Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

I'm sorry but it is not clear...the wording makes it sound like you still need a park reservation to enter the 1:00 VQ but my ? is Can you enter the 1:00 VQ preview and not have to go to the other park? Like if you get the 1:00 VQ can you then cancel your reservation at say HS and head to MK after 2:00PM ?
You do need A park reservation
Just not a MK park reservation
You have to use the park reservation you made prior to 1

You do need A park reservation
Just not a MK park reservation
You have to use the park reservation you made prior to 1
No you do not have to use the park reservation prior to 1. If your reservation is for another park you do need to enter that park before entering MK unless you enter after 2pm on select dates.

From Disney

There will be 2 opportunities to join each day of previews.
  • The 7:00 a.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park for that day.
  • The 1:00 p.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any theme park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18, or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom without a reservation after 2:00 p.m.
  • Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue.

No you do not have to use the park reservation prior to 1. If your reservation is for another park you do need to enter that park before entering MK unless you enter after 2pm on select dates.

From Disney

• The 7:00 a.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park for that day.
  • The 1:00 p.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any theme park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18, or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom without a reservation after 2:00 p.m.
  • Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue.
Right that is just to request the VQ. If you get it, do you have to enter the first park you had reservations for or could you cancel them and just head to MK after 2:00 (as long as it not Sat or Sun)?

From Disney

Oh, on those days only. Normally you do.

just made park reservations after waiting 32 minutes in queue. made for Epcot on the 13th and 14th, which honestly I'm ok with so now I can hopefully do Guardians as well as trying at 1 for Tiana. Fingers crossed!

From Disney

But that's what is confusing. One line says that Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting MK, and the next line is Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when the request (my guess that is for the 7am queue?)

also, the amount of money I spend on the annual pass.... is this stress worth it? :rotfl:

Right that is just to request the VQ. If you get it, do you have to enter the first park you had reservations for or could you cancel them and just head to MK after 2:00 (as long as it not Sat or Sun)?
It does say right there on that page that you CAN enter after 2:00 so you answered your own question
Big point is it's only on those specific dates. Not any other dates

just made park reservations after waiting 32 minutes in queue. made for Epcot on the 13th and 14th, which honestly I'm ok with so now I can hopefully do Guardians as well as trying at 1 for Tiana. Fingers crossed!

But that's what is confusing. One line says that Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting MK, and the next line is Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when the request (my guess that is for the 7am queue?)
Both are true
It's 2 different things
You don't have to have entered the reserved park to MAKE the VQ (for the 1PM) You have to have a MK VQ to make one at 7AM so that's rather moot
You do have to have entered the reserved park to USE the VQ *unless it's after 2

Both are true
It's 2 different things
You don't have to have entered the reserved park to MAKE the VQ
You do have to have entered the reserved park to USE the VQ *unless it's after 2
Disney should have had you write it up. Fewer words and it actually makes sense!

Still another 34 minute wait. Hope to get into Epcot on the 13th so I can 7am VQ GOTG, hit a few other rides up front & then head over to MK for the 1pm VQ & a dole whip float.

Wait...29 minutes still & now the screen has added a note:

Message last updated: 12:18 PM ET​

Magic Kingdom theme park reservations are currently booked out for Annual Passholders on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure Annual Passholder preview dates. Please be advised that the attraction will open for all Guests on June 28, 2024.

We thank you for your excitement to experience our newest attraction.
I saw that, too. But I stayed in the queue anyway, and when I finally got through around 1PM, I was able to reserve Magic Kingdom on June 15h. I almost feel like there must be some mistake, but I've rechecked it several times and it appears to be real.

Question: so how do I join the virtual queue at 7AM? Just open up the app at 6:58AM on the 15th, from my home, and join?

I saw that, too. But I stayed in the queue anyway, and when I finally got through around 1PM, I was able to reserve Magic Kingdom on June 15h. I almost feel like there must be some mistake, but I've rechecked it several times and it appears to be real.

Question: so how do I join the virtual queue at 7AM? Just open up the app at 6:58AM on the 15th, from my home, and join?
You've not used any VQ yet? I suggest using one of them tomorrow to check it out. It's not hard but there are steps

15th is not an AP preview day.

I didn't think the preview was on the 15th?

15th is not an AP preview day.
Not according to DFB:
Disney also announced that Annual Passholder previews for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will be taking place on June 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 20! But, things were set up a bit differently than what we’ve seen with AP previews in the past.

Could you get Guardians at 7am with an Epcot reservation and try at 1pm for Tiana?
Yes you can….

Am I correct in saying if an AP holder does not have a reservation on a preview day they cannot try for the virtual queue for Tiana's? I know we can enter the park (not Sat or Sun at MK) after 2:00PM but still cannot try for 1:00 VQ without a park reservation at any park ?
If you have a reservation for studios, Epcot, or DAK and have physically tapped in before 1pm you can try for the 1pm drop…. I know with daily operations you need to have physically hopped to MK/Epcot from your first park to get the 1pm tron/GoTG but fine print seems like you could still try for Tiana preview from park A

You can enter MK after 2pm with no reservation to any park any preview day but the 16th and gamble the VQ hasn’t closed

They are wrong. Disney announced June 13,14,16,17,18,20 for APs.

DVC is June 12,19.

D23 event is June 22.
Wow, I wonder how many people lost their opportunity to reserve a spot because they relied on Disney Food Blog's information? I guess I'll have to explain this to my family, now...

Yes you can….

If you have a reservation for studios, Epcot, or DAK and have physically tapped in before 1pm you can try for the 1pm drop…. I know with daily operations you need to have physically hopped to MK/Epcot from your first park to get the 1pm tron/GoTG but fine print seems like you could still try for Tiana preview from park A

You can enter MK after 2pm with no reservation to any park any preview day but the 16th and gamble the VQ hasn’t closed
They’ve changed it. You do not have to have entered to join the VQ. See last bolded point

From Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter