• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Those of you who already have tix/passes, but booked package w/ free dining anyway

wcduke

Mouseketeer
Hi.

I'm sure many of you, like myself, already had park tickets or AP's (we already have 10 day park hopper premium passes) but you still bought the MYW package w/ free dining and perhaps a 1-day park pass.

We are staying for 9 nights and planning on saving our 1-day passes that come w/ the package for another trip. We plan on actually using our 10 day park hopper premium passes that we purchased through ticketmania.

So my question is, since we are NOT using the park passes that are included within the package, but instead using passes we already have, is there anything special we need to do? How will it work? Do we somehow need to "link up" our 10 day park passes w/ the free dining included in our package? Will each of us have one park pass and one "free dining" pass?

I want to make sure I have all of these potential problems ironed out before we leave for WDW in September. Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

WOW.... you pulled that question right out of my head. :rotfl: I just booked the package w/ the free dining and we have ap's. I would also like to know the answer. TIA :wave2:

Your free dining will be linked to your room key. So will the one day pass you purchased with the package. Just don't use your room key for park admission or else it will use that day. Use your seperate pre-purchased tix for park admission but your room key for dining.

Thanks Lori, thats good to know. THen I can keep the room key w/ the one day ticket and use it at a later date? Thanks again :wave2:

wizzytoon said:
Thanks Lori, thats good to know. THen I can keep the room key w/ the one day ticket and use it at a later date? Thanks again :wave2:

That is the part that remains to be seen. Not sure if you'll just keep the room key or if they'll give you a standard paper ticket when you check out. CRO didn't seem to know either. I would just ask about it at check in!

Will do. Thanks.

I love the Dis :lovestruc , So many nice people to help. :wave2:

Just a reminder that if you bought the 1 day passes without expiration you should use those up and since you probably bought the 10 day with the no expiration you can use those later.

oh my now I have to rethink this. I thought that you had to use the park admissions that you got with the package but you are telling me that we can use the AP and save the passes. Boy does that change everything.

lovewdwdvc said:
oh my now I have to rethink this. I thought that you had to use the park admissions that you got with the package but you are telling me that we can use the AP and save the passes. Boy does that change everything.

You DO NOT have to use the passes you got with the package. as long as you do not use them AT ALL they will not expire or go bad. Once you've used them, they will expire 14 days from first use. Matter of fact, if you are an AP holder then you can get the package with only a one day ticket, save it for another time and save money. Your dining will be good for the length of your stay at the hotel, not the length of stay on your tickets! I confirmed this today with a manager at CRO.

The AP note from Disney_1derland is great.

My reply really only applies to Park Hoppers. You can save the no expiration upgrade on the required park pass since the OP paid for that on the original 10 day. I'd rather get the day off the current room/dinner/1 day pass so I don't need to keep track of it or worry about bringing both media items on the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter