thinking of my 1st solo

Forevryoung

DIS Veteran
Well actually I am planning my first trip to Disney with family, it will be 3 adults and 2 kids but I was thinking about getting the 10day no exp. park hopper instead of the 7day (exp) and taking the last 3 days (it might be 4 even) and going alone for a long weekend because I dont have classes on Friday's next semester! Yay!!

How much do solo trips in the beginning of december usually cost? I will already have the ticket and I could quite possibly fly southwest from BWI to MCO for less than $100 round trip. Where to stay? We arent staying onsite in June when we all go but I would need to if I go alone. How much spending money? Is it worth it to get the 10day no exp?

Or if I convince a friend to go with me :) but then the only thing would be that the room rate would be 1/2 and I would probably do more sit downs... hmm

opinions? people with experience?

Welcome to the DIS, ForevrYoung! :wave:

The cost of a solo trip really depends on what level or resort you stay, and where you want to eat while you are down there. To stay at a value resort in early December, the cost of the hotel would be around $90 at rack rate (although that could be cheaper if you could get an AP rate when and if they come out for that time of year). Food could run you as little as $20 or 30 per day for three counter service type meals. If you want to do character breakfast and sit down meals, that's going to add to the cost.

Just for the case of giving you an exact number, I'll use the rack rate at a value. So for a three night trip that would cost you around $270.

I usually budget around $50 per day for food and snacks (I tend to over budget), so that would add $200.

If you are staying on site, you can use Magical Express to get from the airport to the hotel, so that would only cost you the tip to the drivers--we'll say $5 round trip.

Then, there is mousekeeping and bell services to tip at the resort. This is a high ball estimate, but I'm going to throw out $20.

So, I have spent about $500, not including souvenirs.

Hope that helps.

Karen

Great, I am hoping to keep it under $500. I have AAA so I could get their rates and I would go in value season. I could always hope that a code comes out. An AP makes no sense for me because I definitely do not think I will be back within the year unless something mystical happens and I come up with more $- I am just a college student without a job. I am keeping my fingers crossed that things go the right way. I might be saving some more money on my June trip so that can go toward my December one! Then maybe I wouldnt feel so badly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter