Thoughts on Rivers of Light and dining package (Tiffins vs Tusker?)

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi! I am planning a somewhat last minute trip for my birthday and was considering doing ROL. We have never done it before.. always preferred to use the evening to be in Pandora instead. But I would like to do some sort of evening show for my birthday and as we will be in AK, I’m considering it. :)

Curious if people like the new version better than the old and also, would you recommend the dining package? I’m planning on doing Tusker breakfast and Tiffins dinner.. which would I choose?

Thanks!!

I'm working on this choice as well, although both for dinner. Am trying to find out if whole menu is available at Tiffins for the ROL package, or is it a special menu. Seemed likely to me that they would say you can't get the surf&turf, and since my son would really want steak, that might be a deal-breaker.

But to your question--I'd want to know if the full Tiffins dinner menu is available with the package. If so, I'd definitely pick that one for a birthday meal (assuming it's an adult's birthday). Tiffins is so nice and pretty inside, and it feels like a special meal.

We did Tusker House dinner buffet last year with kids and enjoyed it, but I thought it was very kid-oriented. It doesn't feel as "nice" or special as Tiffins.

It was the whole menu at Tiffins last December, my sister got the surf and turf. I'll be there on Sunday for the package again and can update if anything has changed.

Hi! I am planning a somewhat last minute trip for my birthday and was considering doing ROL. We have never done it before.. always preferred to use the evening to be in Pandora instead. But I would like to do some sort of evening show for my birthday and as we will be in AK, I’m considering it. :)

Curious if people like the new version better than the old and also, would you recommend the dining package? I’m planning on doing Tusker breakfast and Tiffins dinner.. which would I choose?

Thanks!!
I have seen the show both from the standby area and the dining package area. The dining package area in my opinion is the best seating area in the stadium, as you can clearly see all of the projections, which can be obscured when in other sections due to the angle of the fountains.

I have seen both the old show and the updated one and prefer the old version. They are both beautiful, but the live singers added a really nice layer to the show that has since been cut.

I saw the new show in August, but didn't see the other version. For a birthday, I'd say 'No'. Don't plan around it. It's pretty but not worthy of paying for the package. On the regular DDP, only for the fact that you get an appetizer at Tiffens. My kids and I much preferred watching Awakenings at the Tree of Life to ROL.

The new version is a little better than the previous one. I wouldn't do the ROL package, unless you're on the dining plan.

The new version is a little better than the previous one. I wouldn't do the ROL package, unless you're on the dining plan.

The package is worth it at Tiffins OOP if you want to order one of the more expensive entrees. The surf and turf is only $3 less by itself than the whole package costs.

No one in our party of 8 liked Tusker so I'd recommend Tiffins. Food at Tusker seemed to be of the highway buffet quality in my opinion.

We just left Tiffins for the ROL package, it's still the whole menu. The surf and turf is now scallops instead of lobster, same price as before. You can substitute Wagyu tenderloin for the short rib entree, too. I'm so full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter