Sadly, I would not attempt to call WDW about anything.

You will likely get an answer.
Whether that answer is correct or not is fully a toss-up.
(I can tell you that tickets not purchased directly from Disney
cannot be upgraded except in-person after arrival.)

I am not a fan of buying "proprietary" tickets.
They can prove to be, at the least, "inflexible" in some cases.

On my MDE it states the tickets are 8 day Myers base with 1 water park fun and more...
I meant magic your way.

This is not a ticket that the public can buy from Disney.
It is a special promotional ticket that is offered to/used by Travel Agencies.

It might be able to be upgraded.
It might not.
And, without the knowledge of what an oddball ticket like this is actually "worth at the WDW gate,"
we don't know how much an upgrade should cost, even if one is allowed.
So, once you get to a ticket booth or Guest Relations, if the CM does not offer to upgrade it,
we don't know if the CM is correct or not.
Also, if the CM does allow for an upgrade, we don't know if the price quoted is
correct or not.

These things matter, as there are myriad times when a given ticket CM has made
upgrade errors and the guest is the one who can suffer.

I just don't know how to respond when the situation is an "unknown."

can a family friend meets us at disneygate to purchase resident rate tickets? Do they have to come into he park with us? how many tickets can they purchase? We have 4 adults going for 3 days.

can a family friend meets us at disneygate to purchase resident rate tickets? Do they have to come into he park with us? how many tickets can they purchase? We have 4 adults going for 3 days.

Proof of Florida residency must be shown for each adult activating a Florida Resident ticket.

I thought a florida resident could buy for friends visiting?

As far as I know there is nothing like this. Here is the information from the Disney website regarding Florida Resident tickets.

Florida Resident Disney Select Tickets

Save 30% on 4 fun-filled days at the theme parks with a 4-Day Disney Select Ticket! Available only to Florida Residents, this specially priced ticket gives you access to one theme park per day for up to 4 days.

Only have 3 days to play? Consider the 3-Day Disney Select Ticket, which offers access to one theme park per day for up to 3 days.

Florida Resident Disney Select Tickets can be used on nonconsecutive days, so you can come for a weekend… or spread out the fun! Plus, Florida Resident Disney Select tickets can be upgraded to an annual pass by visiting any Walt Disney World theme park ticket window.

Important Information
Tickets and options are nontransferable, are only valid during regularly scheduled operating hours and exclude activities/events priced separately. One theme park per day. Tickets expire 6 months after first use, with the first use on or before December 31, 2018. Savings based on the non-discounted price for the 4-Day Magic Your Way theme park ticket. Proof of Florida Residency is required.

There is a special where Annual Passholders can purchase a 1-day ticket for their friends for $79 plus tax but this is only for 1 day and I think the idea is that the AP holder joins their friends in the park.

1. & 3. Whatever you can afford to do.
2. Yes.
4. If that's what you want to do.
5. You never know.
6. We're discussing tickets.

I'm going to buy the passes. Can you tell me what I should do with the tickets that are linked already? Just leave them there?

I'm going to buy the passes. Can you tell me what I should do with the tickets that are linked already? Just leave them there?

If the tickets that you are saving have never been used, then create a "fake name" in your MDE account and transfer those ticket
over to that fake guest.
In the future when you do want to use those tickets, transfer them back to your real name(s.)

If the tickets that you are saving have never been used, then create a "fake name" in your MDE account and transfer those ticket
over to that fake guest.
In the future when you do want to use those tickets, transfer them back to your real name(s.)

Thanks ever so much, Robo!

Is there any difference in what value you get from your tickets towards upgrading if you upgrade them before first use vs after you've used them to enter a park?

Editing to add: If you have a pre Feb 2017 ticket and want to upgrade to an AP - if I enter the parks once on my ticket then go to upgrade, I would still only get the Pre Feb 2017 ticket value correct? Entering the parks once, doesnt mean my ticket value will be bridged to the current face value of a 7 day PH, correct?

Last edited:
1. Is there any difference in what value you get from your tickets towards upgrading if you upgrade them before first use vs after you've used them to enter a park?
2. If you have a pre Feb 2017 ticket and want to upgrade to an AP - if I enter the parks once on my ticket then go to upgrade, I would still only get the Pre Feb 2017 ticket value correct? Entering the parks once, doesnt mean my ticket value will be bridged to the current face value of a 7 day PH, correct?

1. Nope.
2. Won't change anything.

The numbers printed on the ticket tell the CM where you bought the ticket.
They can also glean from those numbers when the ticket was purchased (at least approximately.)

Unless these are very old tickets, I don't understand their questions to you.

I'd try again.
This time, starting with a phone call to WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
Thank you

I bought Platinum APs for me and my daughter and we used them Jul '16, Dec '16, and Jun '17. Great value!

We have a Dec '17 trip booked and plan to return in Jun '17. In Dec we have our first split-stay packages booked:
POP with 2-day non-hoppers (no dining)
CSR with 6-day hoppers (dining)

I checked AllEars website and it looks like the cost including tax for the 2- and 6-day passes are:
2-day non-hoppers = $211.94 x 2 = $423.88; 6-day hoppers = $495.23 x 2 = $990.46 for a grand total of $1414.34.

The price with tax for the Platinum Pass is $829.64 x 2 = $1659.28.

If my math is correct, I should definitely upgrade to the Platinum APs.

My questions:
1: Is my math correct?
2: Should I do this over the phone before our trip? If so, who do I call?
3: If I do it on property, where? (Guest Services on Main Street was a disaster the first time I bought APs)
4: Does it matter when I do the upgrade?

Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter