Tim and Lesley Year of Million Compromises/TONS pics- 8/5 help me pg. 164!!!

Sorry to hear about the class cancelling. I feel for you. My husband owns his own 18 wheeler and his truck just went in the repair shop today. Just when we started putting extra money back for our upcoming trip in June.

Hope it gets better!

Doesn't it stink! So sorry about your husbands 18 wheeler, I hope you guys are able to financially recover and put that disney money aside too. I was dealt good news with our taxes today so I'm back on cloud nine again.:cloud9:

Lesley

I just loved your trip report! Your family is so cute and I really look forward to joining you for another trip! :goodvibes

I'm on board to hear all about the pre-trip plans
and then the magic! I really feel the planning and
anticipation of going is half the fun. I am so hoping
to get back there one day. Issues have prevented us
from returning...its been two long years!!! The day I
really look forward to is taking my soon to be born
grandaughter. She is due this spring. Since I have two
sons, I've never experienced all the princess fun. Chloe
will give me the pleasure!! Good luck with the planning
and please keep us posted!!!:)

Glad everything is falling into place!!!

popcorn:: getting settled in to hear your details!!!

O.K, I've got to admit I'm kind of scared to invite you into the madness that is my Disney planning head. I am a SUPER PLANNER. Everything is planned down to a T. My DH makes fun of me all of the time for it, but then deep inside he loves it :laughing: No really here is what he thinks of my planning:
DisneyDay2and3041.jpg

O.K., where to begin where to begin. . .

First of all you need to know I am a HUGE Tour Guide Mike fan. Who wouldn't be a fan of this guy : :goodvibes

tourguidemike.jpg

A friend of mine at work last year before my trip told me all about it and showed me some of the touring plans she had printed off of his website and when I saw how detailed he was I GOT ON BOARD! :rotfl2:

Hey, a handsome detailed gentleman who is going to help me with my Disney planning, DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT?

So, we tried him out last year for the first time and LOVED it. He saved us SO much time in the parks, I do swear by his advice. Now, of course I can't give his advice out on here or he would hunt me down and kill me :scared1: (o.k., hopefully nothing that graphic) but it would go against the agreement on his site. I will share my own plans with you though, budget, meals, etc. etc. and HIGHLY recommend you give Tourguide Mike a try on your next trip, man, I really pitched him didn't I. I swear I have no investments in his company, although I wish I could have his job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

So every year I wait for his "best days" list to come out for the months we will be going so I can decide what parks to visit each day. Ever since we started doing the dining plan and enjoying Disney food our days seem to focus around what park we'll be in and where we will be eating. So once we know what parks are least crowded we make the ADR's based on that.

Every year we compile a list as a family of where we want to eat. Tim does have a lot of input in that part of the planning :rotfl2: . I pull up the menu's online and we remember good times we had at restaraunts we've already visited. We try to come up with a balance of restaraunts we haven't been to before with those that we LOVED and want to visit again.
This year the restaraunts we are going to visit that we've gone to before are Whispering Canyon (because we ARE STAYING at the WL and because of memories like these):
DisneyDay2and3028-1.jpg

Lauren riding her pony around the restaraunt.

Did someone say Ketchup??

DisneyDay2and3032-1.jpg

O'Hana's (one of our favorites last trip, the food is amazing and here)

DisneyDay4_3034.jpg

Lauren shakin' it around the restaraunt.

Concourse Steakhouse (we'll be going here for our Anniversary dinner this year- nine years together :love: ) We LOVED this dinner last year. The kids loved the desert:

Photo10-1.jpg

Photo9.jpg

O.K. I loved my keylime pie tart desert also:
Photo11.jpg

We also are going to repeat Animal Kingdom breakfast Donalds Breakfastasaurus this year as well, we loved it two years ago.

New places we are going to try are: LeCellier, can't wait to give this one a try but I am nervous about the atmosphere and the kids behaving.
We are going to give Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Downtown Disney a try. The menu looked incredible, any insights here??
We are going to try Coral Reef as well on an Epcot night, I think the kids will love the fish tanks, I will love the food, there was a steak on the menu so it meets Tim's standards, and with the recent positive reviews of it on this board I feel good about it.
Of course I have to get my princess in to see the princesses:
Lauren at her 3 year old b-day party in October (she's getting so big):
Photo2-2.jpg

We've already tried Cindy's castle, and now that it's moved to 2 credits we aren't doing it. We did Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare for Dinner last year and LOVED it, but it's under refurbishment this year and we want to try something new for Lauren so we decided on the Askerhaus breakfast with the princesses, she will go nuts with all of the princesses. We weren't impressed with the lunch menu so we're going to give breakfast a try.

So, now you know where we will be dining. Next time I will share with you the details of the parks we are going to, what times I got those ADR's for, etc. Still to come, MY DETAILED planning report including budget for each day. Still on the hunt for airfare, stroller rental questions and planning as well as the HUNT FOR THE CARS (to be explained later). :confused3

Man I love this planning thing, don't you??

Until later. . . .
Lesley

Yay! I'm so glad your tax returns is enough money! We're using monstly tax returns from this year and next to pay for our trip next year too! Although a family of 5 coming from CA is EXPENSIVE! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Sorry that class got cancelled! I've already started typing up my pre-TR, but I won't post it yet since I'm about 16+ months away! :rotfl:

Yay! I'm so glad your tax returns is enough money! We're using monstly tax returns from this year and next to pay for our trip next year too! Although a family of 5 coming from CA is EXPENSIVE! Can't wait to hear more about your trip. Sorry that class got cancelled! I've already started typing up my pre-TR, but I won't post it yet since I'm about 16+ months away! :rotfl:

Funny, we must have been posting at the same time, my recent addition just posted (above) enjoy!
WOW, yes that would be expensive, luckily we have that tax money to help us out huh? :goodvibes Sounds like that will be a fun trip for you and your family, can't wait to read it when you do post. Take care and thanks for reading.
Lesley

Yeah I noticed when I posted and it went to take me back that pictures of your kids were passing on my screen! LOL! I already read it :D I so want to do Whispering Canyon Cafe, but I'm not sure how many meals we're going to actually end up doing there since we have a time share with a full kitchen, and a total party of 16!

I'm a little bit frightened how similar your family is to mine!! Two people who are obsessed with Disney. Two children, older boy, younger girl. An annual family trip. Wanting to retire and work in WDW.... :scared: We must be long lost cousins!!

Can't wait to read about your trip. I'll also need to find time to check out your first trip. I love lots of pics.. especially of cute kids, like you have!

As soon as I figure out how to add the link to my signature, you can check out my first TR. I'm currently working on it. My DH and I take an adults-only trip on top of the annual family one.

Thanks for sharing!!

I'm a little bit frightened how similar your family is to mine!! Two people who are obsessed with Disney. Two children, older boy, younger girl. An annual family trip. Wanting to retire and work in WDW.... :scared: We must be long lost cousins!!

Can't wait to read about your trip. I'll also need to find time to check out your first trip. I love lots of pics.. especially of cute kids, like you have!

As soon as I figure out how to add the link to my signature, you can check out my first TR. I'm currently working on it. My DH and I take an adults-only trip on top of the annual family one.

Thanks for sharing!!

Actually, I just jumped over and read your report and you are right we ARE so much alike. We'll be doing our first adult only trip for our 10 year anniversary in 2008 and we already have guilt feelings but I can't wait to experience the World just the two of us again.
We'll probably be flying out of your hometown Indy, seems to have the cheapest airfare so far!
Lesley

Subbing to this one, we're going in August for 14 days with free dining :yay: We're trying TGM for the first time and will be eating at lots of the places you are so I'm hoping to pick up lots of tips - no pressure or anything :rotfl2:
As costs go you should try going from the UK, last trip worked out (all in including spending money, we didn't have DDP) $12,000 and that was only in a moderate.:rolleyes1

Subbing to this one, we're going in August for 14 days with free dining :yay: We're trying TGM for the first time and will be eating at lots of the places you are so I'm hoping to pick up lots of tips - no pressure or anything :rotfl2:
As costs go you should try going from the UK, last trip worked out (all in including spending money, we didn't have DDP) $12,000 and that was only in a moderate.:rolleyes1

OH MY GOSH!!!!I can't imagine! and I feel bad for spending 4000 of our money yearly on Disney, thanks for making me feel good today:rotfl2: but I feel for your situation, maybe move to the States??:rotfl:

Lesley

maybe move to the States??:rotfl:

If you can find my DH a well paid golf pro's job we'll be on the next plane. :cool1: I was trying to think of something to relate how our money compares to yours, for £6,000 ($12,000) over here we could buy a brand new small ford car, but who needs a new car when you could go to the world for 2 weeks. :rotfl2:

Glad I made you feel better. :thumbsup2 Also last summer we had a week in a caravan in Scotland so we could afford another WDW holiday, feeling even better now? Especially as it was so cold DD's had to sleep every night fully clothed with jumpers and socks on and it was August. :rotfl:

hey! I just read your recent installment! Its so good to read something that is kind of familiar! Im like "Hey, I know these people...cause ya know I read their trip report so I MUST know them.. and everything their saying is familiar! haha ;) Anyways, your kids are still just adorable! I love that picture of Lauren at her 3rd bday party, its precious! Your plans sound amazing of course and you TOTALLY sold me on TourGuideMike. Im actually really regretting not purchasing it earlier. I think it may be a little pointless now since there is only 22 days to go for me and I REFUSE to change my plans AT ALL! :rotfl: Anyways .. thanks to you though I will definitely check it out for the next time! Hopefully I can get the boyfriend to consider a next time after this trip! ;) Cant wait to read more .. I love reading all about the planning process ! :rotfl: bye!

Lesley - Just a note for you. I have another trippie friend named UtahMama. She had a bad experience at Concourse Steakhouse. Don't get the bright idea to paint lip gloss on your daughter's lips with those paintbrushes you get with your dessert. She did it and her baby ended up with impetigo (sp?)! :scared1: No kidding! It wasn't pretty. :sad2: Also, she just updated her trip report and said that Wolfgang Puck's was wonderful!

I am so excited about your trip. I feel like I am going too! :rotfl: :rotfl2: Since I won't be going soon, I can dream about yours. :love:

Glad to hear that the tax thing worked out for you. :thumbsup2

Hold it. We're still in January. How can you be doing your taxes already? :confused: I don't even have the papers from work or from the mortgage company... I wish I were that on top of it.

I used to be in the college teaching business as was DW, so I know what it's like to lose a class, and the expected income. :sad: I'm glad that your refund will pick up the WDW tab. :woohoo:

I think DW is planning to start a pre-TR sometime soon, so I'll put my $.02 into that, and we can swap planning tips and see what kind of itinearay overlaps there may be. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet up with you and your family at WL in July.

If you can find my DH a well paid golf pro's job we'll be on the next plane. :cool1: I was trying to think of something to relate how our money compares to yours, for £6,000 ($12,000) over here we could buy a brand new small ford car, but who needs a new car when you could go to the world for 2 weeks. :rotfl2:

Glad I made you feel better. :thumbsup2 Also last summer we had a week in a caravan in Scotland so we could afford another WDW holiday, feeling even better now? Especially as it was so cold DD's had to sleep every night fully clothed with jumpers and socks on and it was August. :rotfl:

OMG!!! Yes, you made me feel better, but I still feel for you. And I thought I'd do anything for Disney (o.k. I would : ) :rotfl:
Lesley

hey! I just read your recent installment! Its so good to read something that is kind of familiar! Im like "Hey, I know these people...cause ya know I read their trip report so I MUST know them.. and everything their saying is familiar! haha ;) Anyways, your kids are still just adorable! I love that picture of Lauren at her 3rd bday party, its precious! Your plans sound amazing of course and you TOTALLY sold me on TourGuideMike. Im actually really regretting not purchasing it earlier. I think it may be a little pointless now since there is only 22 days to go for me and I REFUSE to change my plans AT ALL! :rotfl: Anyways .. thanks to you though I will definitely check it out for the next time! Hopefully I can get the boyfriend to consider a next time after this trip! ;) Cant wait to read more .. I love reading all about the planning process ! :rotfl: bye!

Funny how these trip reports work, it does make you feel like you know someone, I can't wait to read about your trip when you return and continue to follow you on your journey. Got to try TourGuideMike next year. Good luck with the suitcase and food, it saves money and gives you room for the souveniers on the way home so it's a win win. Take care and thanks for reading. I'll put another post on soon about more details that we've recently planned- ALWAYS planning!
Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter