Third US case of coronavirus confirmed in OC

UPDATE:

This is heresay, but sounds legit. My neighborhood facebook page is reporting that the man came from Wuhan to Irvine (my city) to visit his son. He flew in Wednesday. They went out to a hotpot restaurant here. He went to the hospital Friday.

Last edited:
We always use hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes on tables when we eat. This trip will be no different.

This virus began in late November early December they are trying to catch up to the real number of victims. The Chinese are hiding the truth just look at how they are building hospitals and locking down millions that’s a state of emergency martial law type of move!

avoid crowded areas and always sanitize!! The virus is here and Disney has a lot of Chinese tourist im avoiding everything till a vaccine comes out

I don't do social media but wife has already spread to 12 people last night how the virus started in China...what she had read on Facebook....but I am sanitized so not going to spread that rumor

I don't do social media but wife has already spread to 12 people last night how the virus started in China...what she had read on Facebook....but I am sanitized so not going to spread that rumor

It's pretty conclusive that "patient zero" was infected in China. They even have it down to a specific meat market in Wuhan.

Ugh ..... Santa Ana, right next to Disneyland. Yes, this is definitely scary and I’m sure plenty of people will tell me I’m dumb for going to Disneyland next week but I’m still going to go. Definitely will try my best to keep my hands sanitized and not touch my face.

UPDATE:

This is heresay, but sounds legit. My neighborhood facebook page is reporting that the man came from Wuhan to Irvine (my city) to visit his son. He flew in Wednesday. They went out to a hotpot restaurant here. He went to the hospital Friday.

Thanks for this info. We're in Anaheim and I was annoyed that the news didn't say what city the patient was in.

Yeah, they wear the masks every year during cold and flu season. It is a courtesy thing in many Asian cultures. You wear a mask when you are sick or have symptoms that may cause people to think you are (sneezing, coughing). I see it around my city all the time in the winter. Yesterday, the woman in the car behind me on my way home from Target had on a mask. Alone. In her car. She looked Indian. The people wearing masks are trying to keep their germs to themselves and you should be relieved when you see that. It's the polite thing to do.

The masks actually aren’t all that effective at containing germs. Hand washing is really your best defense. None of us are keeping our germs to themselves unless we stay home! 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

It's pretty conclusive that "patient zero" was infected in China. They even have it down to a specific meat market in Wuhan.
yep....that is 25% of the rumor..jWuhan..the other 75% is the type of meat....of which I have not read or heard to support the meat that my wife is sharing.

Yeah, they wear the masks every year during cold and flu season. It is a courtesy thing in many Asian cultures. You wear a mask when you are sick or have symptoms that may cause people to think you are (sneezing, coughing). I see it around my city all the time in the winter. Yesterday, the woman in the car behind me on my way home from Target had on a mask. Alone. In her car. She looked Indian. The people wearing masks are trying to keep their germs to themselves and you should be relieved when you see that. It's the polite thing to do.
Wish everyone did this! It’s been such a bad cold and flu season this year! 😢

I work in an Asian community and many people wear masks in public year round. What I’ve realized is that it’s not necessarily the sick people wearing them. Many/most are wearing them because they do not want to get sick. They’ve been doing this for years. It’s the norm around me. It’s like they are always prepared because they know there’s a super virus just around the corner.

The masks actually aren’t all that effective at containing germs. Hand washing is really your best defense. None of us are keeping our germs to themselves unless we stay home! 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

It's also done as a courtesy towards others, to let people know visually that they are sick, so if they don't shake your hand or hold a door open for you, they don't appear rude.

It's also done as a courtesy towards others, to let people know visually that they are sick, so if they don't shake your hand or hold a door open for you, they don't appear rude.

If you are sick to the point where you need to wear a mask as a “courtesy”, you should stay home, and you certainly shouldn’t be at a theme park where you could infect others. The courtesy would be to stay home or at your hotel.

I have nothing else to add to this conversation.

Hopefully everyone we have seen here wearing masks are trying not to get sick.

If Disney were smart they would start making Mickey masks

I actually saw some with Disney characters at the doctor's last week! Of course, they were kid-sized :P But one or two may have happened to fall into my purse after putting one on in the waiting room....LOL

If you are sick to the point where you need to wear a mask as a “courtesy”, you should stay home, and you certainly shouldn’t be at a theme park where you could infect others. The courtesy would be to stay home or at your hotel.

I have nothing else to add to this conversation.

Hopefully everyone we have seen here wearing masks are trying not to get sick.

I just got back home from a local community park. There was a family dressed in suits and dresses, doing a photo shoot (pretty common around here on Sundays). A teenaged boy was wearing a mask. The family was Asian. They wear the masks all the time...doesn't mean they are deathly ill. And yes, he left the mask on for the photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter