard to use.

They also did not show us any bigger rooms. When I said I didn't care for the rooms? She said, "well I would never expect you to stay here. It's not that nice."

Who plunks down 20 grand and a lifetime commitment of dues without having a good idea of what they are getting?
Where you on a timeshare presentation visit?

Not sure if the $20k was for a full 2br - which would have both the larger 1br and smaller 1br/studio.

If you were there for a sales presentation and they didn't explain the room types, that's a huge disconnect for sales.

IMO, Disney resorts is all about theming.
Refurbs are killing that.

Not speaking for @WilsonFlyer , but that’s my opinion.
I'm not a fan of refurbs being done while we're staying either. But I suspect NO refurbs would kill the magic way more! Those units are used very hard and need attention periodically. Not sure how they get around that, unless they close an entire resort for a month or so to do the work. But I'd rather stay at my favorite DVC resort with some refurb going on than not stay there at all.

This has been true for a while, but it isn't anymore. The latest SSR and BRV are exceptional and I haven't seen the new BWV but I've read good things. It almost looks like DVC has listened to owners about bland refurbishments. It's a share theme was removed from OKW and BCV, but at least the trend is now upwards.

We can discuss how Riviera themeing is a bit superficial (and it is, in my opinion). And yet it's very much beloved, to the point it's difficult to book at 7 months year around, so what do I know?
I also really liked the SSR renovation. It was more neutral in color but lots of mice touches. And we were really wowed by the Riveria 1 bedroom. Felt very luxe to us.

But I still miss the peach towels at OKW!

Where you on a timeshare presentation visit?

Not sure if the $20k was for a full 2br - which would have both the larger 1br and smaller 1br/studio.

If you were there for a sales presentation and they didn't explain the room types, that's a huge disconnect for sales.

We were on their timeshare visit. They just showed us some pictures of rooms in a book of resorts around the country. It is a points system so we already understood the concept.

The saleswoman said that even if we bought there, she wouldn't expect us to stay there as it wasn't that great.

The Disney difference was being able to tour the actual rooms we could get for the purchase price. Oh, and being able to take a month to make up our minds with zero pressure.

We have stayed at a few timeshares and went on tours for a discounted stay. There was one studio, with a king bed, real dishes and a dishwasher. I thought that was very nice.

Still, I agree, no magic.

I also really liked the SSR renovation. It was more neutral in color but lots of mice touches. And we were really wowed by the Riveria 1 bedroom. Felt very luxe to us.

But I still miss the peach towels at OKW!
Oh my! Someone who remembers the peach towels! I was just thinking a little bit ago, that I joined DVC 30 years ago this April! OKW was the *only* resort then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter