Thrifty at MCO: counter or garage?

joxer1014

DIS Veteran
I have asked this question before for other rental companies and now I am asking about your experiences with Thrifty at MCO. My rental is at the end of April at Thrifty is now hands down the best rate so far. Has anyone dealt with Thrifty recently? I have rented with them in the past and have my Blue Chip number. Did you go right to the garage or did you still have to go to the counter?

Thank you

Last time we rented Thrifty at MCO 5 months ago, Thrifty no longer offered the option to go right to the car, even with Blue Chip. We were told they stopped recognizing that perk. Not sure if that might have changed back to how it used to be, but if you book Thrifty for the rates, you should plan to stand in line to get your car at MCO. It's a main reason we've booked with other companies who do allow me to go right to the car.

They are back to using the garage again. I used them in March (last month), booked directly through Thrifty as a Blue Chip member, went right to garage, name was on the board, walked to spot that had my car reserved and rolled out.

Back in January, this was also my experience but slightly different because I booked through a 3rd party but did have my Blue Chip number linked.

They are back to using the garage again. I used them in March (last month), booked directly through Thrifty as a Blue Chip member, went right to garage, name was on the board, walked to spot that had my car reserved and rolled out.

Back in January, this was also my experience but slightly different because I booked through a 3rd party but did have my Blue Chip number linked.
That is excellent information. Thanks. If direct access to the car in the garage is back, I'll take a look at renting with them again!

That is excellent information. Thanks. If direct access to the car in the garage is back, I'll take a look at renting with them again!

You are welcome! That was the only reason we returned, but I did have a backup Alamo reservation just in case since they have the skip the counter option on their app. I will also say, we've also had a nice selection of cars the last two times where previous Thrifty and Dollar experiences we had some not so great vehicles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter