Thinking of buying VGF - Christmas week availability?

cbnsoul

DIS Veteran
Ok, we are thinking of adding on at VGF but want to use those points exclusively for a SV studio from 12/20-12/24 or so every year. My fear is that, with so few studios and some already taken out of the pool by guaranteed weeks, that we will get shut out even at the 11 month mark. Obviously, it's a big investment if we can't use the points the way we'd like. With relatively few points sold, it's hard to know how availability will go down the line. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

The problem is that there is no clear answer to what you ask yet including because no one has yet reached the first 11 month mark for that time of year at VGF and because it will probably be a couple years, when VGF has reached a point of nearing sell-out, before the situation is truly known. Usually, one can rely on the 11 month window to get what they want. However, AKV concierge has proven that it can be difficult almost any time of year to get what you want even at 11 months out. Also, BLT standard and AKV value have shown there are some times of year when you can be blocked out because demand is so high and those reserving shortly before your start date can fill your start date and a date after before you ever get to reserve. One of those times can be Christmas time. I suspect VGF studios may ultimately have some issues at 11 months out including during the first two weeks of Dec and at Christmas time. One factor in your favor is your stated usual start date. Dec 20 usually puts you before the complete crunch begins for Christmas time; it is usually Dec 22 or 23 before it really begins.

We only want 2-3 nights in a studio at VGF for our December trips, and I asked the same question here. We did buy 40 points, and are hoping it works out. I was concerned about the fixed week. We'll know the answer in a little bit as we try to book the nights for this December!

Looking for pixiedust:

It will probably be a few years before a nomal use pattern emerges. As others have said, there hasn't been a full cycle yet to judge against. And even in the next year, all new owners are likely to want to use their points to check out their new home resort. I would think there will be a very high demand even in the 11-month period until VGF users start to use their points at other resorts.

For instance, checking in December 2 this year, a standard view studio is not available. Lake view is.

Ok, we are thinking of adding on at VGF but want to use those points exclusively for a SV studio from 12/20-12/24 or so every year. My fear is that, with so few studios and some already taken out of the pool by guaranteed weeks, that we will get shut out even at the 11 month mark. Obviously, it's a big investment if we can't use the points the way we'd like. With relatively few points sold, it's hard to know how availability will go down the line. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

because you also own BLT and BCv, I would say you have lots of good options for those dates, but if you want VGF, I am sure it will be a challenge to get those dates and you better book 11 months out and may need to walk the reservation to make sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter