Ticket Question / Mobile Magic Frustration

PolyPal

Mouseketeer
It has been a while since we’ve been to WDW. I now have tickets for my family of 4 on the My Disney experience app.

To enter the park, do I scan each ticket on my phone? I ride using the “Mobile Magic“ but could only add myself and not the other 3 members of my family. I think that is because they may have downloaded the My disney experience“ to their own phones. Can they delete their own accounts so that I can use Magic Mobile for all 4 of us?

If they each have their own MDE account, I believe you are correct that they need to download their own Magic Mobile ticket. Any chance the others have an old MagicBand they can use? It will still work for "tap" features such as entering the park or a ride queue or purchases. Another option is to request a hard-plastic ticket at the gate. In all honesty, it's annoying when 1 person has to swipe through multiple tickets so it's best if each uses their own ticket media (phone, MB or ticket).

Magicmobile there's isn't a QR code to scan instead it's an NFC Bluetooth you use to get in the parks it works better with apple wallet it also works with Google wallet but sometimes it might not work if you got a Magicband you could use that if not then you'll need to get a card.

To get a card these are the things you need to bring to the will call or ticket center at Disney Springs are

1. Your ticket confirmation email.
2. The original credit card, PayPal transaction receipt, Disney Gift Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card used to purchase the tickets.
3. A valid government-issued photo ID.

When collecting Disney physical tickets at will call or ticket center at Disney Springs remember that photocopy of passports won't be accepted it has to be the original ID.
If you already paid for tickets and your card is replaced or lost bring a bank statement with you showing the purchase of the tickets
If you used a numberless card to purchase the tickets and all your information is on the app at the will call or ticket center at Disney Springs on your bank app click on activity and find your park ticket purchases with card ending and that should work hopefully.

Magicmobile there's isn't a QR code to scan instead it's an NFC Bluetooth you use to get in the parks it works better with apple wallet it also works with Google wallet but sometimes it might not work if you got a Magicband you could use that if not then you'll need to get a card.

To get a card these are the things you need to bring to the will call or ticket center at Disney Springs are

1. Your ticket confirmation email.
2. The original credit card, PayPal transaction receipt, Disney Gift Card or Disney Rewards Redemption Card used to purchase the tickets.
3. A valid government-issued photo ID.

When collecting Disney physical tickets at will call or ticket center at Disney Springs remember that photocopy of passports won't be accepted it has to be the original ID.
If you already paid for tickets and your card is replaced or lost bring a bank statement with you showing the purchase of the tickets
If you used a numberless card to purchase the tickets and all your information is on the app at the will call or ticket center at Disney Springs on your bank app click on activity and find your park ticket purchases with card ending and that should work hopefully.
Why would they need all that? Csan’t I just show them the barcoded tickets in their awful app? (MyDisney experience)

Why would they need all that? Csan’t I just show them the barcoded tickets in their awful app? (MyDisney experience)
You can show the barcode in your my Disney Experience App at the will call or ticket center at Disney Springs but I'm not sure at the tapstiles if they have spare physical cards. The barcodes in my Disney Experience App doesn't get you into the parks those barcodes just tell cast members information about the ticket.
On my Disney Experience App click on the menu button and click magicmobile select your design and save it on Google/apple wallet when you get to the tapstile you'll need to hold your phone up make sure Bluetooth and NFC is on and it will send your ticket through.
Now the answer for the other question is that why do you need ID you don't need ID to get into the parks but what happens if you having issues with magicmobile you'll need to visit will call to get a card and they'll ask for ID and proof of payment to verify it's you before they issue you the card for the parks.

WDW had been issuing hard plastic tickets at the tapstiles. Maybe that has changed. Not every CM can do it but they'll call one over with an iPad who is able to issue the ticket. Maybe it depends on staffing and/or crowds that they might send folks to a ticket window or Guest Relations. If possible, I'd try to get the ticket before entering a park but if that isn't possible I'd try at the tapstiles. Just know that you are likely to hold up a long line of folks especially if going at park opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter