They Let Anyone In these Clubs Now! An Aug. 2017 PTR * TR link! 8/17!*

Button Up For Disney!
I finally had a little time to think about our Aug. trip again! First, I stole an idea from @StarWarsMomofGirls! and ordered some buttons from ParkBound Buttons. In my defense I didn't completely steal the idea, I've considered buying some for our last couple trips but never got around to it. However she purchased a few - maybe more than a few - recently and it made me just do it. They have such cute ones! I'll wait to show you what I picked until the come.
Second, which will come as no surprise, I gave our resort choice some more thought. The double beds have been bothering me. Still no TA availability at WL for our first two nights so I've moved us here:

pop century.jpg

Yes it's still a value, but as Whitney @Whit64130 pointed out, the refurbed rooms there will have queen beds so we have a shot at getting one. I like the theming there anyway and would like to request the 80's section since those were the coolest years EVER!

Finally, I ordered a new Dooney and Bourke purse! I'm currently using my D&B Runway Princess satchel which I've had, I think, for almost 2 years. I LOVE it. It's a huge attention grabber and in addition to starting may conversations about Disney (which I can talk about forever) I now always add what I do for a living when someone comments on it. This has led to my handing out a few business cards :thumbsup2 The princesses are very visible, easily identifiable so I was hesitant to get a new one that might not bring as much attention, but I was feelin' that new purse itch and I've loved this design since it was released:

potc satchel.jpg

Pirates of the Caribbean satchel! I don't carry this around the parks but I do bring it on the plane, and when it's just Steve and I I'll carry the satchel (so far just my older Disneyana and the Princess one) to our signature dinners. Otherwise I take a hipster, currently a Disney pattern one I bought in one of the gift shops there a couple years ago but the strap is fairly uncomfortable on my shoulder. I used to hate the Disney Vera designs but lately I've grown to like them so I've been looking online for one I like. Now I heard a new Disney line is releasing soon so I might wait and see what that's like or just continue my search for an older style VB hipster, hopefully in time for August.

That's all the Disney stuff I have for now! In other news Chris and I spent the weekend in Maryland for my nephews lacrosse tournament; Ricky and Steve had to stay back because Ricky had his AAU basketball championship game Saturday (they won!) While there, we got to have lunch with some very special friends and if you read my latest dining report update it's no longer a surprise to you! Kari @kastoney and her daughter Casey drove up on Sunday for some good food and invigorating conversation with Chris:

IMG_6320.JPG

IMG_6319.JPG

IMG_6332.JPG

Making friends on the Dis is awesome! Even better when they don't turn out to be serial killers!

Oh, and thank you all for your suggestions for ordering shirts! That's on my list for this week along with about 25 other things........

Correct! I click a picture and in the list of links on the right hand side I click the "copy" button beside "direct link." I think it works to just right click and choose copy as well. And then it works for me just like photobucket used to. If it's a GIF rather than a still image I choose the link that says something like GIF source or something.

:thanks: I used the image uploader here for these but I'm going to attempt Imgur again......

Glad you got the photo situation fixed, I had to use context clues to figure out what some of them were! :goodvibes
lmao you did a fantastic job! I just figured somehow you were able to see my pics because you seemed to know what they all were!

We didn't book preferred, but I did request the baseball section.
I did have preferred booked before I changed to Pop and I've booked preferred at Pop, also. I figure I'll hear less complaining from the troops :rolleyes:

but the tennis section didn't really do much for him 8-)
Ah yeah, I understand that :laughing:

Yes, the link I put on your FB page is who I used for the dri-fit shirt! And yes, I have to resize all my photos too. That can be a pain but I'm used to it. :)
Thanks! I have to ask you a question about that so tomorrow when I have a moment I'll be messaging you.

I'm also wondering if it could be a problem with different browsers and computer types. I have a Mac but use Google Chrome, and on my phone I use Safari if that helps. I could not get Flickr to work at all, but the direct link on Imgur seems to be working now.
Hmm, I use google chrome too :scratchin My computer is extremely unfancy though, it's an ASUS. Basically a cheap-*** computer they've disguised with an extra letter.

I have been having the same problem with Photobucket. I just did a PTR post using Google Photos and as far as I can tell it worked. They don't give you a link with the IMG tags, so you have to add those manually, but it is certainly faster than having to deal with the slowness of photobucket and closing out all of their pop up ads. So, hopefully I'm not missing something, but I think Google Photo is working for me.
I meant to write this in my update, but today I got an email from Photobucket saying they noticed my current "package" doesn't allow 3rd party whatever, so I should upgrade. I clicked the "click here to upgrade" button - they want $399 for the year! No freakin' way! Ridiculous and very irritating. I'll try either Imgur or google images again, wanted to get this done so just did the uploading from here. Thanks for letting me know :)

Probably a good decision to switch to POP, especially if you get a refurbished room! When we stayed at POP, we booked a preferred room, and it was in a great location. I said I wouldn't do a value again, but the new rooms at POP have me changing my mind!

I finally had a little time to think about our Aug. trip again! First, I stole an idea from @StarWarsMomofGirls! and ordered some buttons from ParkBound Buttons. In my defense I didn't completely steal the idea, I've considered buying some for our last couple trips but never got around to it. However she purchased a few - maybe more than a few - recently and it made me just do it. They have such cute ones! I'll wait to show you what I picked until the come.

I just ordered another button too :rotfl: It says "I'm Mary Poppins Y'all". I hope to meet Mary Poppins while wearing it.

Yes it's still a value, but as Whitney @Whit64130 pointed out, the refurbed rooms there will have queen beds so we have a shot at getting one. I like the theming there anyway and would like to request the 80's section since those were the coolest years EVER!

Yay I'm glad you switched to Pop the new rooms look cool.

Bam! I finally got around to booking our resort for September. I am pretty bummed Pop wasn't available for our trip. But we are staying at somewhere new this time. All Star Movies. I mean I'm not sure how much different it will be from the rest but it is the only value I could get an AP discount at for the whole trip so eh..:cool2:

potc-satchel-jpg.247217

Pirates of the Caribbean satchel! I don't carry this around the parks but I do bring it on the plane, and when it's just Steve and I I'll carry the satchel (so far just my older Disneyana and the Princess one) to our signature dinners. Otherwise I take a hipster, currently a Disney pattern one I bought in one of the gift shops there a couple years ago but the strap is fairly uncomfortable on my shoulder. I used to hate the Disney Vera designs but lately I've grown to like them so I've been looking online for one I like. Now I heard a new Disney line is releasing soon so I might wait and see what that's like or just continue my search for an older style VB hipster, hopefully in time for August.
I love the Pirates one!!!!!!!:lovestruc I just bought the Princess Keys one! I am not loving the Satchel body style so I may end up selling it. :confused3 Have you seen the new Madame Leota ones they are releasing next month??? I might just have to have one!

I know I know...I am out of order....I love the ParkBound Buttons! I can't wait to see what you got!!

Making friends on the Dis is awesome! Even better when they don't turn out to be serial killers!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Now THAT is a saying that should be on a button lol. But I agree, I love meeting Dis Friends IRL. So much fun. People tend to think it's weird but I say why not, it's a common interest and the people you meet are usually normal lol

Second, which will come as no surprise, I gave our resort choice some more thought. The double beds have been bothering me. Still no TA availability at WL for our first two nights so I've moved us here:

pop-century-jpg.247216

Yay! We love Pop. It's a value, and it certainly doesn't feel like it's not or anything. But it's bright, clean, and we have fond memories there since Nathan's first trip we stayed there. Hopefully you'll get a new room with queen beds!

The princesses are very visible, easily identifiable so I was hesitant to get a new one that might not bring as much attention, but I was feelin' that new purse itch and I've loved this design since it was released:

potc-satchel-jpg.247217

I love this!! I was very tempted when I saw it released. The pirates scenes look awesome, and I love it in black and white. What I'd really have liked would have been one of the little sketch backpacks though, but sadly they don't sell them anymore. Enjoy your new bag!

Amen. :rotfl2:

I am now caught up - I haven't been on the DIS much due to end of session craziness. School finished up yesterday although I'm going back into work tomorrow to get some jobs finished. Your trip is getting close now! I wasn't surprised that you changed resorts but then I won't be shocked if you change again. I had fun guessing the pictures. That is so annoying with Photobucket. I use Flickr and have found it really good.

We loved our POP stay in May surprised us how much we loved it. The new rooms look great and new pillow top queen mattresses :thumbsup2
I really like your new Dooney.
That's great you got to have a DIS meet while in Maryland.

I absolutely LOVE Pop! It's clean, it's cheap, and I'm usually only there for the 5-8 hours of sleep when I'm not in a park :laughing: And it's what I consider my "home" resort so hopefully it'll treat you well, too :goodvibes

YAY for the Dismeet!!! How fun! :goodvibes

es it's still a value, but as Whitney @Whit64130 pointed out, the refurbed rooms there will have queen beds so we have a shot at getting one. I like the theming there anyway and would like to request the 80's section since those were the coolest years EVER!
I love the look of the new POP rooms! I would totally look at staying here for a few nights to check it out.

Finally, I ordered a new Dooney and Bourke purse!
It is gorgeous!!! Love this bag! I am still debating which one I am going to get myself this summer. Bill got me the Pincess Keys tote for my birthday last week and it is a beauty!!

Yes, non-serial killers are always good....lol!

First, I stole an idea from @StarWarsMomofGirls! and ordered some buttons from ParkBound Buttons
You can steal any of my ideas... because they are usually an idea "borrowed" from someone else... :thumbsup2

However she purchased a few - maybe more than a few - recently and it made me just do it. They have such cute ones! I'll wait to show you what I picked until the come.
Can't wait to see what you picked out.

Sounds like your hotel switch is a good switch!

ordered some buttons from ParkBound Buttons.
Yay! They are so fun! I got 5 and wanted many more. LOL

Still no TA availability at WL for our first two nights so I've moved us here:

pop-century-jpg.247216
Good for you. I know I mentioned the queen beds as well. Mostly because I have been watching for that since I first heard it was a possibility. Other than two stays several years ago, we avoid values because of space and bed size, so now I might consider it, if it gets me there sooner or more often!

Finally, I ordered a new Dooney and Bourke purse!
Love it!

Now I heard a new Disney line is releasing soon so I might wait and see what that's like or just continue my search for an older style VB hipster, hopefully in time for August.
I thought I heard it already had and I saw some on the Shop Parks App but maybe that's the older lines.

:rotfl2:

Thanks! I have to ask you a question about that so tomorrow when I have a moment I'll be messaging you.
I know you messaged me about the shirts. I'm assuming you are squared away? If not, feel free to message me again. My class I have been taking this week is over in 40 minutes (Edit - I mean right now)! Wahoo...back to my regularly scheduled program of summer break!

Probably a good decision to switch to POP, especially if you get a refurbished room! When we stayed at POP, we booked a preferred room, and it was in a great location. I said I wouldn't do a value again, but the new rooms at POP have me changing my mind!
I'm going to call in a request for a refurbed room! I didn't think I'd like not having carpet but after seeing the pictures, I think I do :)

But we are staying at somewhere new this time. All Star Movies.
I've thought of staying there simply because some of the larger than life statues look so cool :goodvibes

I just bought the Princess Keys one!
Somehow I knew this!

I am not loving the Satchel body style so I may end up selling it.
See the satchel is what I prefer, it's just too big for carrying around the parks. If you sell it try in the D&B FB group!

Have you seen the new Madame Leota ones they are releasing next month??? I might just have to have one!
I have! Might be my next one lol!

I know I know...I am out of order....I love the ParkBound Buttons! I can't wait to see what you got!!
They came in today so I'll be posting those soon. Exciting packages two days in a row :love:

Now THAT is a saying that should be on a button lol.
:laughing: I should submit that to the person at Parkbound!

What I'd really have liked would have been one of the little sketch backpacks though, but sadly they don't sell them anymore. Enjoy your new bag!
Yeah, I would have liked one of those, too :(

I am now caught up - I haven't been on the DIS much due to end of session craziness.
Hello, and :welcome: back! Hopefully real life will stop getting in the way for awhile and allow you some Dis time!

I had fun guessing the pictures. That is so annoying with Photobucket. I use Flickr and have found it really good.
I figured I'd give you all a game to play :P I tried Flickr and couldn't get ANYWHERE. I'll probably stick to the Dis uploader for this and my current dining report, and then before I start my TR for our August trip try another site again......

We loved our POP stay in May surprised us how much we loved it.
That's really good to hear since you guys normally stay deluxe. Hopefully we'll enjoy it too, I'm actually looking forward to it!

That's great you got to have a DIS meet while in Maryland.
DIS meets: not just for WDW anymore!

I absolutely LOVE Pop! It's clean, it's cheap, and I'm usually only there for the 5-8 hours of sleep when I'm not in a park :laughing: And it's what I consider my "home" resort so hopefully it'll treat you well, too :goodvibes
Good to hear! I did plan less down time for the days we'd be at Pop since I rather spend resort time while we're club level anyway, so it'll mostly be to sleep.

I love the look of the new POP rooms! I would totally look at staying here for a few nights to check it out.
I like the looks of the new rooms more than I thought I would!

It is gorgeous!!! Love this bag! I am still debating which one I am going to get myself this summer. Bill got me the Pincess Keys tote for my birthday last week and it is a beauty!!
You and @Whit64130 both got that one recently! Make sure you post what you decide to get this summer :goodvibes

Can't wait to see what you picked out.
I'll be posting them soon :thumbsup2

Yay! They are so fun! I got 5 and wanted many more. LOL
You got the "We Wants the Redhead" button, right? Hope you still have it - did you read about the changes coming to the PoTC ride :rolleyes:

I thought I heard it already had and I saw some on the Shop Parks App but maybe that's the older lines.
The only ones I've seen are the Alice in Wonderland ones, but I've been so busy lately I may have missed others unless those are the only ones released so far

Looking forward to your review of POP as that is where I am currently booked for October Girls trip.
And I have to say- I LOVED your 2016 TR reports -especially the Thanksgiving ones ( I, too, would have sought some Sangria:D). We are going over thanksgiving this year so was looking for TR that covered that time (although we will be offsite for most-if not all- of it).

You got the "We Wants the Redhead" button, right? Hope you still have it - did you read about the changes coming to the PoTC ride :rolleyes:
Yes! I still have it! It was the one that popped off in line at EE but I caught it. I lost the Princess Leia one though. And yes, I heard about the scene. Hmmm....

The only ones I've seen are the Alice in Wonderland ones, but I've been so busy lately I may have missed others unless those are the only ones released so far
Go check the app if you think about it because there were several different styles and patterns there. Again, they may be older but I'm not sure and I would hate for you to miss out on something you would like.

Hmm, I use google chrome too :scratchin My computer is extremely unfancy though, it's an ASUS. Basically a cheap-*** computer they've disguised with an extra letter.

I'm surprised. I'm an IT guy and ASUS has been one of the best motherboard manufacturers for years. I have an ASUS tablet (TF300T) and it's great. I'm surprised if the laptop wasn't unless maybe it's their low end model. Considering my success with them, ASUS is my next plan for laptop when the time comes. On the other hand, as with cars, maybe you just got a lemon.

Hiya! I'm following along, too. And I'm excited to go back and read your other reports that I've missed over the last several months!!! :wave2:

pop-century-jpg.247216

Oh thank god you aren't staying in *** anymore. You may be shocked to know that we have stayed in PoP a few times and no serial killers got to us :-) Obviously not my favorite, but the refurbed rooms look great and its only 2 nights. Plus the boys can have their fill of not 1, but 2 food courts.

potc-satchel-jpg.247217

Pirates of the Caribbean satchel! I don't carry this around the parks but I do bring it on the plane, and when it's just Steve and I I'll carry the satchel (so far just my older Disneyana and the Princess one) to our signature dinners.
This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't seen it. Does it come in other sizes? I'm tiny purse kinda girl

While there, we got to have lunch with some very special friends and if you read my latest dining report update it's no longer a surprise to you! Kari @kastoney and her daughter Casey drove up on Sunday for some good food and invigorating conversation with Chris:

img_6320-jpg.247214
Hey, that's me!

Don't be so sure yet :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter