Question on tickets. My brother is travelling with me next month and was originally going to be able to come for a full 7 days. But he had something come up and has to leave the trip early. He already purchased a 7 day park hopper as well as Mickey Party ticket with dessert party but he won't be able to use the last two days of the 7 day park hopper or the Mickey party ticket/dessert party. Can my mother go in his place for the remainder of the park hopper ticket and the Christmas party? Is that allowed? So, she would use his magic band for the remainder 2 days on the park hopper and then go to Mickey party/dessert party with me since he can't go.

Question on tickets. My brother is travelling with me next month and was originally going to be able to come for a full 7 days. But he had something come up and has to leave the trip early. He already purchased a 7 day park hopper as well as Mickey Party ticket with dessert party but he won't be able to use the last two days of the 7 day park hopper or the Mickey party ticket/dessert party.
1. Can my mother go in his place for the remainder of the park hopper ticket
2. and the Christmas party? Is that allowed?
3. So, she would use his magic band for the remainder 2 days on the park hopper and then
4. go to Mickey party/dessert party with me since he can't go.
1. Sorry, but no. Guests are not allowed to "share" a ticket.
2. Yes she can, on the party ticket.
3. Nope. Not allowed.
4. She/you can get a free stand-alone TICKET for MVMCP issued from any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW. That can also be used as her ID to enter the dessert party (if you have that party listed in your MDX account.)

1. Sorry, but no. Guests are not allowed to "share" a ticket.
2. Yes she can, on the party ticket.
3. Nope. Not allowed.
4. She/you can get a free stand-alone TICKET for MVMCP issued from any ticket booth or Guest Relations at WDW. That can also be used as her ID to enter the dessert party (if you have that party listed in your MDX account.)
Thanks for that info, makes sense. Looks like I can reassign the Mickey's Christmas party ticket to her on MDE and I will get her a two day park pass for her. I will see once that's updated if I can change the name on the dessert party to reflect her instead. Thanks again

Thanks for that info, makes sense. Looks like I can reassign the Mickey's Christmas party ticket to her on MDE and I will get her a two day park pass for her. I will see once that's updated if I can change the name on the dessert party to reflect her instead. Thanks again
The actual name listed for the Dessert Party or name connected to the party ticket should not really matter.

If your brother's name is, say, "Fred," you can just tell 'em at the party entrance that your mom's nickname is "Fred." ;)

has anyone else notice that if you wait till last minute to buy tickets on undercovertourists the price goes up
that is so crazy that was never like this
disney is just making it impossible for families
Actually, I thought you must be mistaken, but I just went on after checking daily and my tickets are $2 higher. Trip is over a month away.

I'm not finding the info I'm looking for for what is probably a somewhat less common situation: I currently have a (non-resident) DVC Gold Annual Pass and want to renew a Platinum Pass, as a Florida resident. I've already been assured that I can do this - what I can't figure out is how to do this online.

Is this something that can only be done in person?

Entering with mid-day tix - is there a separate gate where we queue up for this or do we just make sure it’s 12pm or later when we get to the front? I’ve never not rope dropped - will there be lines to get in at noon? Any wiggle room on the entrance timing? In other words if we get through bag check and queue up then get to the gate at 11:55 are we going to get held up and create delays at the gate?

I'm not finding the info I'm looking for for what is probably a somewhat less common situation: I currently have a (non-resident) DVC Gold Annual Pass and want to renew a Platinum Pass, as a Florida resident. I've already been assured that I can do this - what I can't figure out is how to do this online.

Is this something that can only be done in person?
Try Calling.

Entering with mid-day tix
1. is there a separate gate where we queue up for this or
2. do we just make sure it’s 12pm or later when we get to the front? I’ve never not rope dropped -
3. will there be lines to get in at noon?
4. Any wiggle room on the entrance timing?
5. In other words if we get through bag check and queue up then get to the gate at 11:55 are we going to get held up and create delays at the gate?
1. Not that I've heard about.
2. That's how other time-specific tickets work.
3. Not enough to worry about.
4. I would not count on it.
5. The computer system is how entrance tapstyles admit guests.
Let us know how it works for you.

Not currently a DVC member - but if I buy into DVC points soon and then upgrade to an annual pass from my 8-day Park Hopper ticket, can I upgrade my 8-day Park Hopper and get the DVC discount on the Annual Pass?

Not currently a DVC member - but if I buy into DVC points soon and then upgrade to an annual pass from my 8-day Park Hopper ticket, can I upgrade my 8-day Park Hopper and get the DVC discount on the Annual Pass?

If you become a DVC member, you can upgrade a regular ticket to a DVC AP.

Last edited:
I am planning a trip in February and was planning to buy 5 day PH through a discount site, upgrade to AP during that trip. I now have an opportunity to make a quick 1 day trip in January. How do I get the best bang for my buck? Buy the 1 day then upgrade in Jan?

I am planning a trip in February and was planning to buy 5 day PH through a discount site, upgrade to AP during that trip. I now have an opportunity to make a quick 1 day trip in January. How do I get the best bang for my buck? Buy the 1 day then upgrade in Jan?
If the DATES of the AP will suit your needs to start on the day you want to go into a park in Jan. 2020 (and remain valid through the end of business on that SAME date in 2021,) then buy a, say, 8 or 10 day ticket from an authorized discounter and upgrade it to AP on the date you go to the park in Jan. 2020. That will generally save you the most money on the AP.

If the DATES of the AP will suit your needs to start on the day you want to go into a park in Jan. 2020 (and remain valid through the end of business on that SAME date in 2021,) then buy a, say, 8 or 10 day ticket from an authorized discounter and upgrade it to AP on the date you go to the park in Jan. 2020. That will generally save you the most money on the AP.
Thanks! And should the start date of the 8/ or 10 day ticket be my January date?

Thanks! And should the start date of the 8/ or 10 day ticket be my January date?
If you want to use the ticket (or the AP to which you upgrade) in January, it would make sense for the start-date to be during the January trip.

I have an odd AP renewal question that I didn't see covered. If it's been asked before I apologize but it didn't come up in a search either.
I have 2 2 day tickets that we bought to turn our NYE stay in to a package, so I could pay less to book it. So those ticket's expiration date is last day of our stay, which is Jan 2. I did the same last year, planning to use the tickets towards our renewal (renew in June). Well, last year I paid to upgrade them to the Flexible Date option. Now, I'm wondering is that necessary. I know they never loose their face value and if you want to use them for park entry in the future, you'd just have to pay whatever the difference is in the current ticket. But does that also work for AP renewal. Can I get the cost I paid for the ticket toward the renewal, without the Flexible Date option? Hopefully I've explained that well enough

Maybe silly questions, but want to make sure I understand.

We currently have APs, if I book a package with tickets but then don’t use the tickets I will be able to use that amount toward future tickets correct? Assuming this can only be done in person?
Will our APs automatically be the ticket used or I’m going to need to check with guest services to prioritize my AP?

thanks!
I can give first hand report that YES, you will want to check before entering. I have an AP, and had tickets on the account in my name also. I knew I should move them but got lazy and didn't, thinking surely an AP would always have priority. Nope, entered and it used 1 of the days on the ticket. I spent time at GS getting it fixed and the original ticket reinstated. While there I made mention that I found it odd that a Premier AP wouldn't automatically have priority and the CM actually told me that there could be times someone would rather use a ticket than their AP. I can't fathom an instance where someone with a valid, any day AP would rather use a ticket but whatever. I let him think that and just never made that mistake again.

I am going in May. My daughter's friend is coming with us. She just purchased an annual pass. I am the primary planner and she is listed under my account. Will i be able to put her AP under her in my account? If so, how do I do that? If not, what are my options?

Also planning on buying my park hoppers for everybody else with a discount through my union at work. I am having them mailed to me. How hard/easy is it to add these to my MDE?

I want to make sure I have everything in order when it's time to make Fast Passes.

Thanks in advance!

Is there any way to tell if third party 10-day flexible date PH tickets have been printed recently? Thinking of getting one on UT to try and save money on an AP renewal via bridging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter