Thoughts on and Suggestions for Jiko

Fladis32

Mouseketeer
We are celebrating my husband's big birthday at Jiko. We have never been there. Please chime in on thoughts or menu (apps, entrees, & dessert) suggestions. I am not particularly adventurous about new things, so any ideas would be great. He is super excited. I want to make it really special for him. Thanks!

Its amazing :). Get the filet and mac & cheese. Its not on the menu any longer but still easily the most popular thing served there.

We all loved the wild boar tenderloin appetizer. I've had it a couple of times. The boar is nice, but it's really the sauce that it's in that makes the dish. The first time I ordered it our server said she'd bring some more bread because I'd want to soak up the remainder of the sauce with it. I didn't want to tell her no because I had no intention of doing that. She was right. I did.

They usually have a beet salad of some kind - it changes from visit to visit but it's always delicious.

There's unfortunately a few appetizers they no longer have on their menu. I can't quite recall the name, but one was basically beef in a pastry. DH and I would share it and fight over it.

Their chicken dish changes from time to time but is always very nice. Also check out the daily soup. Those are often really good, especially some of the tomato ones we've had.

Its amazing :). Get the filet and mac & cheese. Its not on the menu any longer but still easily the most popular thing served there.
Actually, it's back on the menu. I just had it last week and it was lovely. :) My husband had a different steak that was also really good. We also had the Wild Boar app and Malva pudding and both were great!

Also, if you like coffee, get the Kenyan press pot coffee with your dessert. So good!

Last edited:
Actually, it's back on the menu. I just had it last week and it was lovely. :) My husband had a different steak that was also really good. We also had the Wild Boar app and Malva pudding and both were great!

Also, if you like coffee, get the Kenyan press pot coffee with your dessert. So good!

Yep, back on the menu.

Have eaten there several times. Never had a bad meal. The servers are awesome. They will walk you through the menu if you are not familiar with something and make good suggestions.
Without knowing what type of food you like, a suggestion is difficult. Later in the evening, its not as crowded if that matters to you.
Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter