Thinking about going solo....

ChisJo

Cause afterall, a dream that you wish, will come t
here's the story:
My sister and I, since September, have been planning on going to WDW next August. Then, she recently told me she would rather go to DL and San Diego instead. I didn't mind the change at all, in fact I welcomed it. It would be nice to do something different. I got excited looking at all the places we could go, i.e.: DL, San Diego Zoo, LA tours, Tijajuana tours, Six Flags, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal, etc.
Well, yesterday she told me that her fiance now wants to go all those places on their honeymoon (he didn't before) and that she probably won't want to go again next year. I am a little irritated, because I was really forward to some time away with her, but now am thinking of just doing it anyways. I've travelled solo to places before with no difficulties and thought I should do it again.
Of all the places that I mentioned, would it be safe for a solo female to travel on her own? Has anyone else done the same? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jo

I can tell you that WDW is a great place to go solo-and perfectly safe. As far as DL is concerned, I have no idea, but I'm very anxious to hear the replies. I'll be going there solo this summer, and yet I've never been to DL before, either solo or with someone else. Hope it's OK.

I do solo day trips to DL all the time, and have even stayed over night once or twice, but I have never done an extended trip. As far as just the DL portion goes, you will be just fine, I can't speak to the rest of Southern California (while I do live here I haven't really done many of the other touristy things, let alone on my own). Go by yourself and have a blast!

Melissa

I'm a female, and I'm going by myself this summer. I've also been on day trips to the parks solo, but I'm going to try to venture outside Disney this time. :)

I honestly didn't think twice about it. You'll be fine! Have a good time!

If you don't mind me asking? Where are all of you staying? I too am a female planning a solo trip to DL. I am planning to stay at the HoJo, but I am a bit nervouis about staying offsite....
Also, does anyone know what the park hours are like in early November?

TIA!

My ex-husband decided to cancel out on our last Disneyland trip in '02 with 4 days notice. We were supposed to be driving to Anaheim from the Seattle area. I think he thought we would cancel the trip. Instead, my mom volunteered to come with us. So, my mom and I and 2 kids drove to Disneyland and we were fine. The only time I was nervous about the trip was when there was a man that followed the kids and me out of a McDonalds we stopped at for a quick break once (in Oregon). Other than that, I was just careful to not go out by myself at night or do anything that would put me in harm's reach. The shuttles to the hotels are all really crowded at night, so that helps. Again, I wasn't completely solo, but I was nervous about it before hand- and never really felt unsafe except for the one part of the drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter