Thoughts on September 2022 trip

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
We have a large group of 15 heading to WDW September 10-17. I have looked at a few different crowd calendars and they all portray this week as a very low attendance time to go, especially during the week. Do you think this is accurate? I know that September is less busy overall but will the 50th celebration change that this year? Thoughts?

By that time I would hope the crowds would thin out again. I can say that last month was supposed to be low attendence but parks were very busy so it's anyone's guess. However by September the 50th would be going on for almost one year plus hopefully the pent up demand from international travelers would ease a bit? We noticed a ton of international people there in Jan.

Our recent visits (November, December) suggested to us that legacy crowd forecasting isn't very accurate right now.

My sense is that there is a lot of pent-up demand, and a lot of people are eager to go to WDW at any time because they haven't been in a while, and that may be counter to historical attendance patterns.

I think it will still be lower because of the weather/risk of hurricanes. But I doubt it will be truly low. People are more willing than ever to pull their kids out of school for trips.

We were there in Sept. 2021 and while it wasn't as busy as the week of Dec. 17th when I was there, it was pretty busy. Compared to other years I've been in Sept., I would say it seemed about the same. The only difference I could tell was since there was no FP or Genie + yet, everyone was standing in lines but they were moving fast.

With that many people, I would just make sure you have some sort of plan for how you are going to handle the trip if there is a hurricane. When it's just DH and I going, it's not a big deal to adjust our schedules around a hurricane at the last minute. But for a group that large, you could run into some challenges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter