This Thread Has NO CARBS

It can definitely be challenging to eat low carb at Disney.
Eating low carb away from home is challenging anywhere!

This isn't specific to Disney, but it's a great website about carbs in chain restaurant food. It may help you decide what type of things you can order at Disney: https://mrskinnypants.com/category/fast-food-guide/

A great website for general help with low carb /Keto eating /Diabetes: https://www.diabetesdaily.com/forum/
We had tacos for dinner tonight and while the rest of the family had ground beef tacos I made a batch of Shrimp Tacos
Ground beef is low carb -- as long as you don't add stuff to it. But shrimp tacos are better.
My DH has recently had to start really watching carbs, and this Egg Roll In a Bowl is one of our new favorites.
I'm going to try that this week!

A couple others I really enjoy:
- Big Mac salad -- recipe is all over Pinterest
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps -- like PF Changs
I dunno, others may find it gross but... if you get some canned chicken, add a couple tablespoons of greek yogurt, some shredded cheese, some Louisiana hot sauce, mix it up really well and throw it in the toaster oven for about 20 minutes.....put it in a low carb tortilla shell, the results are surprisingly good.
Something similar that I like: A bit of rotisserie chicken (or any leftover chicken) mixed with a little cream cheese and buffalo sauce ... warmed in a ramekin ... scooped up with celery.

Things you can count on at many restaurants, including Disney -- keep it simple and ask questions before you order:
- Eggs and sausage or bacon
- Omelet
- Hamburger patty -- I personally don't go for the lettuce-around-a-burger, but I like just a hamburger patty.
- Green salad with chicken strips
- Chicken salad
- Tuna salad
- Chicken wings
- Chicken, fish, steak with no-sauce vegetables
- Guacamole on pepper strips instead of chips
- Iced coffee with cream /no sugar
- Diet soda
- Water -- or bring your own lemonade "sticks"

Last edited:
My DH has recently had to start really watching carbs, and this Egg Roll In a Bowl is one of our new favorites.

This recipe for garlic knots came out pretty good as well.

I've also done mushrooms in the air fryer, using almond flour and parmesan cheese as the base for the breading, and really liked those.

My favorite dessert so far has been this Keto Cinnamon Donut Bread.

Ok. Made it and tried it. Not bad. Mine only rose up to be about 3 inches high. Is that normal? I did have to alter recipe a bit. I substituted arrowroot because I-couldn’t find coconut flour. I also sprayed the loaf pan with non stick spray.

For dinner I made vegetables with olive oil and feta cheese. Baked for about 20 mins and served with grilled spiral sausage. Yum‼️

MJ

Ok. Made it and tried it. Not bad. Mine only rose up to be about 3 inches high. Is that normal? I did have to alter recipe a bit. I substituted arrowroot because I-couldn’t find coconut flour. I also sprayed the loaf pan with non stick spray.

I think so - mine didn't rise a ton either, but still tasted good. And like you, I made a substitution (used slightly different sugar substitute.)

When at Disney, Just get two chicken sandwiches and a burger, throw away the buns and you have it. A burger with two chicken patties as the bun. And throw away those dangerous sugar laced corn and carrots that come with it.

Also my favorite pot roast recipe:

Sliced mushrooms 10 oz
Chuck roast 3 lbs.
3/4 c red wine
1 pkg onion soup mix
Xanthan gum powder

Lay the mushrooms in a layer on the bottom of a slow cooker.
Lay the chuck roast on top.
Mix the wine and soup mix, then pour over the roast.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
When the roast is finished, remove the roast and mushrooms, and skim the fat off the juices (a gravy separator is good for this).
Return the juices to a pan and thicken with the Xanthan gum powder to taste.

Really good with riced cauliflower or cauliflower mash, and roasted vegetables (sliced celery and onions and a little carrot, although carrots can be carby).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter