1. From Post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting:
-or-
Ticket bought at a Disney Store:
A __ Created BEFORE Feb.12,2017 - (2016) Prices HERE.

----------------------------------------------

2. From Post #6 in the thread on which we are now posting:

A __________
Find the full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you HAVE on the 2016 Price list.
Subtract that 2016 price from the current 2018 full Disney price for the kind of ticket that you WANT. 2018 Price list HERE.

Pay that difference price for the upgrade.

Thanks. I thought I was looking at the wrong chart, as the price I paid from UT was way lower.

Got it.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but thought I would ask. We bought 3-day passes directly from Disney, but not attached to a resort stay. Friends are joining us, so we will now spend 2 more days in the parks. I believe we have to wait until we arrive to add days to the passes. Is there a way to extend them ahead of time?

Pretty sure I know the answer to this but thought I would ask. We bought 3-day passes directly from Disney, but not attached to a resort stay. Friends are joining us, so we will now spend 2 more days in the parks. I believe we have to wait until we arrive to add days to the passes. Is there a way to extend them ahead of time?
You may be able to do it in MDE. Or try calling.

Enjoy your vacation!

I have a question on the Gold AP. Can Disney add blackout dates once you have bought your AP? Currently it only shows BO for Easter and Christmas/New Year. Can you add BO dates on the fly?

I have a question on the Gold AP.
1. Can Disney add blackout dates once you have bought your AP? Currently it only shows BO for Easter and Christmas/New Year.
2. Can you add BO dates on the fly?
1. Yes.
Why?
Because the APs don't ALL run from one specific date in one year to that specific date in the next year.
Disney does not know when a guest may start his/her AP year.
2. So, if Disney changes the BO dates that apply for the rest of the year 2020...
those will then apply to guests who still have active APs in 2020.

I have a question on the Gold AP. Can Disney add blackout dates once you have bought your AP? Currently it only shows BO for Easter and Christmas/New Year. Can you add BO dates on the fly?

Absolutely they can. Blackout dates are subject to change.

This is at the bottom of the blockout date calendar tool on the Disney website:

I have an AP. We booked a free dining bounceback last year for this coming August. DH, me, DS1, and DS2 in one room. Bought 9 day hoppers for everyone. Obviously I don't need mine with the AP. DD has now decided she would like to join us. If I get a room only reservation for her, can I transfer my 9 day hopper to her? If so, can I do it at 60+ days so we can all get FP+ together at 60 days out?

I have an AP. We booked a free dining bounceback last year for this coming August. DH, me, DS1, and DS2 in one room. Bought 9 day hoppers for everyone. Obviously I don't need mine with the AP. DD has now decided she would like to join us.
1. If I get a room only reservation for her, can I transfer my 9 day hopper to her?
2. If so, can I do it at 60+ days so we can all get FP+ together at 60 days out?
1. Yes, but not until after you arrive at WDW.
2. Nope. All guests with a resort "package" must have the same kind of tickets until
the party arrives at WDW.
You can buy her a 9-day ticket and add it to MDX for her use and for booking FP in advance.
You would then save your current package ticket, and use its purchase value for ticket or AP purchase (or AP renewal) in the future.

Last edited:
1. Yes, but not until after you arrive at WDW.
2. Nope. All guests with a resort "package" must have the same kind of tickets until
the party arrives at WDW.
You can buy her a 9-day ticket and add it to MDX for her use and for booking FP in advance.
You would then save your current package ticket, and use its purchase value for ticket or AP purchase (or AP renewal) in the future.

Well darn. That's what I thought, but can't hurt to double-check.
I just would rather not "front" Disney that $600+.
So when I use the value of that ticket toward a new ticket, can I do that before the 60 days so I can get FPs?

So when I use the value of that ticket toward a new ticket, can I do that before the 60 days so I can get FPs?
We don't know.
The procedures for these kind of things can change over time.

Okay I promise I read the top posts but I have two clarifying questions:

1. If I upgrade to an AP on 2/25/2020 is it then valid until 2/25/2021 OR would my last park day be 2/24/2021.

2. The Disney website makes it sound like you can upgrade tickets to APs via MDE. However, this post makes it seem like that can only be done in person. Is there any way to uprade to an AP via the app, or do I have to wait until I am there?

Thanks!

1. If I upgrade to an AP on 2/25/2020 is it then valid until 2/25/2021 OR would my last park day be 2/24/2021.

2. The Disney website makes it sound like you can upgrade tickets to APs via MDE. However, this post makes it seem like that can only be done in person. Is there any way to uprade to an AP via the app, or do I have to wait until I am there?

Thanks!
1. 2/25/21
2. These things can change, and sometimes it works... sometimes not.
May even depend on from whom you bought the ticket.

Thanks!

Just to be 100% technically clear on Robo's response of the expiration date of the AP, it doesn't technically matter when you process the UPGRADE itself. It's when that ticket is first used to enter a park. So, if you upgrade before your trip and first use the AP on 2/25/20, then yes, you have until end of business on 2/25/21. Sounds like that's what you mean.

However, if someone uses a multi day ticket starting, say 2/23/20, then UPGRADE on 2/25/20, then their AP will expire on 2/23/21.

We have a package booked for April. I called yesterday to upgrade my tickets from a 7 day to 8 day. In MDE, I can see the new balance due reflective of the upgrade, however the "tickets" section still shows a 7 day. I also did not receive any kind of email confirmation with the new balance, though I'm not sure if that's normal. Anyone know if these things take time to show up in MDE? I loathe calling WDW but will if I have to!

We have a package booked for April. I called yesterday to upgrade my tickets from a 7 day to 8 day. In MDE, I can see the new balance due reflective of the upgrade, however the "tickets" section still shows a 7 day. I also did not receive any kind of email confirmation with the new balance, though I'm not sure if that's normal. Anyone know if these things take time to show up in MDE? I loathe calling WDW but will if I have to!
MDX software is very prone to slow responses and temporarily inaccurate information, especially regarding tickets.
If you are not very near a specific deadline for FPs (etc.,) give it some time to correct itself before you bother calling again.

my current AP expires on March 7th and I had decided not to renew. then I purchased a 4 day/4park pass to use in Sept. if I do decide to get another AP can I upgrade a 4-day/4-park ticket to an annual pass?

my current AP expires on March 7th and I had decided not to renew. then I purchased a 4 day/4park pass to use in Sept. if I do decide to get another AP can I upgrade a 4-day/4-park ticket to an annual pass?
Yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter