Those who have booked at Calypso Cay

DisneyDreamin'2002

Earning My Ears
I was just wondering how much of a deposit do you have to put down here and if anyone knows when you have to finish paying off your reservation? Can you use a credit card? Thanks!

Country Inn 800 # told me you give them a cc # and they don't charge anything to it, UNLESS YOU ARE A NO SHOW, then they bill one night I THINK. The Calypso resort main number however when calling about the runaway bay apartment/condo area said you had to pay in full at booking with credit card or I think maybe send a check? You'll have to call on this. Has anyone found anymore pictures?

Bumping this up, Fgoldberg has been so nice about posting info here maybe she will check the boards this morning and can tell us for sure.

That would be so helpful wouldn't it? I love these boards because everyone is so helpful. Thank you for the great info you gave me also Cenicienta. I really appreciate it. I'm not too thrilled about having to pay everything off at booking though. And I had my heart set on a condo. Do you suppose all the timeshare properties do it this way? I was checking out Marriotts Grande Vista and it looks wonderful too. It's a vacation club type place although I did see something there about using a CC to confirm a reservation. Do you or anyone else here have any experiences with this one?

We booked through value trips, no deposit. Did get a credit card guarantee to hold the room wont charge us untill we arrive. Can't wait to try this new hotel in September.

Same experience as Bev J, Credit card guarantee for the room, no dep through valuetrips.

Bev J,when in Sept ar you going, we will be there Sept 18-24. Maybe we'll see you there!

Can't wait, 171 Days 13 Hrs 0 Mins 45 Secs and counting!!!

Good morning!

When booking a hotel room at either Country Inn or AmeriSuites at Calypso Cay so long as you book directly, you give your credit card number but nothing is charged until you arrive. We do charge a one night penalty charge to the credit card for no shows. If you book a reservation through a different company then you are bound by their reservation policies. In that case, some require full payment up front and some allow you to pay on arrival. Details vary so be very careful. I do not have too much information on the Timeshare units or the Runaway Bay Apartments however they do have a website with an email address so maybe if anyone is interested, you can email them and they can respond to your individual questions. Their website is www.calypsocay.com

Hope this answers your questions. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Faye

Maybe someone can post a shuttle schedule from this month, just so we can get a sample idea of how it is? The neat thing about a large group here is they offer Universal AND Disney park transportation for free? Am I right no charge? Can someone confirm where else this shuttle goes, I think I've read a couple of other places too???

Thank you Faye and everyone for your most appreciated help. I guess if I want to book a condo apartment I'll have to email or call directly. My family has stayed at Country Inn in the past and we love it there too. It has such a homey atmosphere. More like an Inn rather than a cold hotel room. Maybe we will opt to book there. Thanks again everyone.

Singitalto-Hey we will be there Sept. 20-26, comming down for the pin event with another couple and no kids ;). Maybe we will see you around the pool!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter