Third Solo Pre Trip and Trip Report

Bag Issues!!!:scared1:

Ok - I started looking at different suitcases last night - even packing - :rotfl: and now I am a little concerned! I usually travel light - a back pack size roller bag and don't have any issues:hippie:.

Because I am going back to the States for holidays with family, I need to use my whole baggage allowance 23kg - I've got a belated 50th wedding anniversary gift for my parents (we decided to celebrate in the winter as Texas summers are miserable), various other gifts, winter clothes etc.:rolleyes: So needless to say - I have a large bag - and will have to schlep it from VEA to bus 54 - Magic Circus - back to Guest storage - CDG/Hilton at CDG.:eek: Am I crazy? It does have wheels and I could lift it say down a flight of stairs. But I wonder if I should forget it and axe the clothes, pack my little bag and go shopping in Texas.:rotfl:

Anyone schlep a large bag successfully?:rolleyes1

How are the lifts in the train station? TGV?

Is this the SLOWEST weekend ever????:snail:

I was going to be really efficient and get everything done and so it is and two more days to wait!!!:rolleyes1 Guess I should be glad I have no last minute panic packing. :rolleyes:

Disney Christmas bring it on!!:woohoo:

:littleangel::santa::goodvibes:santa::littleangel:

It's more than slow....it's not moving!!!

Make sure you take my number with you as I'm not sure I can get yours to work!! Will be great to meet up :) xx

It's more than slow....it's not moving!!!

Make sure you take my number with you as I'm not sure I can get yours to work!! Will be great to meet up :) xx

I've got you in my phone as LisaC :)!

I am trying to think of ways to get the day to move faster!

Right now - looking like this -
:snail::snail::snail::snail::snail:

Some of this would be good!
:teleport: Or a little this-:hourglasspixiedust::drive::tinker:

Hi Everyone- time for the trip report!!:woohoo:

I am still having jet lag issues - woke up at 1:30am so I need to start this trip report to try to stay awake another few hours. Only 4pm in Texas now and I've got to make it until at least 8pm!

Sooooo - here goes!

Day 1 Travel Day Turkey to Paris and DLRP

This trip I had a large bag - 20kg - so decided to take a taxi and private airport bus to the airport rather than public transportation. The most difficult part of taking such a large bag was getting it down the stairs in my apartment building. Left the house at 6am for an 8am flight to Istanbul then on to Paris.

The week before leaving Ankara had some gorgeous weather! Just to illustrate the complete shock to my system when I arrived in Paris to cold and rain!:laughing:

Ankara
ry%3D400

Airport Bus
ry%3D400

Ankara Airport - notice the lovely sunshine!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And then Paris!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

But my lovely room at the Magic Circus was warm and cozy - after turning on the heat!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Two windows with two lovely views! I could even see Newport Bay and the Sequoia Lodge from one window. This was great and allowed me to see the bonfire fireworks from my room!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After arriving and checking in I went straight to Disneyland Park! It was just beginning to get dark and as I arrived and caught the end of the Once Upon a Dream Parade with the Christmas bits at the end. First thing I did was buy a Disneyland Paris rain poncho - best purchase of the trip!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Tonight I also watched the Fantillusion Parade - hadn't seen this before - loved it - like Fantasmic but in parade form!:wizard: "Go Mickey go! Don't let those villans steal your dreams!"

I loved the Christmas lights - and realized this was the first time I had seen the Park at night! It was a weird feeling - loved Main Street at night. Did a quick turn on It's a Small World and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. BTMRR is AWESOME at night!:woohoo:

I totally share your excitment :cool1::santa::banana::cloud9:
LOVE your pictures. Shame about there rain though. The castle looks fabulous

Yaaay! we were there at the same time :) I adored Fantillusion too.

Yeah - such a good parade! Hope you had a great time despite the weather!

I totally share your excitement :cool1::santa::banana::cloud9:
LOVE your pictures. Shame about there rain though. The castle looks fabulous

First time for me to see the castle in all of its' Christmas splendor - very festive!:santa:

Great start to your TR Jill. :goodvibes

Thanks - enjoy planning your next trip :)- hopefully will be starting day 2 soon.

Day two started with breakfast - and I loaded up! Only sad thing was that the hot items weren't that hot - :sad1: - this was a bit of a bummer but improved the rest of the week. The restaurant was relaxing and I had a view of the lake. :)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After breakfast I layered up with thermals, coat and rain poncho and headed for the parks. At 9:30am was allowed into the Park - and browsed through the shops on Main Street USA before deciding the weather was such that I wanted to go to the Studios. So off I went at 10:00am to the Studios making a reservation for Restaurant de Stars on my way.

First up was Toy Story Playland. I really loved the imagineering in this area!:wizard:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After that - off to Animagique for a warm up - then on to Crush's Coaster (first time for this on - loved it!) and Tower of Terror - this did not bode well for me unfortunately. I love Tower of Terror - but today felt rather ill afterward so much so that I left my meal at R de Stars before the dessert course.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was about 3pm and feeling ill and not enjoying the weather decided to go back to the hotel for a rest and warm up - this proved to be just the thing I needed!:) I had a lovely hot bath, rest and in the evening watched the bon fire fireworks from my hotel room window!!:wizard: This was a very happy surprise. I was sorry I would miss it but just didn't feel like going out again - and then I hear pop pop and sure enough I had a great view!!:goodvibes

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Oh no, what a shame about your dessert!!! :sick: :hug: At least you weren't feeling off colour for too long. Great view of the fireworks too!

Loving the Christmas photos!!! :santa: :love: Shame about the weather, but hey, if it hadn't rained we wouldn't have enjoyed seeing your poncho photo! ;)

wow you really did have a great view of the fireworks! Your room at the Magic Circus looks very similar to ours when we stayed there, same side of the building too, and same ginormous king-size bed :goodvibes!

Oh no, what a shame about your dessert!!! :sick: :hug: At least you weren't feeling off colour for too long. Great view of the fireworks too!

Loving the Christmas photos!!! :santa: :love: Shame about the weather, but hey, if it hadn't rained we wouldn't have enjoyed seeing your poncho photo! ;)

I was glad to recover quickly - think I just have to go easy on thrill rides now - :rolleyes: - and I really love them - or used to! Think the rain poncho will go down in history- :laughing: - such a fashion look! Big, marshmallowy, tent like - waterproof happiness.:rotfl2:

Have a great trip December!:santa::goodvibes:santa:

wow you really did have a great view of the fireworks! Your room at the Magic Circus looks very similar to ours when we stayed there, same side of the building too, and same ginormous king-size bed :goodvibes!

The view was a total surprise - of course I zoomed in with my camera for the shots but I was so glad to see the festivities that I had thought I'd missed. :wizard: The bed was ginormous - I couldn't quite figure out how to sleep in it - one side - middle - :laughing:!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter