Times to show up

Not sure if there is a general rule, but we arrive just as our fastpass window opens, 10-15 minutes before a dining reservation, and around 30 minutes before a dessert party.

Fast passes are good 5 minutes before your scheduled window. Don't bother trying before that.

For dining reservations, the recommendation is 15 minutes before. That works for some people, but we don't do that. Generally we check in no more than 5 minutes before our reservation. We've waited too long past our reservation time too many times to bother showing up early.

I do try to leave plenty of time for transportation. I'd rather wander thru a couple of stores to kill time than risk being late for our reservation.

You have the entire hour for your fastpasses. There is no reason to rush it, unless you are headed somewhere else right away.

FP have a one hour window, so it really depends on your plans before and after. If you want to start it early, then 5 min. before is the earliest as PP mentioned. But you can arrive anytime during that hour if you are doing other things.

I would say if you want to show up show up an hour before just to scout out how things are and to look at things to see where you would want to sit/make arrangements you are going to have an amazing time and again just get there early to scout things out!

If you can show up 5 mins before a FastPass, what is the latest that you can show up after your hour window? I read it somewhere before, but now I can’t remember. Is it 15 minutes?

We always show up around 15-20 mins early for ADRs, sometimes they’ll seat you early and sometimes not. I know for the HEA dessert party some people at the party with us said that they got there at 6:00 (in early Dec) and had their pick of tables, so you can show up way early apparently. And whenever you’ve had your fill of desserts they let you move to the FW viewing area, so you can pick your spot. Highly recommend the HEA party, very worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter