This Might Sound Funny..but When Is A Good Time To Start Looking For Airfare For 2002

sweetpea3470

Mouseketeer
HI,
JUST BACK FROM DISNEY 3 WEEKS AGO , NOW IM READY TO START PLANNING MY NEXT TRIP , NEXT APRIL. WHEN SHOULD I START LOOKING FOR LOW FARES? ALSO, DO U THINK SINCE EASTER IS IN MARCH NEXT YEAR THIS WILL WORK TO MY ADVANTAGE? ANY INPUT APPRECIATED

you have lots of time for that right now! I would venture to say next jan dec 2001 at the earliest.

We snagged $171 /pp/round trip LGA to MCO 10 months before we are leaving this fall.
The rate for our flights on Delta is now around $312/pp/round trip.

IF you are definite on your dates & times - then reserve early.
Watch the CANCELLATION fees if reserving early.

Good Luck !
Hope you get a great rate ! ;)

We also booked 10 months in advance, booked in September for a July flight. We paid $178 R/T P/P from LGA to MCO. One of the flights is sold out and has been for a while, and the fare is now $562 R/T P/P.

We have very specific dates to fly because of DH job, so as soon as we know we're going, we book. Even if I had waited until February, the flight then was $320.

I have the exact times I want, direct, non-stop flight, and a very early departure time.

If you can be flexible with the dates and times you fly, then you have time to book. You will probably find a good fare, but if you are not flexible, as in my case, then book as far out as you can.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Like others have said, it doesn't hurt to start looking now. If you have prior experience buying tickets for a particular route, then you should know what price is a 'good deal'. If you see that price, grab it. If it goes lower later, you can always get a voucher for the difference.

With that said, I have usually never had much luck more than 4 months in advance....but...you never know.

thanks everybody for the tips!! i think i will just start looking (cant hurt) i cant believe im thinking about apr 2002 already but thinking about going back to disney just makes me so happy!!! thanks again all.

We got a fare of $183.00 p/p, from San Jose Calif,to MCO. This was for Jan 2001. I got this fare from Delta,in July 2000.We are going back to the World this Jan.2002,I will begin shopping July 2001.It seems that the airlines are somewhat predictable about their airfare sales.:smooth:

WOW, Delta for $183 to Orlando from SJO! You probably got to watch a movie too! We just returned from Orlando on Southwest, only $177/p/p, but I would certainly pay extra for movie, food and comfort. Thanks for the tip about Delta, we're looking to combine a RC cruise with a few days at WDW, sometime btwn Feb-Apr 2002. We usually fly out of OAK, I'll have to check flights out of SJO, too. Thanks for the info.:D :D

I ususally look on the websites once a month until I get within 5 months of the trip, then I look weekly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter