and just so someone with much more knowledge and experience than me can double check my logic....
Plan: purchasing 3 dy base ticket for UCT for $298. 5dy PH for Nov. would be $450
AP = $779
even though it is $31 more for the AP the benefits would be worth it in my book AND since we are saving a bit of $$ using UCT it helps to balance out [kinda hard when you are not comparing apples to apples]

So if we pre-purchase our 3dy from UCT for $298 and then upgrade when we get there we would pay the difference based on the the Disney price of the 3 day... [$307.79]
Subtract that from $779 which would be $471.21 then add 6.25% in tax..

So based on that...is it worth it to do the AP?
We may actually do more days in Nov depending on if we decide to purchase points and fly down prior to the whole family arriving on the 20th.

Your price math will work if there is no price increase between the time you buy your UT tickets and when you do the upgrade.
We don't know if there will be (nor how much) a change in the value of upgrading
current tickets after the next price increase.
We don't even know if and when there will be another price increase.
(Could be any time within the next 30 days... or not.)
Only you can decide if buying an AP at the time you're ready to upgrade will suit your specific needs.

Your price math will work if there is no price increase between the time you buy your UT tickets and when you do the upgrade.
We don't know if there will be (nor how much) a change in the value of upgrading
current tickets after the next price increase.
We don't even know if and when there will be another price increase.
(Could be any time within the next 30 days... or not.)
Only you can decide if buying an AP at the time you're ready to upgrade will suit your specific needs.

UGH I didn't think about that...now wondering if I can push him to purchase the AP straight up before then..
thanks for the info!

I have 6 tickets listed under my MDE and 4 of us are 7 Day with Hoppers and 2 are Magic Your Way with Hoppers. Are these any different from each other?

I have 6 tickets listed under my MDE and 4 of us are 7 Day with Hoppers and 2 are Magic Your Way with Hoppers. Are these any different from each other?
"Magic Your Way" is another name for standard WDW tickets.
Are the "Magic Your Way" tickets listed as "7-day" (Hoppers,) too?

"Magic Your Way" is another name for standard WDW tickets.
Are the "Magic Your Way" tickets listed as "7-day" (Hoppers,) too?
Yes they are listed as hoppers. If you look closely at our 4, that do not say Magic Your Way, they expire in 2030. I sort of wish we could buy new ones and keep these ;)

Yes they are listed as hoppers. If you look closely at our 4, that do not say Magic Your Way, they expire in 2030. I sort of wish we could buy new ones and keep these ;)

But, are your 4 ("Magic Your Way") tickets listed as "7-day" tickets?

Hey guys! I've read so much on here about tickets that I think I'm more lost than when I started lol! I'm in a bit of a pickle....

1.) I have a ticket that I purchased in 2016 - 1 day PH with water park option that expired 12/31/17. Would Disney let me upgrade to add 2 days and then pay price difference to equal current rate to HOPEFULLY make the ticket usable again? our travel date is coming up at the end of May

2.) I also have an unused 1 day MK ticket, peak season. Can I buy 2 qty, 1 day AK/Epcot tickets and then "bundle" all of them together and add a PH option once I get there if we decide we would like to hop? We are on a budget so I was trying to buy a ticket here and there as I get the funds together. Didn't think I would be in this boat. Didn't realize the original PH ticket would expire if I hadn't used it. I should have known better UGH.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Hey guys! I've read so much on here about tickets that I think I'm more lost than when I started lol! I'm in a bit of a pickle....

1.) I have a ticket that I purchased in 2016 - 1 day PH with water park option that expired 12/31/17. Would Disney let me upgrade to add 2 days and then pay price difference to equal current rate to HOPEFULLY make the ticket usable again? our travel date is coming up at the end of May

2.) I also have an unused 1 day MK ticket, peak season. Can I buy 2 qty, 1 day AK/Epcot tickets and then "bundle" all of them together and add a PH option once I get there if we decide we would like to hop?

We are on a budget so I was trying to buy a ticket here and there as I get the funds together. Didn't think I would be in this boat.

3. Didn't realize the original PH ticket would expire if I hadn't used it. I should have known better UGH.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1. If the ticket you have had any part of it that "expired" in 2017, I don't think you can do any kind of upgrade.
(I don't know what kind of ticket that this is.)

2. You would need to upgrade your one-day ticket to add the options that you want.
(Tickets cannot be "combined" to form new tickets.)

3. If you are talking about the ticket you discussed in #1, Magic Your Way tickets purchased prior to Feb. 12, 2017, did not expire. (Again, I don't know what kind of ticket that this is.)

Last edited:
Question about the Discover Disney Florida Resident Tickets...

Are you able to link these tickets to an MDE account and book fastpasses when you buy them online? Or do you have to wait until you've "picked them up" from the gate and showed proof of residency?

Question about the Discover Disney Florida Resident Tickets...

Are you able to link these tickets to an MDE account and book fastpasses when you buy them online? Or do you have to wait until you've "picked them up" from the gate and showed proof of residency?

Purchased (and as-yet "unactivated") tickets and APs can pre-book FP+.

Last edited:
I have a Military ticket question. We need 8 tickets. Buying the tickets are not a problem, but how do you activate them if the persoon who buys them has to use one of the tickets. I can buy six, a military friend can by two. Only the person who bought 6 tickets are going. How do I prove to Disney we are one family. We would like to order them now and get ready for FP, but I don't want to buy 2 tickets that I could not activate.

I have a Military ticket question. We need 8 tickets. Buying the tickets are not a problem, but how do you activate them if the persoon who buys them has to use one of the tickets. I can buy six, a military friend can by two. Only the person who bought 6 tickets are going. How do I prove to Disney we are one family. We would like to order them now and get ready for FP, but I don't want to buy 2 tickets that I could not activate.

From Disney:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets/
  • No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse). In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
Unless you can get an exception from Disney, I don't see how the "other two" tickets can be activated by you.

I have four comp tickets and I am hoping for some advice/explanation on the best way to use them.

We received four comp tickets after we were unable to use the last day of our MYW tickets in Oct 2016 when the parks closed due to Hurricane Matthew. I have a Ticket order id # given to me by guest services that I can link to my MDE account but haven't done it yet because I was unsure of the best way to use them, so I'm not sure exactly what they "look" like, other than I was told that they do not expire. One of the people in our party on that trip was a child and I'm not sure if one of them may be designated specifically as a child ticket? I had just assumed that they each needed to be used by the person that originally held the ticket, but perhaps that is not the case?

We (same group as before) are headed back soon and plan on spending 6 days in the park. We could just buy 5 day tickets and each use our 1 day tickets from last time. However, I'm wondering if there is a better way to utilize these.

Trying to help a buddy out - he and his wife are going to MK for ONE day (crazy right?) and he wants to buy each of them a one day ticket and make FP+ selections. I understand buying the ticket part but does Disney mail them a hard ticket for this one day excursion? Once he buys it I assume he'll have a confirmation number he can use to link to his MDE profile (which he also needs to set up)?

Trying to help a buddy out - he and his wife are going to MK for ONE day (crazy right?) and he wants to buy each of them a one day ticket and make FP+ selections. I understand buying the ticket part but does Disney mail them a hard ticket for this one day excursion? Once he buys it I assume he'll have a confirmation number he can use to link to his MDE profile (which he also needs to set up)?

He should create a MyDisneyExperience account that includes all guests going on this trip.
Then, he should order the tickets FROM (via) that MDX account.
The tickets will almost immediately automatically "appear" in that MDX account.
He can order the actual tickets be shipped to him, or he can order them "Will Call" (and pick up the tickets at any ticket booth once at WDW.)
Or, if he is staying at a WDW resort, he'll get MagicBands and no hard tickets will be needed.

Last edited:
I have four comp tickets and I am hoping for some advice/explanation on the best way to use them.

We received four comp tickets after we were unable to use the last day of our MYW tickets in Oct 2016 when the parks closed due to Hurricane Matthew. I have a Ticket order id # given to me by guest services that I can link to my MDE account but haven't done it yet because I was unsure of the best way to use them, so I'm not sure exactly what they "look" like, other than I was told that they do not expire.
1. One of the people in our party on that trip was a child and I'm not sure if one of them may be designated specifically as a child ticket?
2. I had just assumed that they each needed to be used by the person that originally held the ticket, but perhaps that is not the case?

We (same group as before) are headed back soon and plan on spending 6 days in the park.
3. We could just buy 5 day tickets and each use our 1 day tickets from last time. However, I'm wondering if there is a better way to utilize these.
1. Maybe. Maybe not. (i'm inclined to think not.)
2. Likely not.
Unused tickets, even if they have been put into a specific guest's MDX file, can be transferred to another guest.

3. The better plan is to give all 4 comp tickets to ONE person and just buy a 2-day ticket for that single guest.
Then, buy 6-day tickets for the remaining guests.

"BYW, "buying ahead" (and upgrading those tickets) did not turn out to be such a good plan last year.
So, if you want to "buy ahead" now, it may be best to buy exactly the tickets you know you will want to use in the next 20 months, or so."

Why do you say "within the next 20 months or so"? Don't tickets bought now need to be first used by December 31, 2018 or pay additional for gate price (if unused)? The reason I ask is I'd like to buy tickets today that won't be used until at least Feb. 2019 but this is what I read on disneygo.com. "Multi-day tickets are valid for one theme park per day for each day of the ticket. The first use must be on or before December 31, 2018."

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter