Tiana’s Bayou AP Preview?

Park Reservations & Virtual Queue Required
A virtual queue will be in place for Annual Passholder previews of Tiana's Bayou Adventure. Here’s how it works!
  • First, make a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park on a preview date to have the opportunity to join the 7:00 AM virtual queue for that day. Or, you can make a park reservation to any theme park on a preview date to have the opportunity to join the 1:00 PM virtual queue.
  • On the date of your reservation, request to join the virtual queue by using the My Disney Experience app. There will be 2 opportunities to join each day of previews.
    • The 7:00 AM virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park for that day.
    • The 1:00 PM virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any theme park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18 or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom park without a reservation after 2:00 PM.
    • Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue.
No - but a reservation at another park is, and you have to tap in, and you can't just come in after 2:00 on the 16th. Stupid AP rules.
The answer is none then. No reservation for MK needed for the 1pm drop. You can request that all the days

I didn’t understand the answer i quoted since no MK reservation is needed for 1 drop

And you don’t have to tap in to MAKE the VQ

The answer is none then. No reservation for MK needed for the 1pm drop. You can request that all the days

I didn’t understand the answer i quoted since no MK reservation is needed for 1 drop

You have to tap in at another park before you can enter MK on Sunday the 16th. You can enter MK without tapping in after 2:00 on the other AP preview days. You don't have to physically be in the park to get a VQ, which is a change over the other VQ's. So, no, you don't need an MK reservation. Sorry if I said incorrectly.

but you have to have a park reservation for another park to try for the 1:00 VQ. You can't try for the 1:00 without a park reservation.

but you have to have a park reservation for another park to try for the 1:00 VQ. You can't try for the 1:00 without a park reservation.
Again, unrelated to what I was originally quoting my question on. See this question below.
It was confusing me because as far as I know, none of the AP preview days require a MK reservation for the 1PM drop. Yes, you have to have A park reservation somewhere but that wasn’t what this post stated. Hence, my question for clarification on what it meant. So you can try for the 1 PM VQ on ALL days. That was my only point to clear up

or you could just try for the 1:00 Vq's on any of the AP preview days that don't require a MK reservation.

You have to tap in at another park before you can enter MK on Sunday the 16th. You can enter MK without tapping in after 2:00 on the other AP preview days. You don't have to physically be in the park to get a VQ, which is a change over the other VQ's. So, no, you don't need an MK reservation. Sorry if I said incorrectly.
That does bring up a fairly good point.
On the other dates you could enter MK after 2 without going to your reserved park. Since you aren’t trying for a VQ until 1 the odds are extremely good that your spot will not be called until after 2:00.

To me, it seems just easier to go on and tap in wherever you make your reservation and get that out of the way but if you can’t, it will likely be ok.

The question I’m dying to get an answer on, and no one here can likely answer this until they start the first rides and see what they do, will this VQ be like GotG or Tron? Hold to the 1 hour slot or not? That’s huge to me.

I'm stunned at how much folks are excited about this. The ride is the same. It will have different characters. I want to ride it for sure when I get to Magic Kingdom. I loved Splash and I'm sure I will love this but this is not a new ride. To me, it would be the exact same thing if they turned Tower of Terror into Guardians or something like that. It's the same ride.

I'm stunned at how much folks are excited about this. The ride is the same. It will have different characters. I want to ride it for sure when I get to Magic Kingdom. I loved Splash and I'm sure I will love this but this is not a new ride. To me, it would be the exact same thing if they turned Tower of Terror into Guardians or something like that. It's the same ride.
I guess the new theme can change the experience way more than you realize. Using your example, having ridden tower after it became guardians it was nothing at all like the old ride. The new overlay made it seem 100% different. To us 200% better ride experience. Which made it something we never miss vs a ride we skipped often. I would not be surprised to find the same here.

Plus Splash was very popular and has been missed. Folks are excited for it to return even without the new experience

Last night we made park reservations for each park from the 16th to the 19th, then modified to a second MK day after the announcement (and after seeing Stitch several times. We also made resort reservations with AP discount. My question is, on our MK days can we try for both TBA and Tron at 7 (one trying for each for 2 people) or should we just wait for the 1 pm TBA?

Last edited:
Last night we made park reservations for each park from the 16th to the 19th, then modified to a second MK day after the announcement (and after seeing Stitch several times. We also made resort reservations with AP discount which appear to be gone. My question is, on our MK days can we try for both TBA and Tron at 7 (one trying for each for 2 people) or should we just wait for the 1 pm TBA?
Form the AP holder email about the preview says:

Planning on visiting TRON Lightcycle / Run Presented by Enterprise® or Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind? Not to worry, you can hold a virtual queue for one of those attractions and for Tiana's Bayou Adventure Passholder preview at the same time, when available. This special perk is only offered during Passholder previews.

I'm stunned at how much folks are excited about this. The ride is the same. It will have different characters. I want to ride it for sure when I get to Magic Kingdom. I loved Splash and I'm sure I will love this but this is not a new ride...
It's finally embracing an IP we actually understand and have Disney-emotional attachments to, so the ride should be much more encompassing.

This will also be the first US ride to feature the next-gen animatronics so there is also a lot of excitement about seeing those.

Last edited:
Question, I missed out on the getting the MK reservation for the 16th this morning by about an hour. I have a current, active AP, but also have a comp ticket, if I make the reservation with the comp ticket, could I still try for the 7am VQ since my account also has a AP on it? Thoughts?

Question, I missed out on the getting the MK reservation for the 16th this morning by about an hour. I have a current, active AP, but also have a comp ticket, if I make the reservation with the comp ticket, could I still try for the 7am VQ since my account also has a AP on it? Thoughts?
It won't work - need to have the reservation with your AP entitlements.

I'm not.

The track, flume whatever the ride mechanism is for this ride is not even important, it is the story, the sets, the music AND the animatronics. Not a fan of wet/boat rides and usually avoided SM but I'm excited and will ride often.

Few Princesses have rides so this is a huge addition to Magic Kingdom. Most new rides at US Disney Parks focus has been screen based and to have this many animatronics that by preview videos are incredible is exciting. Rise has a couple, most are broken quite often, Frozen has some but those faces .... awful. SDMT has cute ones but ten years old.

PS If our ToT (which I love the story) went Guardians, I'd be on that often as well as I've heard it's awesome.

Me too, I’d prefer the old way with a guaranteed reservation. Debating whether it’s worth a day trip to try or just wait for September when I’m going anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️
Nice for the local passholders I guess, not so great for the out of state passholders. I was willing to do a quick trip for a reserved Tron preview time and would have done the same for the Tiana preview. But for chance to compete for virtual queue slot? Nah.

Nice for the local passholders I guess, not so great for the out of state passholders. I was willing to do a quick trip for a reserved Tron preview time and would have done the same for the Tiana preview. But for chance to compete for virtual queue slot? Nah.
I think that was one of the goals doing it this way - besides it being very simple to implement with a VQ system with virtually no planning, excess CMs etc.

They’ve changed it. You do not have to have entered to join the VQ. See last bolded point

From Disney

There will be 2 opportunities to join each day of previews.
  • The 7:00 a.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park for that day.
  • The 1:00 p.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any theme park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18, or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom without a reservation after 2:00 p.m.
  • Passholders do not need to have entered a theme park when they request to join the virtual queue.
Yes like I said for Tiana preview you don’t have to be tapped into magic at 1pm just tapped into your park A where as unless it changed for tron and GoTG you need to be tapped into the park for 1pm
I tried googling, but wasn't able to find the original source.
I first saw dates on the official passholder Instagram
This is confusing...do you actually need a park reservation still or no to any park for the 1:00 VQ? The two points contradict themselves.
For 1pm you need a reservation to any park and have tapped in… you don’t have to of made the hop from the other three
Are there any AP Preview Days that require a MK reservation for the 1PM spot?
1pm you can be reserved at any of the four parks 7am you have to be booked for magic

Yes like I said for Tiana preview you don’t have to be tapped into magic at 1pm just tapped into your park A where as unless it changed for tron and GoTG you need to be tapped into the park for 1pm
No to item bolded.
Read the last point in what you quoted, highlighted below in red

From Disney

There will be 2 opportunities to join each day of previews.
  • The 7:00 a.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to Magic Kingdom park for that day.
  • The 1:00 p.m. virtual queue will be available to Passholders with a park reservation to any theme park for that day. As a reminder, Passholders must enter the theme park where they have a reservation prior to visiting Magic Kingdom park. Or, on June 13, 14, 17, 18, or 20, they can enter Magic Kingdom without a reservation after 2:00 p.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter