Ticket Help Please

rkandmjsmommy

<font color=blue>2006: A year for letters....<br><
Hi everyone
I hope someone can help me

We bought a 10 day non expiring hopper in August and used 5 days, we are going back in January, here are my questions:

Can we upgrade to Annual Passes and use the DVC discount?

How much would we have to pay to upgrade, ballpark figure?

thanks

You cannot "upgrade". In Disney speak, "upgrade" means you would get full credit for the price you orginally paid for the ticket. I mention it only because if you ask to "upgrade", some CMs will just say no. Any upgrades must be done with 14 days of the first use of the original ticket.

However, you can get a "dollar credit" for the remaining value of your ticket. You may apply the credit towards the purchase of an annual pass, and assuming you are a DVC member and have the proper identicification, you can pay the DVC discounted price for the AP.

You will receive a credit of approximately 1/2 the price you paid for the 10 day MYW ticket (5 unused days / 10 total days on the original ticket).

Read more about Upgrades/ Dollar Credits:

Upgrading WDW TIckets

Best wishes -

Thanks for your reply, here is another question, for a dollar credit it says ther is not time limit, here is my dilemma. We first used our MYW back in Aug, does that mean once we get AP by applying the dollar credit our AP will expire in Aug or since we are getting the AP in Jan it will expire next January?????

Also if we can get an AP I would like to get a DDE, if I cant get my AP until I get to Disney in january how can I order my DDE?

Thanks for any info

rkandmjsmommy said:
Thanks for your reply, here is another question, for a dollar credit it says ther is not time limit, here is my dilemma. We first used our MYW back in Aug, does that mean once we get AP by applying the dollar credit our AP will expire in Aug or since we are getting the AP in Jan it will expire next January?????
No. Your year of admission will start the day you buy the AP (turn in your MYW ticket for credit). Check the back of your pass before you leave Guest Services to be sure it expires one year from the date you complete the transaction. (The back-dating only applies to those who are doing a true upgrade - i.e., within 14 days of the first use of the MYW ticket).

rkandmjsmommy said:
Also if we can get an AP I would like to get a DDE, if I cant get my AP until I get to Disney in january how can I order my DDE?

Thanks for any info
After you get your AP, you can call the Disney Dining Experience from any phone. They are only open M - F, so if you get your AP on the weekend, you'll have to wait until Monday to call. The DDE CM will arrange for a temporary card to be sent to the Guest Relations booth at the main entrance of EPCOT. You can pick it up there and use the temp during your trip.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter