• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets for dvc guests during Covid-19

mbike

Earning My Ears
With ticket sales being suspended will Disney sell to resort guests? We have a chance to stay at a DVC in Aug. but don't know if we'd be able to get into the parks. We'd rather not waste the points/gift if the parks are off limits to us.

They will, at some point, but right now, this is all that has been said...

184DA2E9-237E-4D33-B37A-68F141BCA56D.jpeg

Hopefully they’ll have more answers soon! Good luck deciding!

They have it yet shared details of the priority of who will get into the park reservation system.

However, from what has been shared, it appears that guests with reservations and tickets will be the first group. Whether they will somehow prioritize further is anyone’s guess.

If all you have right now would be the reservation, then you’d be during whatever phase puts guests in your situation. They did say they will not open for ticket sales until guests with both are dealt with.

Especially for DVC, I just don't see how they would not sell tickets to them and allow park reservations in the first wave. They really need DVC members to start using up their points or they are going to be in a real issue next year with more points than rooms. My thought, and this is only a guess, is that DVC guests without tickets linked will be contacted in some way to buy tickets once the reservation system goes up.

We had a DVC reservation but hadn't bought tickets yet last week during the announcement. I quickly purchased and linked tickets from UT. I am still waiting for a refund from UT for our original DL tickets. Luckily I had the resources to front the money for the WDW tickets until I get that refund.

Especially for DVC, I just don't see how they would not sell tickets to them and allow park reservations in the first wave. They really need DVC members to start using up their points or they are going to be in a real issue next year with more points than rooms. My thought, and this is only a guess, is that DVC guests without tickets linked will be contacted in some way to buy tickets once the reservation system goes up.

We had a DVC reservation but hadn't bought tickets yet last week during the announcement. I quickly purchased and linked tickets from UT. I am still waiting for a refund from UT for our original DL tickets. Luckily I had the resources to front the money for the WDW tickets until I get that refund.

DVC members can continue to book rooms as resorts are open. Access to parks is not connected to ownership in anyway so IMO, a DVC reservation guest would not be given priority to buy tickets if cash guests can not,

I believe that ticket sales will open for all at the same time.

DVC members can continue to book rooms as resorts are open. Access to parks is not connected to ownership in anyway so IMO, a DVC reservation guest would not be given priority to buy tickets if cash guests can not,

I believe that ticket sales will open for all at the same time.

And with luck prior to our 60 days for reservations/ADRs (August). I have two extra guests that did not get their tickets before Disney lowered the boom on no additional ticket sales. They have a reservation at YC and are with us for two days prior. Clearly, we all would like to visit the parks together.

And with luck prior to our 60 days for reservations/ADRs (August). I have two extra guests that did not get their tickets before Disney lowered the boom on no additional ticket sales. They have a reservation at YC and are with us for two days prior. Clearly, we all would like to visit the parks together.

ADRs are on hold until further notice. As long as the park reservation system is in place, that system will be different as one can’t make ADRs for a park unless they already have a reservation to get into the park,

From my sources, once someone has park reservations, then Disney may allow those guests to reserve.

I think the 60 day rule is the new rule going forward, but it has not yet been announced when that will actually begin and how it will work.

I hope you are right since we currently have a DVC reservation for September but no tickets yet. I have been thinking about buying tickets from UT; I probably should do that.

In case you haven’t seen yet. UT is no longer selling Disney World tickets. Not sure if they are out or Disney has stopped them.

Not sure if those of us who got them are the lucky ones who got in under the gun or will have a mess on our hands?!?! Only time will tell

In case you haven’t seen yet. UT is no longer selling Disney World tickets. Not sure if they are out or Disney has stopped them.

Not sure if those of us who got them are the lucky ones who got in under the gun or will have a mess on our hands?!?! Only time will tell

I know they buy their tickets in bulk from Disney, so I think once they sold out their stock, they are done until the restrictions are lifted. I bought and linked my date specific tickets the day of the announcement. Yesterday the expiration date updated on them in MDE to 9/26/21, so my tickets appear to be good.

@puffkin I got mine bought and linked on Saturday. Mine still have the specific date range for our end of October trip. So it is interesting that yours changed. What date was your tickets originally set for? Wondering because maybe I am far enough out they do not want to change them yet.

@puffkin I got mine bought and linked on Saturday. Mine still have the specific date range for our end of October trip. So it is interesting that yours changed. What date was your tickets originally set for? Wondering because maybe I am far enough out they do not want to change them yet.
Ours are for the first week of August.

For those with early 2021 DVC reservations, I know it’s a long ways away... but are we pretty much just stuck waiting until this new reservation system gets sorted out and 2021 tickets become available? Or is there any kind of workaround we can do to obtain our park tickets now?

I know they buy their tickets in bulk from Disney, so I think once they sold out their stock, they are done until the restrictions are lifted. I bought and linked my date specific tickets the day of the announcement. Yesterday the expiration date updated on them in MDE to 9/26/21, so my tickets appear to be good.

I tried to purchase yesterday and could not complete the purchase. I emailed and UT replied that Disney had stopped them from selling--UT has tickets, but Disney has told all vendors (checked AAA as well) that they are to cease sales. :headache:

I tried to purchase yesterday and could not complete the purchase. I emailed and UT replied that Disney had stopped them from selling--UT has tickets, but Disney has told all vendors (checked AAA as well) that they are to cease sales. :headache:
I checked Parksavers and Boardwalk. They are still selling but I didn’t purchase. I don’t know if the purchase will go thru or if it might get cancelled. I had warned others in my group that the third party sellers might not continue to sell for very long but they wanted to “wait and see what happens first”. :worried:

For those with early 2021 DVC reservations, I know it’s a long ways away... but are we pretty much just stuck waiting until this new reservation system gets sorted out and 2021 tickets become available? Or is there any kind of workaround we can do to obtain our park tickets now?

We have an October DVC trip set up with tickets and a February DVC trip with no tickets yet. We're not worried yet about not getting tickets in 2021 because no one has actually been able to buy 2021 tickets yet. Although people have been getting tickets extended out to Sept 2021 (or even 2022?) and others have APs, eventually they are going to need to begin selling 2021 tickets of some kind otherwise most of the people with resort reservations will have no way to get in and will cancel.

Someone can correct me, but I don't believe they usually start selling tickets this early for the following year anyway, so I'm trying to just be patient.

I checked Parksavers and Boardwalk. They are still selling but I didn’t purchase. I don’t know if the purchase will go thru or if it might get cancelled. I had warned others in my group that the third party sellers might not continue to sell for very long but they wanted to “wait and see what happens first”. :worried:
I tried them yesterday and received an email a few hours after I placed my order that they were sold out. They did say they would put my order on "hold" and when tickets became available they would process immediately.

I tried them yesterday and received an email a few hours after I placed my order that they were sold out. They did say they would put my order on "hold" and when tickets became available they would process immediately.
Good to know. Not what I’d like to hear, but good to know anyway. This is what my family gets for not listening to the Disney expert in the family. When will they ever learn? :sad2:

This is my exact situation. The specific dates are still there in MDE.

I'm really surprised they didn't do that sooner. People making a run on UT tickets is completely counter to what they are trying to do right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter