Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opens June 28, 2024!! Will be VQ

scrappinginontario

Tiana's Bayou Adventure Opens Summer 2024!

Opening date for WDW has been updated to 'Summer 2024' (formerly Fall 2024) for WDW! (Still remains as Fall 2024 for DL).

UPDATE: Opening Jun 28, 2024

Everything to Know Before You Drop Into Tiana’s Bayou Adventure at Disney World

Let the good times roll, Tiana has sent the invites out for her big Mardi Gras celebration! While the princess and her fun-loving friend Louis are finishing up details on the party down in the bayou, you are probably wondering what to wear, what to bring, and how you should prepare for an exhilarating musical adventure that crescendos with a 50-foot drop right before the grandest celebration this side of the Mississippi.

Well, don’t fret because I’ve got a few helpful things you need to know before riding Tiana’s Bayou Adventure when the attraction opens on June 28.

Tips on How to Ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

1. Drop on in-to virtual queue…​

When Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opens on June 28, it will use a virtual queue. Guests can request to join the virtual queue via the My Disney Experience app at one of two times: 7 a.m. or 1 p.m. While a standby queue will not be available during the attraction’s initial opening days, we expect to open a standby queue soon after the attraction’s opening.

Visit disneyworld.com/virtualqueue for more details about how virtual queues at Disney World work and what you need to know before visiting Magic Kingdom.

2. … or use Disney Genie+ service.​

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure will also be included as a Lightning Lane entrance in Disney Genie+ service*. Purchasing this service on the My Disney Experience app helps you get to some of your favorite attractions faster through Lightning Lane entrances and includes digital downloads of select Disney PhotoPass attraction photos taken in the park on the day of your purchase at no additional charge. Guests may check the app on the day of their visit for pricing and availability.

Visit disneyworld.com/lightninglane for more details.

3. Smile for the camera!​

No party is complete without pictures. As you make your way through the bayou to get to Tiana’s party, Disney PhotoPass Service will serve up a special photo when you’re almost there.

Disney PhotoPass for Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Want to download this attraction photo and your other magical moments? Try Memory Maker – with this all-inclusive photo package, you can download all of your Disney PhotoPass photos taken during your vacation.

Learn more about the other photos Disney PhotoPass Service captures of you at 175+ locations at disneyworld.com/memorymaker.**

4. Be prepared to get wet!​

At some point when you drop on in to Tiana’s party, there’s a strong chance riders may get wet. While most guests will appreciate the refreshing cool down, others may want to bring their rain gear.

Didn’t bring any? No worries. There are plenty of places to find ponchos in Magic Kingdom.

Celebrate Tiana’s Bayou Adventure opening across Magic Kingdom

5. Shop new attraction merchandise​

After riding the new attraction, we can bet you’ll want to take a piece of the bayou home with you.

Starting June 28, you can find the collections for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure and “The Princess and the Frog”-inspired merchandise at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom. And, shortly after the attraction debuts, the merchandise will hop over to Critter Co-Op in Frontierland.

Additional details about the various merchandise collections will be shared on the Disney Parks Blog soon.

Tiana's Famous Beignets at Magic Kingdom

6. Try some of Tiana’s Famous Beignets!​

A trip to the bayou is never complete without some good eats and sweet treats. Among the food and beverage offerings we look forward to sharing soon will be Tiana’s Famous Beignets, of course.

Beginning opening day, Golden Oak Outpost and The Friar’s Nook will be serving up these light, sweet and fluffy beignets drizzled with honey and powdered sugar. These will be available for a limited time only so let the good times roll. Check back to Disney Parks Blog and @DisneyEats for all the delicious details celebrating Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

7. Hungry for more about Tiana’s Bayou Adventure?​

If you’re craving more details about the fun attraction, visit the Everything Tiana page on the Disney Parks Blog:

*Attractions with Lightning Lane entrances that are Disney Genie+ are limited in availability, subject to change or closure, may vary by date, are not guaranteed and may not be available at all on the date of visit or at the time you make a selection.

**Disney PhotoPass Service and Memory Maker are subject to the applicable terms and policies. Includes photos taken during the applicable Memory Maker Window as defined in such terms (generally, photos taken (i) within one day for Memory Maker One Day or (ii) within 30 days from the date of first activation for standard Memory Maker). If Memory Maker is purchased at the advance purchase price, any photos taken within 3 days of the date Memory Maker is purchased are not included and must be purchased separately. A MagicBand, or an eligible mobile device with Bluetooth technology enabled for the My Disney Experience app, is required to receive certain attraction photos and other digital content. Online registration required. Disney PhotoPass Photos in your account will expire pursuant to the expiration policy. Downloads are restricted to personal use only. Not responsible for missing, lost or damaged photos. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. Valid theme park admission and park reservations are required for certain photo locations.

Last edited:
I am SO excited about this! We're planning a late September trip, and I was hearing all sorts of reporting about them being ahead of schedule, so I had my fingers crossed it would be done before our trip! It looks like it's going to be beautiful. 💕

So the good news is that it's opening early. The bad news is when we see what inferior replacement they foisted on us :(

Maybe we'll finally make that bucket list trip to Tokyo Disney, to experience the real Splash Mountain again.

Last edited:
I just saw a video on social media of WDW testing the log vehicle. Obviously, Br'er Rabbit is missing from the front of the log vehicle, but the log looks remarkably similar or the same as before.

That should be of great help getting the attraction open sooner rather than later because if the ride system and ride vehicle doesn't change logical dictates there shouldn't be a need for extensive testing.

The exteriors look very nice from what we saw. I wish they would build a small terrace restaurant so we can watch people going down the waterfall :D. Looking forward to the opening.
I love that idea! The exterior with all the flowers and the glass globes looks beautiful! I'd love to be able to sit at a little restaurant watching people come down the waterfall!

I just saw a video on social media of WDW testing the log vehicle. Obviously, Br'er Rabbit is missing from the front of the log vehicle, but the log looks remarkably similar or the same as before.

That should be of great help getting the attraction open sooner rather than later because if the ride system and ride vehicle doesn't change logical dictates there shouldn't be a need for extensive testing.
The video is in this article:

https://blogmickey.com/2024/02/ride-testing-begins-for-tianas-bayou-adventure-at-magic-kingdom/

The exteriors look very nice from what we saw. I wish they would build a small terrace restaurant so we can watch people going down the waterfall :D. Looking forward to the opening.
LOL, that might not be such a great idea, if they rev up the water cannons like they used to do for Splash in hot weather. Sometimes we had to time our walk across the bridge to BTMRR to avoid getting drenched!

Hoping it does open in the summer, so that the bugs are worked out by the time we arrive in the fall. Glad to see the change.

I added a couple of days at Disney to my late Sept Universal trip, going to do one Epcot F&W day and one MNSSHP, hope to ride it during that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter