Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Zoo - we have an amazing free zoo here

Quiet - I’m most grateful for quiet times the peace and tranquility of hearing nothing but nature

Umbrella - I love the tiny little ones I use them at Disney and like that they are small and light grateful for that if I have to carry one around all day

Venison - I do love deer meet although I myself could never shoot a deer 🦌 not judging just saying

X - Rays - great invention - I’ve had way too many !!! Some times good news - some times not so good - but always grateful science has something to tell me !!

Happy Monday! :wave:

#1 - Quilt - I have a quilt my stepdad bought me when I was around 15. I love this quilt so much and I refuse to stop using it. It’s been patched up and sewn up many times.

#2 - Umbrella - It’s going to rain today, so I’ll be grateful to have it.

#3 - Vincas - My favorite flower for around our flag pole. I need to buy them this week and get them planted.

#4 - XRay - I’m very grateful for the X-ray machine in our office, and even more grateful that the doctor I work for X-rays us whenever we need it. He’s X-rayed DD20 many many times during her softball career.

#5 - Zoos - We watch a lot of zoo shows and I’m very grateful for zoos, and the zoo keepers, that work hard to make sure endangered animals are kept safe, and for their hard work to help them reproduce so our planet doesn’t lose any of these incredible animals.

3 things you're grateful for beginning with Q, U, V, X, or Z

1. Quilts - my grandma made each of her grandkids a quilt for a wedding gift. She made each of my girls a small quilt for their dolls. They are so cute!

2. Quick - I'm a terrible procrastinator, so I've started making a conscious effort to pay attention to how much time certain things take. I've realized that many things I procrastinate on are actually pretty quick to get done, so I've gotten better and just doing them!

3. Quarter - I ran into Aldi this weekend to get DH some of their seasonal popsicles that he loves. I was grateful to have a quarter in the car so I could use a cart! I don't shop there too often, so don't think of having one on hand when I go there.

Q- Quizzes. I do several on-line quizzes every day. They are fun, and I like seeing what I know, and what I DON'T know!

U- Universities. Big advocates of higher education, and if it weren't for the University of Maine, both DH and I would be unemployed!

V- My voice. I love to talk, I love to sing... where would we be without a voice? [Look at what happened to Ariel when she gave up her voice!]

X- Xerox? X words are hard, and x-ray seems obvious and would be my first choice, but being able to Xerox things was pretty important at one time. Now we have all kinds of printers and copiers, but IIRC, Xerox was one of the first names in copiers, getting us away from mimeograph machines. Pretty big deal at the time.

Z- Zydeco music. Such fun, and reminder of happy times visiting my sister in New Orleans.

Q- Quacking: I feel like we have a lot of duck jokes, loves and references in our lives. For my ringtone, I go back and forth between a quacking duck and Donald Duck thing. My family has this silly joke about me being a duck and how I'm always quacking. While he has to be in good softball company to say it, my husband loves to yell "Ducks on the Pond" during games...to the point that I've gotten him a trio of duck shirts on top of team shirts. Not that it's a reference that normally involves quacking, but a few of the moms will say quacking related things in response, which can make it a really good laugh and fun time.

U- Underdogs: I don't know what it is, but I think many of us are hardwired to root for the underdog and it's so fun getting to see an underdog have their big moment. We've been joking with DD17 that we're going to have trouble rooting for her university because we're so used to rooting against them (they're rarely the underdog in the sports we like to watch).

V - Victories: Yes, losses are inevitable and are great teaching tools, but winning is pretty darn nice. The victory can even be a personal one. Not that you want to lose as a team, but sometimes your teammates get lazy or are personally outmatched AND/OR your coaches make bad choices, but you still have an opportunity to shine and get a win for you.

X - X-Rays: While they're useful for any number of reasons, I get two every year from the cancer hospital. They always do a chest X-Ray because the lungs are usually the first place they expect to see spread if melanoma has metastasized.

Z - Zoos: Definitely not free here, but I love our zoo. When DD17 was looking for something different for her senior photo shoot, I suggested the zoo. It's a place we've frequented since she was an infant, we were members for a number of years, she had her 4th birthday party there, it was one of the first places we headed when things started opening up a bit here during Covid, and some of the people that helped with the making of Animal Kingdom helped design some of the more recent upgrades to our zoo. So, it's got some Disney vibes on the local level.

Quick service restaurants at WDW: the food has improved over the years and it helps us to save money by not eating so often at signature restaurants.

Zebras: especially the zebras that showed up towards the end of our week at Kidani in 2022. The giraffes were still #1, but the zebras added some more excitement to our balcony viewing.

Vacations to Disney!: researching, planning, anticipating, and finally being there and sharing it with my family.

And Zebra Crossings.

Probably the most famous one, Abbey Road

800px-Abbey_Road_zebra_crossing%2C_London_2007-03-31.jpg

I need to share this with DD17. She's a huge Beatles fan. She has a tribute to Abbey Road on her letterman jacket and a decal on her truck. Not sure if she's familiar with the term "Zebra Crossing," so I think she needs to learn :)

I think the American equivalent is a 'marked crossing'? And I'm not sure if they have the lights?

I've always just called them crosswalks. But apparently, there are varieties:

1715634296622.png

And this one:

As I looked around at my boxes of ziplocs today I thought, how could I forget them! So an extra Z for me today. I know they are not environmentally friendly, so I try to balance that with using less plastic in other places. I use ziplocs for so many different things and they are especially helpful on Disney trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter