Timeshares around DL?

doombuggy

Has visited every Disney park in the world
My dad is going to "loan" me part of his timeshare with either RCI or Interval International. Has anyone stayed at any of the resorts in either system near DL?

I only know of 2 timeshares in the Disneyland area that are associated with RCI which is what I have. I don't have Interval International, so can't speak to them.

Dolphin's Cove and Peacock Suites are the 2 resorts, but I have never seen any availability come up for trades into either Anahiem resort.

Worldmark the Club is building a big resort on Katella. It won't be open for a while though....Dolphin's Cove and Peacock (as mentioned above) are the only others I have heard of. :wave:

I have stayed at both of these RCI time shares- Dolphins Cove and Peacock Suites. They are the only ones there tha I know about. We usually stay at Peacocks Suites because it is closer to Disneyland. They have a very small outdoor covered pool, and free covered parking. The rooms are clean and some are very large depending on how many rooms you are wanting. The satandard suite is basically 2 rooms. In one room 2 queen beds, dresser, armoire, and tv. In the other room a fold out sofa sleeper,small fridge, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, and a table and chairs. These rooms are separated by a sliding french door and curtains. Nice but not spectacular. There is a shuttle that you have to pay for that runs every 30 minutes to and from the park.
Dolphins Cove is a bit farther away...but not too much. Their rooms remind me very much of a converted apartment complex. They have full kitchens and small balconies. Their pool is larger but is not covered. They also were offering a shuttle but we did not use this service.
Both hotels have a gift shop and breakfast rooms, and spas. I like both of them, but Dolphins Cove is a tiny bit nicer. Still I have stayed more often at Peacock Suites.
You shold definetly check out the web sites for both of these places.
Hope that helped!

Thanks for the info! I will look them up in my AAA book to find the websites.

Churro - can you walk to DL from either place? Another DISer and I are thinking of going out there next spring, but may rent a car (to go to Knotts, the beach, San Juan Capistrano), but I was interested to know if one could walk from either of these resorts.

Thansk again for your help!

In II there is only Worldmark Dolphin Cove. I think you are better off trying to trade through RCI. But I think you already figured that part out. Good Luck. Let us know if the trade comes through, I'd be curious. We are staying at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas but it is 25 miles away. So we added a two nights at the beginning of our trip to stay at a hotel onsite at Disney. I heard the parking garage can be a nightmare.

doombuggy said:
Thanks for the info! I will look them up in my AAA book to find the websites.

Churro - can you walk to DL from either place? Another DISer and I are thinking of going out there next spring, but may rent a car (to go to Knotts, the beach, San Juan Capistrano), but I was interested to know if one could walk from either of these resorts.

Thansk again for your help!

Well, I have never tried to walk to either hotel, because of the shuttle service they offer. I know another family member has done this and said it was a long walk after a day at the park. The shuttle service is pretty reliable and runs every 30 mins. from the Peacock Suites. I think it is only like $3 a day. So I would definetly pay not to walk.If you are renting a car ...I purchased our Disneyland tickets through AAA and recieved free parking for the duration. Your welcome! Glad to help.

doombuggy said:
My dad is going to "loan" me part of his timeshare with either RCI or Interval International. Has anyone stayed at any of the resorts in either system near DL?

I belong to both II and RCI, and am not aware of any nearby timeshares, other than the two that have been already mentioned. I know that Marriott also has a gorgeous timeshare at Newport Beach, which trades through II, but that's not all that close to DL, and it's a very hard resort to trade into.

II will certainly let you go to their website and look up timeshares. They are at www.intervalworld.com

I'm not sure if non-members can look up timeshares on RCI, but you probably can. They're at www.RCI.com

The best place to get information on timeshares is www.tug2.net

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter