Thoughts on how to manage larger group with DAS

mlggator22

Mouseketeer
My brother is coming to visit us from NY with his family and we are doing 3 days at Disneyland. He is a family of 6 and I will have my husband and adult daughter with me. So a party of 9 in all, which is over the allowed 6. I have to use a DAS so I am trying to figure out how to manage this. My two thoughts are having 3 people get the Genie plus and we just try to coordinate together or they get in line and I meet them. Neither are great or ideal.
I am worried about trying to coordinate the Genie plus with the das. Has anyone done this before and if so how did it go and do you have any tips?
Living on two separate sides of the continent, I honestly don't see my brother and his family often (maybe once every 3 years or so). So when we do get together its important to spend as much time as possible with him. So having them wait in line without me for most of the day is really a disappointing thought. Which makes me lean towards the first option.
I would also welcome any thoughts or ideas that others may have. I just want to make the best time with his family as I can for the few days I get to see them.
Thanks!

The easiest thing imo will be to simply get Genie+ for everyone in the party, that way you won't have to coordinate, simply book for everyone at the same time. You can still get DAS and maybe go on a few rides with dif ppl if it's a ride someone doesn't wanna go on or for rides with LL$ like RotR or RSR.

Second best option is as you said, have them get Genie+ and try and coordinate the times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter