Three Things...Gratitude Thread

:hug:dear PollyannaMom, have a brighter day ahead, my friend. Very cute sock image, thanks for the extra smile.

God's mercy and blessings to me of 2 eyes, ears, lips, legs, hands, and toes with all digits and two rows of teeth.

Grandpa and Grandma were such fixtures in my life from God.

Dad and I are graced to each have safe cars.

1. Socks - I love fun socks. I don't wear them out much, but do in the evenings during the winter
2. My contacts - very grateful for them - can't see very well without them
3. DH and me - at this point, I'd consider us a pair and I'm grateful for us and the life we've built!

CONTACTS - I HATE wearing glasses !!! 🤓
Although I wear readers ALL day 🤣🤣

Earrings - I have three piercings in my ear and wear the same 3 sets because they holds special meaning to me !!!

candle holders - you know candle sticks - always purchase two ! Unless I’m turning it into a cake stand then I just get one - unless it’s really cute or really cheap then I get two 🤣🤣

Everything on my body that's supposed to be in pairs - You don't realize how much you take these things for granted until one of them is hurt and out of commission for a bit. We have a friend who suffered a life threatening issue that cost her parts of her hands and feet. It's a reminder of how lucky we all are to have use of every limb and digit we're supposed to have in pairs.

My favorite running/walking socks- Seeing that sock picture really hit home with me. I go through phases where I get really gung-ho about walking and running. I used to suffer through awful blisters. I wasn't in cheap socks, but I wasn't in the right socks. About 5 years ago, I found the Balega Silver Compression Fit Performance No Show socks and I now rarely have to worry about blisters.

A good pair of running shoes (in fun colors)- Mind you, I haven't run since some time in 2020, but they're still the ideal footwear for nice long walks. Seeing all of those purple Brooks comments yesterday reminded me of my collection. While I'll occasionally try other things (still holding on to some gently worn Levitate 2s), I'm happiest in a pair of Brooks Glycerins...although, not every model year is great. I'm still babying a few pairs of 17s that still have some life in them and I prefer the 20s I bought last winter over the 21s currently in store. If you add in the Hokas that DD17 has long-term borrowed from me and the New Balance fresh foam trail runners, I have seven pairs in rotation. It may seem like a lot, but when I hit those phases where I get obsessed and put in a ton of mileage, it's advised to have multiple pairs and kinds in rotation.

CONTACTS - I HATE wearing glasses !!! 🤓
Although I wear readers ALL day 🤣🤣

Earrings - I have three piercings in my ear and wear the same 3 sets because they holds special meaning to me !!!

candle holders - you know candle sticks - always purchase two ! Unless I’m turning it into a cake stand then I just get one - unless it’s really cute or really cheap then I get two 🤣🤣

Have you ever tried bi-focal contacts? I have them and love them! My doctor said that not everyone can wear them though, so might not be an option.

🤣🤣🤣 I must be on a spectrum because I’m super sensitive to things and I can’t stand anything touching my eye so I can only wear one type of contacts they are super thin - I can’t wear a torque lens as I can feel it and it drives me nuts !! I’ve tried several kinds ! I’m same way with clothes can’t stand tags they got to go !!!
Although hugs / massages don’t bother me a bit !! Weird !!

I am totally in love with my new pair of shoes. I read an article on the DFB recommending Hoka’s for WDW and I impulsively bought a pair on amazon! Crazy, I know. I had gift card money from my birthday in my account, otherwise I don’t think I would have spent so much on one pair of shoes. But I totally lucked out with the size and fit. It’s like they were made for my feet. I am not a shoe person, but I truly love these.

I also love my compression socks. They help in so many ways and since I started wearing them I have never gotten the dreaded Disney rash when at WDW!

Friends: all kinds, best friends, sister friends, animated character friends, couples. I especially like when unlikely people are paired in a book, TV show, or movie and end up becoming the best of friends or partners. I love the song from The Fox and the Hound about being the best of friends.

Pairs 🧦🍒👀

Well, not an official pair, but the British countryside paired with a warm, sunny day is just perfect. - like today!

Sea Salt & Black Pepper - to enhance flavor (I, also, like the American way of adding both vanilla extract and salt to baking.)

My parents - such good folks. I'm fortunate, I know.

MInt & Choc Chip - in ice cream form.

Pineapple & Pizza. ::yes::

Macaroni & Cheese.

🤣🤣🤣 I must be on a spectrum because I’m super sensitive to things and I can’t stand anything touching my eye so I can only wear one type of contacts they are super thin - I can’t wear a torque lens as I can feel it and it drives me nuts !! I’ve tried several kinds ! I’m same way with clothes can’t stand tags they got to go !!!
Although hugs / massages don’t bother me a bit !! Weird !!

Don't feel alone! A lot of people are bothered by light touch, but not deep pressure.

That makes sense. That lightness of touch can be more ticklish/itchy/distracting. Not always, but I often remove labels from clothes.

I am totally in love with my new pair of shoes. I read an article on the DFB recommending Hoka’s for WDW and I impulsively bought a pair on amazon! Crazy, I know. I had gift card money from my birthday in my account, otherwise I don’t think I would have spent so much on one pair of shoes. But I totally lucked out with the size and fit. It’s like they were made for my feet. I am not a shoe person, but I truly love these.

I also love my compression socks. They help in so many ways and since I started wearing them I have never gotten the dreaded Disney rash when at WDW!

Friends: all kinds, best friends, sister friends, animated character friends, couples. I especially like when unlikely people are paired in a book, TV show, or movie and end up becoming the best of friends or partners. I love the song from The Fox and the Hound about being the best of friends.
Hi :wave2: Which type of Hoka did you get? Are they good for walking? I'm looking for some new trainers. Thanks x

Hi :wave2: Which type of Hoka did you get? Are they good for walking? I'm looking for some new trainers. Thanks x
I think they’re called Clifton 9? it also says Hoka One One. Hope that helps!
Some people described them as “clunky” but I like the extra support. I like the size of the toe box (I think it will allow for foot swelling in the heat) and they have a narrowish heel, which is perfect for me since that is always a problem for me. With some shoes I feel like I’m walking out of them. (I have a narrow heel)

Indoor Plumbing - the availability of water anytime

Washing Machines!! Can’t imagine having to do it ALL by hand like grandma or great grandma used to do

Oceans - nothing better than being on a cruise looking out over the ocean 🌊 and seeing wildlife - Dolphins 🐬 Whales 🐳 Seals 🦭 beautiful sunsets 🌅 the waves of the ocean 🌊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter