• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Well, a couple of years back,I had some leftover NE days on a few tickets. I added them to MDE under my name. Up until I started this last trip, I saw on my page a list of (maybe) 4 tickets that all said '10 days ticket' but I knew that each of those had a day or two left on them. It was all combined onto one plastic RFID card. Now it simply shows '10 day ticket' left on my acct. I used all the other days up on my 5(8) day pass this past week.

Call.

All upgrades must be done by a CM at a ticket booth or Guest Relations.

New regular WDW -or- DL AP purchases and AP renewals can be done by guests on-line or over the phone.

Is it possible to get the renewal price for a DL AP if I have just a regular WDW AP? Or vice versa? I’d think not, but always hopeful.

1. Yes. (See my countdown of days below.)
2. Nothing at all special needs to be done.
Just go to the park on 9/08 and enter using your Magicbands at the gate.

Mo 8/27-Day 1 of 14
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa
Su
Mo 9/03-Day 8 of 14
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa 9/08-Day 13 of 14
Su 9/09-Day 14 of 14

Thanks! That's what I thought, but didn't want any surprises when we tried it on the 8th.

Well...I'm glad I looked closely at my acct after I got back. And I'm glad I called-waiting for a callback now- So apparently The day I went to GS, the first thing I did was prioritize my ticket (5 day) that I wanted to use- then I had her add 3 days onto tickets. The system used up the 5 days, then took the last 3 days from my old NE passes,AND from the 3 added days at the same time. (in addition, MDE also mixed up mine and SIL tix, which we had to go clear up mid trip) She did say it was their systems glitch,and she's going to call back once it's resolved and the 3 days that were taken wrongly are reinstated,so I think it will all be ok. She says she can see exactly what happened. My life with MDE is one glitch after another,with helpful humans trying to fix it along the way.

One more question about the AP/Passport situation. If I wanted to upgrade a WDW AP that I bought with the renewal price to the premier passport, would I pay the difference between the renewal price AP and the passport? Or the full price AP and the passport?

One more question about the AP/Passport situation. If I wanted to upgrade a WDW AP that I bought with the renewal price to the premier passport, would I pay the difference between the renewal price AP and the passport? Or the full price AP and the passport?

Full price, if the renewal AP was activated.

Well...I'm glad I looked closely at my acct after I got back. And I'm glad I called-waiting for a callback now- So apparently The day I went to GS, the first thing I did was prioritize my ticket (5 day) that I wanted to use- then I had her add 3 days onto tickets. The system used up the 5 days, then took the last 3 days from my old NE passes,AND from the 3 added days at the same time. (in addition, MDE also mixed up mine and SIL tix, which we had to go clear up mid trip) She did say it was their systems glitch,and she's going to call back once it's resolved and the 3 days that were taken wrongly are reinstated,so I think it will all be ok. She says she can see exactly what happened. My life with MDE is one glitch after another,with helpful humans trying to fix it along the way.
Oh forgot to add.... she also recommend that I call at a later date just to confirm it. The stupid MDE doesn't show the # of days left on an old pass,even tho she assured me she put them back properly. She (hopefully) resolved it all within an hour,and called to let me know. They really should have a better way of keeping track on MDE.

The stupid MDE doesn't show the # of days left on an old pass,even tho she assured me she put them back properly. She (hopefully) resolved it all within an hour,and called to let me know. They really should have a better way of keeping track on MDE.

The MDE website doesn't show ticket "days left."
But, sometimes at least, the phone APP does.

Ok Now it gets weirder.... I headed over to MDE to book some fake FP,and see how many days it would allow. I stopped at 7 days. What is going on????? I should only have 5 days left of entitlements.(it was the only way I could think to check)

haha I took your advice (after my last post) and looked on my app.... now it shows I have 9 days left!!!! I'm going to give it a few days to see what settles out (?) I have no idea what is going on

Hi all! Just looking to make sure I've got this right, on upgrading a 9 day park hopper to an annual pass. I bought it from Visit Orlando Nov 2017, and it expires Jan 2019, so according to Robo's helpful "cost to upgrade" post, I should be credited for the 2017 gate price of a 9 day PH: $557.83 w/tax. A current AP is $904.19 w/tax. Difference is $346.36, so that's what I should pay for a AP, correct? Do I have that right?

So..we are doing to our first MNSSHP in August and very excited......but this is a ticket question.
If I buy the party tickets for Tuesday 8/28 but the weather forecast looks to be much better on Friday 8/24...
Do you think they will let us exchange the tickets for the earlier date and pay the difference? I know that parties are rarely canceled for rain....but if the forecast shows alot of rain for Tuesday and Friday to be OK, I’d rather make that decision (still taking my chances). Thanks

And Robo this is a fabulous tread. I’ll be upgrading to an AP when I go in July!

So..we are doing to our first MNSSHP in August and very excited......but this is a ticket question.
If I buy the party tickets for Tuesday 8/28 but the weather forecast looks to be much better on Friday 8/24...
1. Do you think they will let us exchange the tickets for the earlier date and pay the difference? I know that parties are rarely canceled for rain....but if the forecast shows alot of rain for Tuesday and Friday to be OK,
2. I’d rather make that decision (still taking my chances). Thanks

And Robo this is a fabulous tread. I’ll be upgrading to an AP when I go in July!

1. "Officially," no. (But, you can always ask, nicely.)
2. Waiting until you are there to buy is a gamble, but you would know the weather, at least.

Thanks for the kind words about the thread.

Hi all! Just looking to make sure I've got this right, on upgrading a 9 day park hopper to an annual pass. I bought it from Visit Orlando Nov 2017, and it expires Jan 2019, so according to Robo's helpful "cost to upgrade" post, I should be credited for the 2017 gate price of a 9 day PH: $557.83 w/tax. A current AP is $904.19 w/tax. Difference is $346.36, so that's what I should pay for a AP, correct? Do I have that right?

I'm not sure that you would figure in the extra $20 "gate cost."
That should null-out during the upgrade transaction.

So...
$904.19 w/tax Platinum AP -2018
-537.83 w/tax 9 day PH-2017
=366.36 w/tax Upgrade cost

So here is my issue.

Upcoming trip where my fam of 5 have our tickets synced to my wife.

My mil and fil will be joining us and my fil tickets are synced to my mil.

Now we want their tickets linked to my wife as well.

We managed to have mil link her ticket to my wifes but cant seem to link my fil.

Plan to call disney but has anyone else had and fixed this issue?

I have a complimentary PH ticket in my MDE account, does anyone know if these expire? I don't think I can upgrade to add extra days to it when we arrive, and I'm not sure we can use it for our next trip.

I have a complimentary PH ticket in my MDE account, does anyone know if these expire? I don't think I can upgrade to add extra days to it when we arrive, and I'm not sure we can use it for our next trip.

If it has an expiration date, that would be printed on the ticket.
Comp tickets cannot be upgraded.

If it has an expiration date, that would be printed on the ticket.
Comp tickets cannot be upgraded.

Thanks- unfortunately, I don't have a hard copy ticket, it was just added to my MDE and I can't seem to click on it or other get any additional information. it just says "1-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper Option - Complimentary"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter