Timandlesley's ROAD TRIP TO DISNEY!! ARE WE THERE YET!?!6/28 TR is up, link on pg.47!

So............ thanks to everyone for following us so far on our "Journey back home". I'll start putting up details now, don't want to leave you hanging too long!:thumbsup2
WHEN ARE WE GOING???:confused3

June 16th-24th!!!!

WHERE ARE WE STAYING??

BACK HOME SWEET HOME at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, can't wait!
02050.jpg

We booked a studio Standard View again for this trip.
02650.jpg

I went back and forth on this, almost did Concierge, had a 1 bedroom booked (but changed it when we needed points for our October Trip to Bay Lake Tower and Tim's trip in December and for our adults only trip we have planned for next fall/winter).
We're hoping to get a great pool view room again, can't wait to be sitting on this balcony 4 months from now:
02950.jpg

HOW ARE WE GETTING THERE?
Well................ after a lot of debate, we have decided to drive this year. We figure we will save a LOT on airfare, the kids are big enough to do great in the car and we can pack up the car with snacks and bottled water and take our time coming and going, it's been a LONG time since we've driven to Disney. I'm STILL hoping that we'd find a GREAT Universal deal so we could hit the park one day before we leave but don't know if we'll go that route.

DINING PLAN OR NO DINING PLAN??

Again, a lot of debate went into this....... we decided to DO the dining plan. I started crunching numbers, and after Disney's RIDICULOUS rate hike on the basic plan and keeping deluxe the same we have decided Deluxe Dining Plan all the way baby!!!:woohoo: Also, it's the last year Luke will be 9 (he had his 9th b-day this week) so we'll take advantage of being able to afford Deluxe Dining this year.
I HAVE made a TON of dining reservations for a LOT of great places,and will post these details soon.

WHO ARE WE VACATIONING WITH??

Well, if our WONDERFUL/AMAZING/FUNNY/AWESOME friends can get DUG OUT of the snow in New Jersey and join us (according to plan) then we will be sharing a few of these amazing Tokyo Sunsets together:
103_3520640x480.jpg

Yes. that lovely lady is Diane of the dddisrunner crew.
We are thrilled to go back to Disney with them again and can't wait to spend some quality Disney times together:
103_3519640x480.jpg

Yes, another joint Teppan Edu meal IS planned (Tokyo Sunsets ALL AROUND:woohoo:). When I share our dining plans I'll go into more detail, so start praying for no more snow days for that crew.

So, that is a LITTLE more detail of our trip, MUCH MUCH more will be shared (some sooner than later).

Up Next:
-Give a Day Get a Disney Day
-Annual Pass Benefit/Decisions
-Detailed Dining Plans
-Gatlinburg Getaway

Stay tuned!!!!:banana:

-Lesley

I'm joining in!! Looking forward to hearing about all of your plans!! So I see you're going to Gatlinburg!! Have you ever been there before? We live on the other end of the state but have been there many times!! Some of the things we like to do when we go are Dollywood, Dixie Stampede, shopping at the outlets, and eating at The Apple Barn--YUM!!!! :goodvibes

Your details sounds great.

I hope Diane and her crew can still go same time as you all. :goodvibes

We are expecting another 12-18 inches tomorrow night in Jersey :scared1:

Fingers crossed not as much as they are saying and they can get dug out to go to school :hippie:

So what exactly is a standard view room view entail at Jambo- I know you did it last year... I am trying to think ahead. I remember that picture and view, and boy it would save points.

It's so funny when I read a TR and realize that if our trips intertwined, we would have been hallmates at the hotel! Here was our view this past October:

IMG_0300.jpg

And here is our room from the Pool (the Happy Birthday banner is ours)

IMG_1096.jpg

Can't wait to look at all your plans!! It may sound crazy but I have all of your previous trips Bookmarked (the first TR I ever read was the one where the kids kept getting sick in the beginning, and yes I have that bookmarked lol) I keep going back to them to help me with my planning because you guys always seem to get it right!! My brother and I are going in August so I'll be using your Pre-TR as a cheat sheet!

I love your plans so far! :thumbsup2 It's great you get to vacation with friends again! I know the kids (of all ages) will have a great time together!:banana:

It sounds like a fun trip. I can't wait to hear about your dining plans. I noticed we will be at Disney at the same time. Maybe our paths will cross. My husband and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary at the Contemporary.

How long of a drive is it for you from Ohio?

Ah, gotta love Animal Kingdom Lodge! It is just so relaxing just looking at the pictures!

Enjoy this last trip while Luke and Lauren are both still under 10 -- Connor turned 10 this past September, and it was a bit of a sticker shock watching the prices jump for us on both tickets and the dining plan.

Love the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have stayed there a few times and really enjoy it! Your plans sound super. Can't wait to hear more.popcorn::

Hi Lesley, I'm joining in. Your kids are beautiful! I've been lurking on the trip report boards forever and am just now joining in. We are taking our 2nd trip this September so I'm trying to "glean" what I can off everyone else's trips! I'm excited to hear about your plans!:goodvibes

YAY! You're joining the driving force from the Midwest to Orlando! I think you guys will like it. It does get exhausting (just south of Atlanta, you think you may NEVER get there), but it makes for great family bonding... and you aren't at the mercy of the airlines! And knowing your fabulous family, you will make it a blast!

You will also love having a car! There are so many wonderful uses for it!! I'll PM with some of our 'tricks of the car trade'.

Matt and I just got done debating buying flights for our Spring Break trip. When it came down to it, we just didn't want to give up having a car down there with us (and being able to haul groceries and all of our stuff without worrying about suitcase expenses!)

Thanks for the details! Can't wait to watch your plans unfold!

Oh, and ps.. I'm already getting jealous about your families getting to hang together. :flower3:So wishing we could all be there together!

Also wanted to add that most likely the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be open in June, and thats reason enough to get over to Universal!! Do one night at one of their onsite hotels and you'll never look back!

Trip details looking good so far. That balcony view is just awesome especially when all you see in Maryland right now is piles of snow. Good plan about going for the deluxe dining before Luke turns 10. I have two teenage boys so it's like paying for 4 adults when we go. :eek:

Can't wait to hear about all your plans and what you will get into with the dddisrunner's crew.

AKL looks glorious! If that is a standard view, can you imagine what the deluxe view is? :eek: Can't wait to hear about all your ADRs. I didn't know Disney went up on the dining plan rates. I'm just going to close my ears and pretend I didn't hear that. We can't even afford another trip right now based on the old rates! I'm very interested to hear about your driving plans. How many hours is that for you?

Hey Fellow Cincinnatian, DVC member, and Future Special Education teacher here! I've been reading all of your trip reports and I just had to tell you how much I've loved them! Can't wait to hear about your plans for your newest adventure...only 18 more days till mine? I'm about ready to trade this snow in for some Disney Sun and Magic!

Kristen

Have a blast on your road trip.
We drove to WDW from Texas once. :eek: And only once!!

Can't wait to hear about all your ADRs. I'm always down with the food.

And Thank you again :flower3: for the referral last year.....we are heading home in June.

Subscribing! I just heard your review of the tour on the podcast today and found your link in your siggy in a post on the DISUnplugged forum.

:rotfl: Your family seems very funny!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter