Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

This ride will be a huge hit no matter what, as the drop part is the exact same. Yes the interior will look completely different but its the same ride pattern. I am excited to try it but this isn't the level of GOTG let's say.

I kinda agree that they might not even do previews for it. They will definitely do a media day

It shocks me that they don't want open this thing Memorial Day Weekend
Wondering if they’re waiting till the the full rollout of DAS changes?

Wondering if they’re waiting till the the full rollout of DAS changes?
No, that happens 5/20 at WDW. We know it won't happen until mid-June absolute earliest as the media push is all about the family of the late-lady that inspired Tiana's story being among the first to ride link and at that same time it was said that would be in mid-June. As it is, WDW's Tiana transformation has seemingly hummed right along especially for a WDW project. DL doesn't even have an opening season yet while WDW is committed to having the attraction full functioning for at least a few log rides by mid-June.

With Remy everyone and their brother knew it was sitting their operable for months, there have been no such rumors with Tiana so I don't think they're specifically holding it back.

Which is the 20th so still leaves them time at that point

No, that happens 5/20 at WDW. We know it won't happen until mid-June absolute earliest as the media push is all about the family of the late-lady that inspired Tiana's story being among the first to ride link and at that same time it was said that would be in mid-June. As it is, WDW's Tiana transformation has seemingly hummed right along especially for a WDW project. DL doesn't even have an opening season yet while WDW is committed to having the attraction full functioning for at least a few log rides by mid-June.

With Remy everyone and their brother knew it was sitting their operable for months, there have been no such rumors with Tiana so I don't think they're specifically holding it back.
Except DAS still has people who will have the current DAS policy for trips after May, well into June as you can apply for DAS (under the current system) up until May 19, and that can be good for 30 days. That would put it not too much longer after media previews and any other previews.

I saw somewhere (I believe X) that the queue had been rerouted with a new staircase and the Lighning Lane/Standby merge happens much sooner. I’m sure Disney will want to test this with guest traffic.

If there isn’t an official AP/D23/DVC/Club 33 preview I bet it will have early operation with limited hours like Tron before it officially opened.

ETA link with images of the stairs and Lightning Lane merge: https://blogmickey.com/2024/04/tian...-old-timey-radio-speakers-installed-and-more/

Last edited:
Well, Tiana’s will be open by Aug 9 to the public for MNSSHP so I guess we at least know it won’t be in previews then

JK y’all! Disney IT at work again, it’s disappeared from the list on the app 😒

Last edited:
I think they will do CM previews, and maybe others, though time is getting tight for people to make plans.

Disney actually removed it from the list so no clue now
I imagine it was a mistake to add it in the first place since it gives away opening timeline and they haven’t even announced any of that yet. They’ll probably re-add it once the opening is officially announced. It’s unlikely they’d have a media event in early June but wait to open it to the public until months later. Here’s to hoping there’s an announcement during tomorrow’s earnings call!

I imagine it was a mistake to add it in the first place since it gives away opening timeline and they haven’t even announced any of that yet. They’ll probably re-add it once the opening is officially announced. It’s unlikely they’d have a media event in early June but wait to open it to the public until months later. Here’s to hoping there’s an announcement during tomorrow’s earnings call!

Curious though. Is there any actual proof of a media event besides the rumor I have been reading on message boards? Wouldn't we assume the people invited aren't allowed to tell anyone the dates

Curious though. Is there any actual proof of a media event besides the rumor I have been reading on message boards? Wouldn't we assume the people invited aren't allowed to tell anyone the dates
I would have thought the same but plenty of people have been talking about it and Tom from WDWNT said in a recent video that they’re invited for the media event in mid-June for TBA. He's recently been put back on their media list so I imagine his information is correct 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking as well. However it’s out there now 🤣

Nah. Dates have been confirmed by a few different corners of the Disney internet, Disney media invitees aren’t exactly a quiet bunch.

It’s like CM previews. No one but CMs are supposed to know- but everyone will know within an hour of their release 😆

Well.. Earnings call passed with nothing said. Go figure

They keep trying to make American Idol happen and I wish they would stop. The rock n roll hall of fame inductees and now this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter