Things that you have always wanted to do?

I love going solo. One of the biggest differences for me, I don't have to take into account anybody else's sore feet. I can criss-cross the park at will and not have to discuss it with anyone. Last February my wife went to dinner/drinks with her friends so I decided to hit up Hollywood Studios on a whim. Within a couple hours I rode all 4 rides and took in a couple shows. My route was extremely inefficient, but I didn't care! Was a great time.

We've never done table service meals (outside of character breakfasts). If it was just me and my wife, I'd like to take the time and go to dinner at Biergarten in Germany (in Epcot). I could sit and listen to the music, drink beer, and eat German food for hours!

I’ve always wanted to watch the fireworks from the train station but I’m not willing to sacrifice the time needed to make it happen.

Maybe one day when I live close by I’ll pay my dues
Ohhhh this is a good one! We are always right at the end of Main St. between Casey's and the Plaza. Would maybe like to watch from train station!

I don't know how we got so lucky 7 years ago when we saw the fireworks from the train station. There were projections on the castle then as well. I don't recall waiting there more than 30 minutes - but maybe my memory is fading. Maybe it was longer.

As for MK, I would listen to the Dapper Dans, ride the Main St. vehicles, PEOPLE watch, castle show, afternoon parade, muppets, hoe-down, PEOPLE watch..I would cap it off with a fireworks dessert party (after my hot dog dinner!). Same with AK, find all of the "shows", exhibits, etc. Epcot, all of the entertainment but most of all, watch my dancing Fountains....i guess I would take it slow and easy....

This is a relatively easy question to answer for me. I was just remarking to my wife the other day that I'd really love to go during Halloween season and do MNSSP.

Honorable mention: Stay in a concierge lounge room, stay in the main tower of Contemporary, surfing at TL, and stay at YC/BC to try the pool there.

so i would visit every dessert place and try every signature dessert i could . cupcakes, fudge, dole whip. because when i'm with others i would probably not do that. oh wow, look at mom, eating 100 cupcakes. so no. but if i were alone....maybe not 100 but you get my drift. break my diet

I had a free afternoon last December (after a work conference ended and DH flew in to meet me for vacation). I took all different Disney transportation (bus, monorail, ferry, friendship boat) from PO Riverside to the Polynesian and then I got a drink and snacks at Trader Sams. I didn't have a park ticket to use that day, so then I did the monorail loop and then headed back to PO Riverside to meet a friend for dinner. It was fun people watching and talking to the cast members!

If I was solo for a couple days and had park tickets, too, I would do all the rides that DH doesn't like (so, pretty much all roller coasters and ToT), eat an ice cream sundae at Beaches and Cream, do a behind-the-scenes tour, and watch the nighttime fireworks (we rarely stay late in the parks).

When my husband and I had our first ever evening in the parks alone we first thought we might just want to eat and get drinks around Epcot, but decided instead to bounce all over MK from FP to FP. As a party of 5 (or 7 on our last trip) we don't have a lot of day of FP options, but by ourselves and without the kids slowing us down we were able to zip back and forth across the park from FP to FP. It was totally awesome!

I want to do the afternoon tea service at the Grand Floridian, but no one I go with ever wants to do it.

Wild Africa Trek and surf lessons at Typhoon Lagoon have been on my hit list for ages! I'm hoping DH will be able to afford to do one of these in September as it will be our last visit for a very long time.

DH would love to do both of these, just waiting until the boys are old enough. Also diving the tank at Epcot if that is still a thing people can do.

I would love to attend F&G at Epcot with my best friend who lives in Orlando, just hitting the food/drink booths, admiring the flower arrangements and stopping in ALL the shops with no male whining, and ending with Illuminations.

When my husband and I had our first ever evening in the parks alone we first thought we might just want to eat and get drinks around Epcot, but decided instead to bounce all over MK from FP to FP. As a party of 5 (or 7 on our last trip) we don't have a lot of day of FP options, but by ourselves and without the kids slowing us down we were able to zip back and forth across the park from FP to FP. It was totally awesome!
I didn't even think of this!! Being able to get FP that I want for a party of 1!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter