things I wish Disney World hotels have

1) queuing systems at the resorts when waiting for buses. seems to create tension when people dont know if they ll get on and if people will cut lines
2) priority for resort guests at resort restaurants.
3) character greets at the resort. they do these in disney paris and its a great perk. cant imagine they would cost much to do
4) more refill stations for mugs
They have a lot fewer hotels at Disneyland Paris than WDW. It would be a lot more CMs as characters.

Have you ever travelled through Utah? I've found their hotels are extra clean.

I have no doubt. But just because you have had good experiences at those hotels doesn't mean that their rooms are thoroughly cleaned "every" time. That was the part of the post I was mainly reacting to. Having worked in a 5 star hotel with a great reputation for service, I know that while the majority of guests may have a great experience, there are some who are not so lucky.

A greater selection of more affordably priced family suites. As it stands now, All Star Music and AoA are the only family suites, and they are grossly overpriced IMO for being at the "value" price point. Since Disney is a family destination, it would be nice if they had more options at more affordable prices for families. For what they charge for their "value" family suites, I would just stay deluxe!
Agreed. I think this is Disney's biggest lacking item right now with resort selection. It's as if they don't think larger families go to Disney, when quite obviously they do. We did a stay a couple of years back with my in-laws, and another adult couple - had 8 people in all. My mother in law was hoping to get a large villa that we could share to cut cost and be closer together. Pricing that out became evident that it was way way past our budget (only the deluxe resorts have a 3BR and are super expensive at that). But even a more modest sized 1BR or 2BR is tough to get in a cheaper resort. We ended up splitting two 1BR suites at AoA... it was ok but a little overpriced for full rack rate (none of the offers that came around applied to our stay, so we paid the full rate). In hindsight we might have been better off with an offsite condo, but our group really wanted to do onsite to stay in the bubble and get the onsite benefits.

Also, the idea of having real-time view of the bus locations would be pretty outstanding. I'm not a huge fan of the buses when they're not running quickly... this would help alleviate some of my concerns a bit.

I have no doubt. But just because you have had good experiences at those hotels doesn't mean that their rooms are thoroughly cleaned "every" time. That was the part of the post I was mainly reacting to. Having worked in a 5 star hotel with a great reputation for service, I know that while the majority of guests may have a great experience, there are some who are not so lucky.
This thread is about what "I wish", and the great thing about wishing is that I can wish anything. It is different from what is expected or likely. I for one would not try to refute someone else's wish. I can wish for clean rooms, and you can wish for something else if you prefer. :goodvibes

"When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you
If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do." -- Leigh Harline and Ned Washington

Agreed. I think this is Disney's biggest lacking item right now with resort selection. It's as if they don't think larger families go to Disney, when quite obviously they do. We did a stay a couple of years back with my in-laws, and another adult couple - had 8 people in all. My mother in law was hoping to get a large villa that we could share to cut cost and be closer together. Pricing that out became evident that it was way way past our budget (only the deluxe resorts have a 3BR and are super expensive at that). But even a more modest sized 1BR or 2BR is tough to get in a cheaper resort. We ended up splitting two 1BR suites at AoA... it was ok but a little overpriced for full rack rate (none of the offers that came around applied to our stay, so we paid the full rate). In hindsight we might have been better off with an offsite condo, but our group really wanted to do onsite to stay in the bubble and get the onsite benefits.

Also, the idea of having real-time view of the bus locations would be pretty outstanding. I'm not a huge fan of the buses when they're not running quickly... this would help alleviate some of my concerns a bit.
Disney offers lots of lodging for larger families. It just costs more than smaller families. More square footage costs more. You are never going to get a Grand Villa (three bedroom DVC villa) for the price of three value hotel rooms.

You have the family suites at the Value resorts that all sleep six plus one under the age of three. Moderate and deluxe resorts that sleep five plus one or even eight plus one. Fort Wilderness cabins that sleep six plus one. Suites at Coronado that sleep six. DVC two bedroom villas that sleep either eight or nine plus one. Treehouse villas that sleep nine plus one. Polynesian bungalows and WL Cabins that sleep eight plus one. Grand Villas that sleep twelve plus one. The industry standard is four. So that is why you see mostly hotel rooms that sleep four.

Disney is just not a bargain destination. It's a really expensive vacation.

Ahhh--I would love to be able to choose my specific room before I go, but this will never happen given all the complexities that is DISNEY.

Other things on my wish list for WDW in general:
I wish they would bring back the park-to-park bus system that they had for just a bit last year--where you went from inside one park to your next park without having to go through the whole security check again. This is why I don't buy park hopper tickets any more. I would be willing to pay more for my tickets if the park-to-park was again available--it saves so much time IMO.

I can wish forever and it will not happen, but is there someone out there who can figure out a way that the lines wouldn't always be so tiresome for the more popular rides like Frozen and Dwarves. I particularly like the Dwarves ride, but I absolutely hate the wait for what is a ridiculously short ride.

They've made some improvements, but I'm always hoping for better food--particularly when it comes to healthier options. I know it's a lot of people to feed, but there must be some solution--maybe not enough people want it?

Disney offers lots of lodging for larger families. It just costs more than smaller families. More square footage costs more. You are never going to get a Grand Villa (three bedroom DVC villa) for the price of three value hotel rooms.

You have the family suites at the Value resorts that all sleep six plus one under the age of three. Moderate and deluxe resorts that sleep five plus one or even eight plus one. Fort Wilderness cabins that sleep six plus one. Suites at Coronado that sleep six. DVC two bedroom villas that sleep either eight or nine plus one. Treehouse villas that sleep nine plus one. Polynesian bungalows and WL Cabins that sleep eight plus one. Grand Villas that sleep twelve plus one. The industry standard is four. So that is why you see mostly hotel rooms that sleep four.

Disney is just not a bargain destination. It's a really expensive vacation.

Disney is in a tight spot with large rooms as they can hurt the sales of their regular hotel rooms and not have the effect of helping families.

How? A family of four can cram into a value for $100 a night. If they can have double the space for $150, many families would jump at the chance for the extra space and scoop up all the $150 suites. Then large families would still have no place to stay and Disney would have to fill more regular rooms that are going unfilled because people are jumping on the "cheap" suites. This is why value suites are almost double the cost of a value.

It would be nice if Disney came up with some kind of savings for large families, but considering the strategy of Disney to maximize profits, I don't think that will ever happen.

Ahhh--I would love to be able to choose my specific room before I go, but this will never happen given all the complexities that is DISNEY.

Other things on my wish list for WDW in general:
I wish they would bring back the park-to-park bus system that they had for just a bit last year--where you went from inside one park to your next park without having to go through the whole security check again. This is why I don't buy park hopper tickets any more. I would be willing to pay more for my tickets if the park-to-park was again available--it saves so much time IMO.

I can wish forever and it will not happen, but is there someone out there who can figure out a way that the lines wouldn't always be so tiresome for the more popular rides like Frozen and Dwarves. I particularly like the Dwarves ride, but I absolutely hate the wait for what is a ridiculously short ride.

They've made some improvements, but I'm always hoping for better food--particularly when it comes to healthier options. I know it's a lot of people to feed, but there must be some solution--maybe not enough people want it?

People always want what they can't have, thus the massive crowds. When Tron opens, it will become the ride everyone wants and will ease the pressure on Mine Train. Instead of a mob of people headed to Mine Train at rope drop, they will be headed to Tron.

Disney could eliminate standby lines, use only FP+ and only let you ride once per day. But not sure how many people would support that...

I just wish they still had "Do Not Disturb" signs that were respected by the staff.

Where did you experience them not respecting them? We stayed at GF for 9 days and they always honored them (we had one up daily for certain time frames since we have an infant).

This thread proves that Disney can't make a hotel room that would make everyone happy. It is impossible. Some of the things posters have on their wish list I would hate. Looking at you queues at every resort. I would hate that!
It is very true that you can never please everyone. On the cruise board, I read someone's complaint about the fact that DCL beds are real double beds, not two twins pushed together like on some other cruise lines. Well, I would really hate for the bed to be conjoined twin mattresses. So it's all about what's important to the individual. People's diametrically opposed responses to the new dog rule are another example of that.

Disney is in a tight spot with large rooms as they can hurt the sales of their regular hotel rooms and not have the effect of helping families.

How? A family of four can cram into a value for $100 a night. If they can have double the space for $150, many families would jump at the chance for the extra space and scoop up all the $150 suites. Then large families would still have no place to stay and Disney would have to fill more regular rooms that are going unfilled because people are jumping on the "cheap" suites. This is why value suites are almost double the cost of a value.

It would be nice if Disney came up with some kind of savings for large families, but considering the strategy of Disney to maximize profits, I don't think that will ever happen.
Disney created the family suites at the All Stars by combining two rooms to make a room for six plus give it a kitchenette. But it was a bit more than the price of two value rooms. They are never going to double the space of the room and make it less than two rooms.

Disney created the family suites at the All Stars by combining two rooms to make a room for six plus give it a kitchenette. But it was a bit more than the price of two value rooms. They are never going to double the space of the room and make it less than two rooms.
I've stayed at many hotels in suites that weren't even close to more than double the price of a standard room as Disney value suites are priced. That said, I would imagine those hotels were built with suites instead of remodeling 2 rooms to be suites like Disney did. Personally, I think Disney's value suites are way overpriced for what they are and I've already said that multiple times on this thread, lol. I guess if people will pay it, they will continue to charge what they charge!

I've stayed at many hotels in suites that weren't even close to more than double the price of a standard room as Disney value suites are priced. That said, I would imagine those hotels were built with suites instead of remodeling 2 rooms to be suites like Disney did. Personally, I think Disney's value suites are way overpriced for what they are and I've already said that multiple times on this thread, lol. I guess if people will pay it, they will continue to charge what they charge!
How many of those hotel rooms were located on 47 sq miles of theme parks?

Just a thought...but Disney makes a lot more money when you venture OUT of your hotel room and spend $$$ on the food, souvenirs, etc.
They want you comfortable but not too comfortable:P

It would only ever be fair if Disney charged per person. Why should a solo have to pay as much as 2 adults 2 kids? How is that fair? Why should larger families, who cause more wear and tear and use more supplies, get a price cut when solos and couples don't?

Where did you experience them not respecting them? We stayed at GF for 9 days and they always honored them (we had one up daily for certain time frames since we have an infant).
When they banged on the door before 9am, and my husband and I were still getting ready for our day. I wasn't dressed.

They also knocked on the door 3 other days, with the sign up. Again before 9am, and again, before we had finished getting ready to leave.

How many of those hotel rooms were located on 47 sq miles of theme parks?
Yes, most were random hotels in random places. However, Universal does offer much more affordably priced family suites. I've personally never been there as the Disney nostalgia appeals to me more. Maybe when the kids are older and more into thrill rides. Their hotels do look pretty great, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter