Threading the needle: March 2025

samsp99

Earning My Ears
I would like to get a spring trip in. If I remember for this year, March was kind of binary - it was mostly solid, but there was a few days to a week that were a lul between the storms. According to https://www.disneytouristblog.com/best-worst-weeks-disney-world-crowd-calendar/ they suggest that March 8-13 2025 should be that week next year - between Mardi gras and Orange county spring break.

I am not experienced at booking at that time of year. Does anyone have recommendations - eg which school districts to look up to see when their spring break lands. I know Disney is always busy, but there is busy and OMG why am I here busy. I would like to try and avoid the latter.

I would like to get a spring trip in. If I remember for this year, March was kind of binary - it was mostly solid, but there was a few days to a week that were a lul between the storms. According to https://www.disneytouristblog.com/best-worst-weeks-disney-world-crowd-calendar/ they suggest that March 8-13 2025 should be that week next year - between Mardi gras and Orange county spring break.

I am not experienced at booking at that time of year. Does anyone have recommendations - eg which school districts to look up to see when their spring break lands. I know Disney is always busy, but there is busy and OMG why am I here busy. I would like to try and avoid the latter.
That is actually our Spring Break week for here in Tuscaloosa, AL.

It sounds like you are wondering when locals will be at the parks.

When I'm thinking about booking in March, I check the date for Easter.
Obviously the date for Easter varies from year to year, so you can't just look at what happened in March of one year, and assume it will be the same in March of another year.
A lot of elementary/high schools around the country have breaks for Easter, so families take vacations and go to Disney World.
Easter 2024 was March. 31.
But Easter 2025 is on Sunday, April 20, so apparently that won't be a concern if planning a March vacation.

March is also a time for colleges to have spring break, and that will vary from one school to another.

I've never looked at the date for Mardi Gras when planning a trip. Maybe some people think that Mardi Gras occurs before Ash Wednesday which occurs before Easter... my mind doesn't work that way.

We always double check, when booking in Feb/March, when Easter falls, and also when Mardi Gras falls - mostly because it can be a much busier week at Disney Mardi Gras week, whether it falls in Feb or March. At least it has been in the past. With Mardi Gras the first week of March. That March 8-13 makes sense to me as being perhaps a little lighter on crowds, after MG. That might be the sweet spot, if OC spring break is after that. Good luck with your planning!

they suggest that March 8-13 2025 should be that week next year
Monday, March 10 through Friday, March 15 is Spring Break for our local school district and for many other school districts here in Texas. I think that pumps up attendance as well - but not as much as Easter does!

The 2nd and 3rd week of march are the prime spring break weeks…. Both will be pretty full…

Have you tried to book a room for your nights?

We went to WDW March 10-15 of this year (2024). The parks were very crowded, but probably not as packed as later in March or around Easter. But, that's not a reason to not go; you just have to have a plan. We normally are rope drop folks, but we travelled with our two college kiddos who did NOT want to get up early this trip. We found that rolling in late morning, bouncing out of the parks when things got crazy, and then coming later in the afternoon/evening worked. We packed our patience, we knew we weren't going to hit all the rides, but we rode the ones that were really important to us. We found the busses were fine at OKW, and we were able to snag most TS reservations we wanted with not much problem. Our weather was great. Warm, but not too hot and we had one small sprinkling of rain while were there.

As long as you go in with a plan, and recognize that you probably won't ride every last ride you want, March is a great time to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter