thinking of changing to a veranda

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
now Im not sure what to do==we are booked on the british isle cruise in a window room in the front of the ship

but now I just realized that for 150$ more we could get a veranda room--although at that price its described as

undersize but Im thinking the weather could be sort of chilly (it was when we were on a northern Europe cruise--

people were on deck with the blankets from the beds)

so Im thinking we probably wouldnt spend alot of time sitting out there but its nice to have the veranda doors that

let a lot of light in--
but most of those rooms are in the back--I were on the dream on our first DCL cruise but were way in the front

the next cruise was on the fantasy in the aft which had a lot of vibrations

Im just worried does the dream vibrate like the fantsay does or did
any tips would be helpful

From what I’ve read in this forum, the Dream does not have the same vibration issue as the Fantasy. The Fantasy has vibrations when it is running at higher speeds. Both of them will have vibrations when they use the thrusters in port, but that is for a limited period of time. For the $150, I would be inclined to upgrade to the verandah room as we always enjoy the opportunity to get some fresh air.

I am considering downgrading from a Verandah room… I think the weather in December might be iffy and it isn’t worth the upcharge.

For 7+ night cruises, I prefer to have a veranda, regardless of the climate. For shorter cruises, I wouldn't bother. I am too busy around the ship to spend time on my veranda when there are only a few days to do everything.

I would get the veranda. That itinerary can have rougher seas and if you’re getting seasick you might want to be able to get some fresh air.

From what I’ve read in this forum, the Dream does not have the same vibration issue as the Fantasy. The Fantasy has vibrations when it is running at higher speeds. Both of them will have vibrations when they use the thrusters in port, but that is for a limited period of time. For the $150, I would be inclined to upgrade to the verandah room as we always enjoy the opportunity to get some fresh air.

I stayed in an extended aft veranda on the Dream in January and will do it again if I sail the Dream in the future. You can definitely feel the vibrations when you lay in bed. I was concerned when I first noticed it, but it didn't effect my sleep in any way. If anything, I may have slept better.

For that price I'd consider upgrading. Its not all that much money and personally I love sitting on my verandah in the mornings!

Were you happy with the Oceanview choice you made? Location, access to stairs, elevators, public areas?

I have seen photos of some undersized verandahs on Disney.
AFB8B944-6114-432F-8110-90910BC1395A.jpeg
This one is from the Disboards. I searched Google for undersized Verandah Disney Dream.

Then I looked for a cabin review. The cabin I read about was directly over The District and was loud at night.

I would not move for $0 if I changed from a desirable cabin to an unknown or knowingly noisy one.

Last edited:
now Im not sure what to do==we are booked on the british isle cruise in a window room in the front of the ship

but now I just realized that for 150$ more we could get a veranda room--although at that price its described as

undersize but Im thinking the weather could be sort of chilly (it was when we were on a northern Europe cruise--

people were on deck with the blankets from the beds)

so Im thinking we probably wouldnt spend alot of time sitting out there but its nice to have the veranda doors that

let a lot of light in--
but most of those rooms are in the back--I were on the dream on our first DCL cruise but were way in the front

the next cruise was on the fantasy in the aft which had a lot of vibrations

Im just worried does the dream vibrate like the fantsay does or did
any tips would be helpful
We have always done veranda. This last cruise we decided to try a non veranda. Unfortunately for us, it really made the cruise much less fun. we all decided that we are definitely a Veranda family. Morning coffee on the veranda, evening glass of wine with a cheese plate on the veranda, watching dolphins swim along with the ship from the veranda really add to the experience. Once we were even able to see lightning off in the distance from our veranda as a family. Really cool and unique. Opening the veranda curtains really makes the room feel so much bigger as well. (I think I’ve said Veranda too many times)

Last edited:
We've always had a veranda, but for the 14-night DCL cruise on the Wonder from Honolulu to Sydney I booked an Ocean View Cabin on the 7th deck. I hope we don't regret it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter