AP renewal with 8 day tickets:
We are current Platinum AP with an expiration date of May 3. We are headed to WDW at the end of April and we're hoping to renew then. But in order to make park reservations for October 1, we purchased 8 day tickets for that time. Will they let us use the 8 day tickets toward the renewal of the APs?

AP renewal with 8 day tickets:
We are current Platinum AP with an expiration date of May 3. We are headed to WDW at the end of April and we're hoping to renew then. But in order to make park reservations for October 1, we purchased 8 day tickets for that time. Will they let us use the 8 day tickets toward the renewal of the APs?

Yes. I had to do the same thing. Ours expire two days into our October trip. In order to make our park reservations for October, we had to purchase 7 day PHs at Disney's instruction. I was told I could apply the cost of those tickets to a renewal at 60 days or just wait until we arrive at the parks and do it then.

hi I bought tickets way back in 2020. The expiration was extended to september of 2021. Will be able to change these tickets for December. I cant change them on MY Disney Experience. It just says non transferable.

Thank you

hi I bought tickets way back in 2020. The expiration was extended to september of 2021. Will be able to change these tickets for December. I cant change them on MY Disney Experience. It just says non transferable.
Once an unused ticket finally fully expires, it's original on-line Disney price can be used to help pay toward new tickets for a future WDW trip.

We have 7 day PH tickets from a canceled April 2020 trip. These were the tickets that had expiration extended to Sept 2021. We used 4 days in November and have 3 days left, but we are going next month for 6 days. Will I be able to add 3 days to this ticket, either before we go and at a ticket booth once we are there? I can't do update the ticket online since it was already partially used, and the wait times for calls are outrageous.

I should also say we are DVC members. Ideally I wanted to upgrade these tickets to DVC APs but I know I can't do that at this time.

Thanks!

Since the ticket was first used more than 14 days ago, I don't believe you can upgrade it now. The best you can hope for is to call and plead your case. Good luck!
Thank you - that is what I was thinking. Back in November they did not let me add days, even though I knew at that time we would need them. What is the best phone number to contact for ticket questions? I have called the DVC line a few times now, but was unable to hold for the 90 minutes they indicated.

We have 7 day PH tickets from a canceled April 2020 trip. These were the tickets that had expiration extended to Sept 2021. We used 4 days in November and have 3 days left, but we are going next month for 6 days. Will I be able to add 3 days to this ticket, either before we go and at a ticket booth once we are there? I can't do update the ticket online since it was already partially used, and the wait times for calls are outrageous.

I should also say we are DVC members. Ideally I wanted to upgrade these tickets to DVC APs but I know I can't do that at this time.

Thanks!
Please report back on your results. We have a similar situation coming up. I currently have 6 day tickets, but only want to use 4 of those days in April and are hoping to add more days to the leftover 2 days in the fall.

Thank you - that is what I was thinking. Back in November they did not let me add days, even though I knew at that time we would need them.
My understanding is once the ticket gets upgraded, it loses the "special expiration" designation and converts to a normal date-based ticket. Therefore, if you had upgraded in November, it would have expired after 14 days from first use like a typical 10-day ticket.

Unless you qualify for a DVC recovery AP, I think you'll need to speak with the regular ticket line.

Yes. I had to do the same thing. Ours expire two days into our October trip. In order to make our park reservations for October, we had to purchase 7 day PHs at Disney's instruction. I was told I could apply the cost of those tickets to a renewal at 60 days or just wait until we arrive at the parks and do it then.

Thank you!!

If someone in my party has April tickets and can’t go and doesn’t have a future date yet what is the best strategy? If they let the tickets just sit in the ME and the date goes by will they have to go to guest services to change the tickets? Is it better to move the tickets up 6 months until the new travel date is picked? Like say move them to a random date in November.

When do tickets bought this year through UT expire? Is it the end of this year or 2022? I can’t find it anywhere on the tickets.

Also changing ticket link seems to be not working right now in ME. Is this a common occurrence?

Thanks

@DCLMP Regardless of where purchased the ticket “expires” based on the start date. The value can always be used towards new tickets. I suppose they could push the date out randomly to a date similarly priced so as not to pay extra right now. Ability to change a ticket within MDE seems to be hit-or-miss lately.

@DCLMP Regardless of where purchased the ticket “expires” based on the start date. The value can always be used towards new tickets. I suppose they could push the date out randomly to a date similarly priced so as not to pay extra right now. Ability to change a ticket within MDE seems to be hit-or-miss lately.
Last year I had tickets bought through Costco and was able to change the dates multiple times through ME. I just paid the difference if there was one. I guess my question is can you change the dates over the phone or through ME after they expire or do you need to go to guest services at the park to do it. If you need to do it at guest services that would make making park passes hard. Then again in 6 months park capacity may be back to normal and not an issue.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear about wait times. It's probably due to ME being wonky.

I guess my question is can you change the dates over the phone or through ME after they expire or do you need to go to guest services at the park to do it.
By phone after expiration because it will likely disappear from your view. Possibly through MDE prior to expiration.

By phone after expiration because it will likely disappear from your view. Possibly through MDE prior to expiration,
Well, let's hope they get ME fixed. I think I changed my tickets 6 times last year from April to August waiting for the parks to open. It was simple. I hate having to call for anything. I remember when we used to have to call for resort changes. It wasn't that long ago.

So much info here, not sure where to begin! For starters, my parents have a DVC condo booked the Week of July 10. Not sure if we will go yet, waiting to see how things go over the next few months. All adults will be vaccinated, my teenagers will not.

Do I need to get park tickets now or risk not being able to get them, or get the park reservation? Will they be be refundable? I’m not even sure how many days we would spend in the parks, Maybe just a few. My parents had these points to use and we haven’t seen them in a year. I’m comfortable traveling to Florida, not sure how much time we will want to to spend in parks. But I’m worried if I don’t get tickets we will be shut out.

So much info here, not sure where to begin! For starters, my parents have a DVC condo booked the Week of July 10. Not sure if we will go yet, waiting to see how things go over the next few months. All adults will be vaccinated, my teenagers will not.

1. Do I need to get park tickets now or risk not being able to get them, or get the park reservation?
2. Will they be be refundable?
3. But I’m worried if I don’t get tickets we will be shut out.
1. You never know. That's a possibility.
2. Nope. (Unless there's another shutdown order.)
3. No way to know, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter