The Disney site is listing the only delivery method as "will call." Does this mean I am purchasing an AP voucher and not an active AP? My trip is 5 months away, and I only want the voucher at this point for reservations, FP, etc.

The Disney site is listing the only delivery method as "will call." Does this mean I am purchasing an AP voucher and not an active AP? My trip is 5 months away, and I only want the voucher at this point for reservations, FP, etc.

Nobody can order an active AP.
All APs must be activated in-person with the guest showing a legal photo ID.

Only AP certificates ("vouchers") can be ordered.

Your AP will not be active until you arrive at WDW, but you will still be able to use it to reserve FPs when the time comes. It is also not needed to reserve rooms with AP discounts nor ADRs.

Got it. And my AP. I was going to go ahead and get my bf discount tickets (not sure if I can name a site). Do 3rd party tickets have an expiration date?

If I want to link them now, will I have to assign them a date in MDE? Or will they be floating tickets like my AP?

Wondering for FP purposes and trip date flexibility.

Got it. And my AP. I was going to go ahead and get my bf discount tickets (not sure if I can name a site).
1. Do 3rd party tickets have an expiration date?

2. If I want to link them now, will I have to assign them a date in MDE?
3. Or will they be floating tickets like my AP?

Wondering for FP purposes and trip date flexibility.
1. Current tickets expire Dec. 31, 2918.
2. No.
3. They remain fresh and ready to use.
You can make FP+ reservations by having tickets in your MDE account.

2. No.

901 years! Yay! They basically never expire (Yes, I'm joking!)

Honest question: I looked at My MDE, and they say the tickets actually expire 1/14/2019. Is that so anyone who uses a ticket in 2018 can get the full two weeks?

If I decided to use that ticket starting, say 1/7/2019, I'd get only a week before it expires, right?

2. No.

So if we're not going until March but it's linked in MDE, I could book FP for earlier? In case we changed and went on a quick trip on my AP discount earlier.

I had previously had a package booked and it wouldn't let me look at FP since we weren't in the 60 day window. When you connect it to the person in MDE, is it also connected to your reservation? So you can't look at FP until the 60 day window?

I'm belaboring the point, I apologize.

So if we're not going until March but it's linked in MDE, I could book FP for earlier? In case we changed and went on a quick trip on my AP discount earlier.

I had previously had a package booked and it wouldn't let me look at FP since we weren't in the 60 day window. When you connect it to the person in MDE, is it also connected to your reservation? So you can't look at FP until the 60 day window?

I'm belaboring the point, I apologize.
If you buy/order stand-alone tickets, you will be able to immediately see FP availability for the next 30 days...
turning to 60 days when you are 60 days from a WDW resort reservation date.
Stand-alone tickets do not "connect" to any particular resort reservation.

On an upcoming trip, we will be checking in 2-4 days prior to our free dining package, and will pick up our package tickets early, as well as need to pick up a discounted TA ticket for one member of our party at will call.

1. Can both of those easily be done at a water park ticket window?

2. How much time would you allow for the transactions?

Thank you!

On an upcoming trip, we will be checking in 2-4 days prior to our free dining package, and will pick up our package tickets early, as well as need to pick up a discounted TA ticket for one member of our party at will call.

1. Can both of those easily be done at a water park ticket window?

2. How much time would you allow for the transactions?

Thank you!
1. Yes.
2. 15 min., give or take.

Hi! I am a Florida resident and an AP. I am bringing my niece and 2 of her friends to WDW for Spring Break 2018 (week before Easter!). The girls will be 16/17 and I'd like to purchase the FL 4-day ticket for them however, they live in AL. By purchasing on-line and having them under my MDE account and with my room reservation, would they be required to show residency proof? i'm just curious how this is policed since we actually don't have to go by front desk to check-in, etc with MB's.
thank you!
Mel

Hi! I am a Florida resident and an AP. I am bringing my niece and 2 of her friends to WDW for Spring Break 2018 (week before Easter!). The girls will be 16/17 and I'd like to purchase the FL 4-day ticket for them however, they live in AL. By purchasing on-line and having them under my MDE account and with my room reservation, would they be required to show residency proof? i'm just curious how this is policed since we actually don't have to go by front desk to check-in, etc with MB's.
thank you!
Mel
Guests 18 yrs and older must show ID at the first park gate where the Ticket is used.

<Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question that has already been answered, but I didn't see anything specific in the FAQs or through a key word search of this thread.>

I'm looking to purchase 7-day park hoppers for our March 2018 trip. The current best price from an authorized dealer seems to be from Get Away Now. They ask for an arrival date, and Disney Tourist Blog says you cannot pick up your tix until after your arrival date.

-Does this mean I won't get an e-ticket code to enter into MDX until after that date?
-Will this mess with my ability to book FP+ at -60 days?
-What is best practice when buying tix from an authorized dealer who asks for a redemption/arrival date?

I just don't want to buy tix then find out I lose the ability to pre-link them to MDX and book FP+ at -60 days.

Thanks for indulging what may be an obvious/newbie question!

<Sorry if I'm asking an obvious question that has already been answered, but I didn't see anything specific in the FAQs or through a key word search of this thread.>

I'm looking to purchase 7-day park hoppers for our March 2018 trip.
1. The current best price from an authorized dealer seems to be from Get Away Now.
2. They ask for an arrival date, and Disney Tourist Blog says you cannot pick up your tix until after your arrival date.

3.-Does this mean I won't get an e-ticket code to enter into MDX until after that date?
4. -Will this mess with my ability to book FP+ at -60 days?
5. -What is best practice when buying tix from an authorized dealer who asks for a redemption/arrival date?

6. I just don't want to buy tix then find out I lose the ability to pre-link them to MDX and book FP+ at -60 days.

Thanks for indulging what may be an obvious/newbie question!

1. Not that it means anything, but I have never heard of Get Away Now.
2. That has to do with physical ticket cards.
3. You need to ask Get Away Now.
4. If they won't give you the ticket codes in advance, you won't be able to advance-book FP+.
5. Give them a date over 60 days before your arrival date.
6. That can be a real concern.

1. Not that it means anything, but I have never heard of Get Away Now.
2. That has to do with physical ticket cards.
3. You need to ask Get Away Now.
4. If they won't give you the ticket codes in advance, you won't be able to advance-book FP+.
5. Give them a date over 60 days before your arrival date.
6. That can be a real concern.

Thanks, Robo. I meant Get Away Today -- sorry for the typo. Seems they specialize more in Disneyland than Walt Disney World.

That said, I hadn't heard much about them until they popped up on Disney Tourist Blog last week. I think I'd rather pay an extra $60 for our tickets and not be worried about having issues with FP. I'll stick with one of the ticket dealers I've heard more about like Undercover Tourist and Parksavers. Appreciate your insight very much!

I am traveling with my parents that are Florida residents. TWY got the 4 day ticket. They chose standard delivery.

I am trying to add their tickets via their confirmation to their My Disney account because our fast pass window opens on Saturday. They also have a hotel room booked at Pop.

It seems we need ticket IDs to add the tickets and those won't be available until tickets arrive in the mail. Is there anything I can do to get their tickets added before our Fastpass opens on Saturday?

Thanks!

I am traveling with my parents that are Florida residents. TWY got the 4 day ticket. They chose standard delivery.

I am trying to add their tickets via their confirmation to their My Disney account because our fast pass window opens on Saturday. They also have a hotel room booked at Pop.

It seems we need ticket IDs to add the tickets and those won't be available until tickets arrive in the mail. Is there anything I can do to get their tickets added before our Fastpass opens on Saturday?

Thanks!

The confirmation numbers should work.
If you're still having trouble,
Call WDW Ticketing at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat

-or-

the WDW IT Dept. at
(407) 939-4357

My family will be in Florida for 18 days. We have 8 day MYW passes. We would like to go to a park on our first and last full days (day 2 and day 17). Is this possible? With the 14 day ticket expiry I'm thinking it's not, but we can't be the only people to ever go to Disney for more than 14 days?? Surely there are exceptions to the rule?
TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter