Thornberry's, Sponge Bob, & Rocket Power...HELP

MisterPat

"It all started with a daddy wondering where he co
Okay. I'm new to USF. I am a tried and true Disney veteran, but have only been to USF once, mainly to see Barney. Now my DD is older and loves the Thornberry's, Sponge Bob, and Rocket Power.

Is there much to do that pertains to these shows, or not? I know there are some characters, but any rides, shows, etc.? Also, are there Rocket Power characters, or only SpongeBob and Thornberry's.

Convince me that it is worth a whole day at USF for these characters and Barney.

Barney is still the ONLY character that has a Show at Universal.
You may get lucky and see(from recent trip reports) a strolling SpongeBob, but I don't think that other Nick favorites(i.e., Thornberry's, Rocket Power, et.al) are at the park. Universal does not hold the rights to all of the Nick characters and many of them(Rugrats) are at Paramount theme parks(King'sIsland).
Sorry, but you might want to find other things at Universal to HAVE FUN with for the entire day.
HAVE FUN

We have encountered the Eliza and Donny characters of Thornberry fame at Universal. In fact when my daighter was auditioning for Slime Time Live, Donny kept trying to get in the line, it was very cute. Also Angelica, Tommy, and Chuckie from the Rugrats appear.
Character meet and greets at Universal are much better than Disney, especially early in the morning you can hardly walk 50 feet without seeing some characters, unlike the time we had to wait over 30 minutes on a line @ Epcot to spend a total of about 30 seconds with the Mouse for a photo op and when my son was a bit spooked Mickey actually pushed him out of the way so he could get to the next kids- I was steamed!
Anyway, while Nickelodeon characters at USO are plentiful and amiable, unfortunately that is about all they have to offer, there used to be a studio tour but even that has been pared down to the game lab portion that used to be at the end. Sadly there are no Nick themed games or attractions.
(And BTW- a Nick themed ride or attraction would get my vote over another roller coaster or fright-based simulator anytime! That is what IOA is for!)
:jester:

Personally, I'd like to see something like Nickeloden's Super Saturator at a Paramount park (which I cannot recall the name).

Where do they have the char. meets? It would make my boys trip just the best if they had a chance to meet spongebob.Just have to tell you this..at a char. breakfast we saw char. acting very inappropriately. Must have been some young guy in the Goofy costume and he spent more time grabbing the hostess's butt than interacting with guests! They were flirting and messing around with each other the whole time we were there.

We were there last week and they have a spot for character greetings, it is near the kiddie roller coaster. My kids got Angelica, Tommy, and Chuckie's autograph. We also saw Spongebob and I think it was Rocky and Bullwinkle too. My kids did not see any characters at MK, it seems they do not walk around anymore.

When the gates open first thing in the morning you cannot miss the characters they are lined up at the first main intersection in front of the main souvineer shop. They also appear thoughout the say at different places in the park. You can ask at guest services (to your right after you pass the front gates) for that day's schedule for any particular character you are looking for.
:jester:

of Donny "eating" my VERY expensive fruit plate first thing in the a.m. at the bakery right where you walk in. DS is looking at him like, "My mom paid a lot of $$ for that, leave it alone!" Like someone else said, first thing in the a.m., right there at the main entrance area you'll see scads of characters. Off the top of my head, at Xmas we saw Spongebob, Shrek, Donny, Eliza, most of the X-Men characters, etc. Fun!
Terri the Yoopermom

We saw in August Barney Rubble and Fred Flintstone, Shrek, and Scooby Doo. Also saw Charlie Chaplin and Marilyn Monroe (RIP!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter