Tickets, lanyards, and ?s

ByTheHook

A Reformed Toad
Does anyone know if DLR guests receive their park/hopper-tickets in card form (like on the room-key card)? If so, do these (or other tickets received) have a little hole we could hang from our lanyards? Do the DLR hotels (or concierge staff, if we're so lucky to land one of those rooms) give out free lanyards for such tickets if we need extras? Is it easier to do the FP rides by lanyard-tickets or by regular (paper) ones?

Thanks for any help/ anecdotes! ;-)

I am nearly certain they only use paper tickets at DLR. There is no finger scan either. The up side is you can get early entry even if you're not staying at a Disney hotel... and if you buy a AAA package you can get unlimited fastpass!!

My entrance media and fastpasses all go in my FP holder around my neck. I think I paid $7 inside the park for it and it was WELL worth my $$! The "lanyard" is more like a bolo tie than flat nylon tape, it's got an enameled castle "buckle" (for lack of a better word) that has a plastic pouch attached. The pouch is heavy duty clear vinyl that zips shut (think ziploc!).

Mine is a little different than the one in this link , but it's the same concept.

Don't punch holes in your entrance media unless you want to risk ruining them. You might be fine, but then again, you might not. Is it worth that?

JMHO, of course. . .

mk

Nope, sadly Disneyland hasn't changed over to the plastic cards yet like WDW, I think it would be a splendid idea! But for now its paper. If you want to make yourself a ticket holder (much cheaper then if you buy it at DL) you can buy ID holders from staples and attatch a tie with a clasp. I did it and even decorated it with stickers, pretty sweet.

we have not been to DL in a very long time (24years) but are going next year for our anniversary, we have been to DW many times. Does anyone have a picture of what their tickets look like? and if they are paper do they scan them like DW or stamped them etc for multi days. Because they are paper and not plastic is it better to keep them in a holder of some kind. We still have our tickets from when we were there on our honeymoon and I would be interested to see how they look now.

Thanks
kathie

They do scan the tickets now. They are paper (credit card sized) and have a bar code and magnetic strip on the back. When you've used a day, there is a tiny circle punched in the ticket.

stampinshauna said:
They do scan the tickets now. They are paper (credit card sized) and have a bar code and magnetic strip on the back. When you've used a day, there is a tiny circle punched in the ticket.
They also stamped our ticket when we used our early entry. Be sure to get your hand stamped if you switch parks... you'll need you ticket out as well as the hand stamp to enter the other park.

Whatever you do just DON"T lose them. Do whatever it takes (buying a lanyard, etc.), just don't lose them. It is NOT DisneyLand's policy to replace lost or stolen tickets, and you WILL be out all of the money you paid for them.

Dana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter