"Time is Running Out at SSR"

3DisneyKids

More Drink, Less Run...Since 2008
This was the subject/title of an e-mail I received from DVC today. Clearly, they are doing the last big push to sell out SSR.

Current incentive offered in the e-mail was $94 per point plus a $500 gift card with a minimum add-on of 100 points.

Here is the ad copy:

Now you can visit Disney destinations more often and discover other places you've only dreamed of. Because for a limited time, you can receive a $10 Disney Dream Dollars credit per Vacation Point (off the regular price of $104) and a $500 Gift Card* when you purchase an additional ownership interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort of 100 or more Vacation Points.

This is the perfect opportunity to add on to your Membership. This offer is only available for a limited time, but the vacation memories will live on and on.

*The gift card can only be used at select participating locations at Disneyland® Resort, Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line®, Disney Store locations in the US, and DisneyShopping.com.

Didn't get the email but spoke with our guide on Saturday and he told my dh about this. We're seriously thinking about it...we're finding that for the size of room we get and the length of time we like to stay we could use some more points. Hoping we can swing this! He also mentioned that at the beginning of our 2008 use year (which for us is in Sept) that we would also get 2007's points as a bonus.

I recieved this E-mail as well...Iam wondering if we can purchase less than 100 pts and still recieve the incentive $10 off the $104 price and of course "without" the $500 dollar gift card. :rotfl2: Does anyone know- Thanks ahead :thumbsup2 Saratoga sure is beautiful!:lovestruc

Last I heard the $10 discount applies to purchases of 50 or more at SSR. It has fluctuated between 50+ and 100+ in the past, so you'll have to double-check.

DH and I went to the TSS to buy a contract there for our latest SSR add-on - waiting on ROFR for a 50 pt contract with our use year - no '08 points but no member fees either - 18 banked pts from '07......offered $83/pt with $322 in closing costs.

Can't see Disney wanting to buy a contract like that one - and the price is lower than the current Disney offer - so it will work for us. We checked the DIS board 'ROFR' threads and the $83 seemed to have worked for recent buyers.

Resales can be a good alternate for those looking to save some $$$$$.

Yes, and TSS is a fantastic place to do business with for resales!

I understand why Disney wants to sell a min. # of points, but its too bad because I think more people would become members directly through them but thank goodness for TSS

I recieved this E-mail as well...Iam wondering if we can purchase less than 100 pts and still recieve the incentive $10 off the $104 price and of course "without" the $500 dollar gift card. :rotfl2: Does anyone know- Thanks ahead :thumbsup2 Saratoga sure is beautiful!:lovestruc

I looked into adding 50 points on 3-14 while at SSR, the $10 incentive is only good for 100+ points.

Might have to add 100.:yay:

As I said elsewhere, DH and I bought into SSR on Tuesday. When we were waiting for our guide , I heard other guides talking to other people at the open house and I did hear that "this will be sold out in a couple of months".
We did get SSR for $94 a point, including the August 2007 points (which I must bank today, thanks for reminding me), and we used the $500 gift card to help pay off our YC bill.
Now to be honest, when DH signed up for the open house, I got online at the hotel that night and looked up resale prices. I briefly looked at the boards (I was tired!) and noticed something about people being offered fastpasses. I mentioned it and we got one of those for each family member. The way they work is, you put them in and a fastpass comes out for right away! (i.e. if it is 10:06, the FP says 10:06-11:06). They are limited to 3 rides. We used one at soarin' and one at Test Track yesterday. We were going to do TT again but it still takes awhile even with an FP.
Robin M.

As I said elsewhere, DH and I bought into SSR on Tuesday. When we were waiting for our guide , I heard other guides talking to other people at the open house and I did hear that "this will be sold out in a couple of months".
We did get SSR for $94 a point, including the August 2007 points (which I must bank today, thanks for reminding me), and we used the $500 gift card to help pay off our YC bill.
Now to be honest, when DH signed up for the open house, I got online at the hotel that night and looked up resale prices. I briefly looked at the boards (I was tired!) and noticed something about people being offered fastpasses. I mentioned it and we got one of those for each family member. The way they work is, you put them in and a fastpass comes out for right away! (i.e. if it is 10:06, the FP says 10:06-11:06). They are limited to 3 rides. We used one at soarin' and one at Test Track yesterday. We were going to do TT again but it still takes awhile even with an FP.
Robin M.

We got those VIP fp's when we did the tour on Thanksgiving day 2006. Used them over at AK to do the Safari and EE. It was worth doing the tour at 8am.

DH and I went to the TSS to buy a contract there for our latest SSR add-on - waiting on ROFR for a 50 pt contract with our use year - no '08 points but no member fees either - 18 banked pts from '07......offered $83/pt with $322 in closing costs.

Can't see Disney wanting to buy a contract like that one - and the price is lower than the current Disney offer - so it will work for us. We checked the DIS board 'ROFR' threads and the $83 seemed to have worked for recent buyers.

Well, if you add your closing costs, subtract $10 per point you could get for the bonus points, plus the $500 towards down payment...I think you might have lost money by going resale?

Well, if you add your closing costs, subtract $10 per point you could get for the bonus points, plus the $500 towards down payment...I think you might have lost money by going resale?

And don't forget all of 2007 points.....a fully loaded contract.

I got the email from our guide. DH told me to call Doug and ask him why he was trying to get him to divorce me! :rotfl:

We just bought AKV in November, and are waiting on Kingdom Tower, so no more SSR points for us. :guilty:

So a 100 point add-on for a Dec. UY would = 100 points for 2007 (bankable), 100 points coming on Dec 08, 100 "bonus" points for SSR only, and a $500 gift card?

Did I get it right? This may be better than the AKV option?

How long do you think this promotion will be going for?

There is never any telling with DVC. Once in a while they announce an "end date" for a promotion, but not usually. My guess, though, is that this may be open until SSR is sold out. Just a guess, though.

Does anyone know if you can use the $500 to buy park tickets?

Yes, you can. Go to Guest Services at any part or at DTD to do this.

So a 100 point add-on for a Dec. UY would = 100 points for 2007 (bankable), 100 points coming on Dec 08, 100 "bonus" points for SSR only, and a $500 gift card?

Did I get it right? This may be better than the AKV option?

I don't think the bonus points are for SSR-use only. I would assume that these work like all developer points in that they have to be used within 1-year of purchase date and cannot be transferred. You should be able to use them at any DVC resort using the proper booking windows. If anyone knows differently, please chime in.

Yes, this is better than AKV in two ways: (1) it is $2.00 pp cheaper than AKV and (2) you get 2007 points. With AKV, you only get the 2008 points plus whatever developer points are offered (based on the number of points you purchase).

I don't think the bonus points are for SSR-use only. I would assume that these work like all developer points in that they have to be used within 1-year of purchase date and cannot be transferred. You should be able to use them at any DVC resort using the proper booking windows. If anyone knows differently, please chime in.

Yes, this is better than AKV in two ways: (1) it is $2.00 pp cheaper than AKV and (2) you get 2007 points. With AKV, you only get the 2008 points plus whatever developer points are offered (based on the number of points you purchase).

We really thought that we would like to have some AKV but this deal may work better since we can still get 2007 points.

For the "bonus" points, if you buy at AKV I read that you could only use them at SSR or II. Sounds like that may be different if you buy at SSR. I would love to have the option of using them at any resort. We really like SSR, and own 300 there already, but also like to stay at other resorts.

Thanks for this help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter