Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if I booked a throwaway room for the 8th day of our trip, if I would be able to book an additional FP+ or would I still be limited to 7 days.
Because you are beginning with an offsite stay, your max is 7 days.

If you booked your onsite stay at the beginning, you'd have a 60-day booking window.

"I haven't booked my throwaway room yet (It's not until October, BTW), but:
I have an MDE account
My roomate has an MDE account
My sister will be making an MDE account and adding her husband and 2 children on it (or so I think as I'm still reading up on the MDE stuff).

Should I wait until we all have MDE accounts before booking the throwaway room?
I wasn't sure how it would know whom the magic bands/etc. are for, or if you add guests onto the reservation later or something."

Can 6 people get FP from one room?

You can have up to 10 on a campsite.

I would wait and make sure all the MDE's are shared via the Friends and Family function. In my experience, it is easier to do this ahead of time. Otherwise, you would have to call Disney to have additional people added to the reservation.

OK, so I wanted some info regarding the ADR and FP+. We're going March 10-17, 2018. We actually have only 5days of park hoppers because we will need a little bit of a break in between. Days off to be determined. 2018 dates haven't been released yet, but they will be soon, so I'll be booking my throwaway reservation soon.

5-day parkhoppers
Staying in Orlando 7 days 3/10/18 through 3/17/18
Plan to visit parks: 3/10, 3/11, 3/12, 3/14, 3/16 (skipping 3/13 & 3/15 to give feet rest)
If I book throwaway room on 3/10 and 3/11, I will get reservation privileges for 3/10, 3/11, and 3/12, yes?
So am I to understand that my 5-day parkhopper entitlements for the purposes of advanced reservation DO NOT consider the days off in-between? So I can only get FP+ at 60 instead of 30 for 3/10-3/14? Would this change if the room reservations extended the whole time? Not that I'm planning on doing that as that would get expensive, but for purposes of knowing which days I should book my throwaway room.

Because you are beginning with an offsite stay, your max is 7 days.

If you booked your onsite stay at the beginning, you'd have a 60-day booking window.

Thanks. I understand I can book 60 days out with an onsite stay, I am trying to figure out if I can book more than 7 days worth of FP+ with APs staying offsite. I was wondering if a mid-stay throwaway room might accomplish this (7 days booked 30 days out and then an additional 7 days after a throwaway room is booked).

Thanks.

Thanks. I understand I can book 60 days out with an onsite stay, I am trying to figure out if I can book more than 7 days worth of FP+ with APs staying offsite. I was wondering if a mid-stay throwaway room might accomplish this (7 days booked 30 days out and then an additional 7 days after a throwaway room is booked).

Thanks.
Your max is 7 days because you are offsite first. Having a Throwaway Room does not help you.

Your max is 7 days because you are offsite first. Having a Throwaway Room does not help you.

Thanks. If we stayed on-site first, I know we'd have the 60 day window but would we still be limited to 7 days?

I don't even know why this was ever included with other "loopholes". I guess the forbidden practice of cancelling the room. But if you are paying for it and not cancelling it, as I once read on another message board, "Any time a seller says that in order to get X you have to buy Y, I see no problem with someone buying Y when all they really want is X." If Disney had a problem with this, the simple solution would be to not allow one night reservations which would eliminate much of the value of the throwaway room. But that would have a much greater ripple effect than eliminating throwaway rooms for anyone ever interested in a one night stay at a Disney resort.

From the 1st Post of this thread:

"This thread is not for debating whether or not this is a good, bad or allowable strategy. Posts/posters who ignore this warning will be removed accordingly."

:wave2: Dropping in to remind everyone that this thread, from its inception in 2014, discusses onsite room reservations that are available to anyone for booking.

ETA: text changed to "strategy."

From the 1st Post of this thread:

"This thread is not for debating whether or not this is a good, bad or allowable strategy. Posts/posters who ignore this warning will be removed accordingly."

:wave2: Dropping in to remind everyone that this thread, from its inception in 2014, discusses onsite room reservations that are available to anyone for booking.

*Edited to fix quote/post content no longer applies/this post may be deleted*

Last edited:
Clarification question. If I book my throwaway for midtrip, because of the particular days I would like to use EMH, can I book FP+ for the earlier days once the window is open? Ie: could I book FP+ for day 1 and 2 at 58 and 59 days out once my window opens for Day 3 of my trip? I know about the rolling 60 going forward.

Thanks.

Clarification question. If I book my throwaway for midtrip, because of the particular days I would like to use EMH, can I book FP+ for the earlier days once the window is open? Ie: could I book FP+ for day 1 and 2 at 58 and 59 days out once my window opens for Day 3 of my trip? I know about the rolling 60 going forward.

Thanks.
Yes.

Do the campsites sell out regularily ?

Cant find any for mid October. Does that mean they are out or should I keep trying ?

I have tried to read through this thread to find an answer, but 21 pages was a bit hard to sift though

We are thinking about getting a single night throwaway room for an upcoming trip. What would happen if the check in and out day was the day before we arrive? Would there be any problem doing that?

We are thinking about getting a single night throwaway room for an upcoming trip. What would happen if the check in and out day was the day before we arrive? Would there be any problem doing that?

You would not get the parking or EMH

This is awesome thread and as far as I can figure out we would only be paying an extra 92 for the convenience. Can someone please tell me when will dates for booking May 2018 open up?

Do the campsites sell out regularily ?

Cant find any for mid October. Does that mean they are out or should I keep trying ?
Most likely given the multitude of MNSSHPs, the Food & Wine Festival, and the relatively small number of campsites, combined with the booking of throwaway reservations, mean they're out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter