~*~Tink's WAY too early Pre-Trip Report for Sept 2009~*~ **UPDATED 01/06 w/ PICS**

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
:cloud9: Welcome!:cloud9:

- listening to Live365 - Mouseworld Radio *check*
- while formulating the perfect itinerary/ADR/planning spreadsheet *check*
- and re-doing the planning binder that JUST held all her October 2008 information *check*

Oh Hi! :wave2:

For those that don't remember me...I'm Tink....23 years old....OCD Planner....Walking talking Walt Disney World Encyclopaedia.

And THIS....is my WAY too early Planning Journal/ Pre-Trip Report.

At my last count I have....264 days until I go back "Home" but what better way to endure the wait then to PLAN PLAN PLAN :thumbsup2

HOW THIS TRIP CAME TO BE....

When my family returned from our Oct 2008 WDW vacation we were....Disney'd out....*gasp* I know! Its blasphemous! But we had spent 30 days at WDW in less than 3 months! It was like sensory overload and we were sure that we wouldn't return to WDW until 2010.

Now...this was more my parents desire than mine but they put up with my Disney craziness so it was only fair that I induldge their desire to look at other vacation spots. Since 2005 we have had...8 trips to WDW....1 trip to Paris, France, 1 trip to California (Plam Springs & LA) and 1 trip to Las Vegas.

We are DYING to return to Paris but we know that wont be until 2010 or so. We liked California but weren't in a rush to return. So we started looking at Las Vegas. Its similar to Disney in the fact that there are a million things to keep you occupied which is great for us, we don't like the "lay by the beach and drink" type of vacations - they just don't suit us.

Of course...once we decided to look at Las Vegas, WDW came out with the 4 for 3 deal. I refrained from showing my parents....because I didn't want to be the one calling the shots on this vacation. (Which is especially hard as I'm ALWAYS the vacation planner!)

I started looking at the Annual Passholder rates out for Jan - Mar and noticed they were close to 40% off! Wow..but I'm not an annual passholder anymore and I'm not in the position to buy one again just yet. So I refrained from mentioning that as well.

My Dad researched Vegas and realized 4 things...
1. The hotels are VERY cheap....BUT
2. The food is astronomically expensive (outside buffets which we aren't big fans of)
3. The flights are longer and more expensive
4. You inevitably piss money away by gambling!

Now don't get me wrong. I enjoyed Vegas very much! Its just that vacations for us hinge on 2 things....a good deal and fantastic food!

Every year, Disney sends out 40% off postcards in Nov / Dec / Jan, with the majority of people getting them in late Dec & early Jan. We have been fortunate enough to receive these postcards in 2006 & 2007, but nothing in 2008. I thought it was worth a shot to call and have a CRO Cast Member check our household for PINS. Well the first CM was fairly flippant ad told me it wasn't possible. I kindly explained to him that I've asked Cast Members to do it in the past and they've had no issues. He was disgruntled, checked and found nothing.

If you know nothing else about Disney Central Reservations Office it is - If at first you dont succeed TRY AND TRY AGAIN!

So the next day I called back and spoke to a lovely and enthusiastic CM that was ale to find a PIN under by DBF's name. We haven't travelled with her in a few years but as she is listed as part of our household we are entitled to use that discount....SCORE! I was quoted a rate of $213/night for Polynesian Garden View Sept 25th - 30th and $110/night for Coronado Springs Waterview Sept 30th - Oct 4th!

And THAT....convinced my parents that MAYBE Disney wasn't such a bad idea after all.

But WAIT! There is a twist! My parents love the Bonita Springs area of Florida, 3 hours south of Orlando. So....they will be staying with me at the Polynesian the first night....driving to Bonita Springs for 3 nights (leaving me SOLO for the first time...YAY!) and returning for the last night at the Polynesian before transferring to Coronado for 4 nights together :)

We are playing around with the dates a bit because we are using Aeroplan miles, so we are looking at shifting everything back 1 day, putting the plan as follows:

TRIP INFO

DATES: Thursday September 24th - Saturday October 3rd 2009

RESORTS

Disney's Polynesian Resort
Thursday September 24th - Tuesday September 29th 2009
5 nights
Lagoon View
$276/night
TOTAL (w/ 40% off)
$1552.50
TOTAL (Rack Rate)
$2587.50
SAVINGS
$1035

Disney's Coronado Springs
Tuesday September 29th - Saturday October 3rd
4 nights
Waterview
$119 (value 3 nights) / $132 (regular 1 night)
TOTAL (40% off)
$551.52
TOTAL (Rack Rate)
$855
SAVINGS
$303.48

FLIGHT

Thursday Sept 24th
Departs Toronto 6am
Stop over at Washington Dulles
Arrives Orlando 11am

Saturday Oct 3rd
Departs Orlando 11:30am
Stop over at Washington Dulles
Arrives Toronto 5:20pm

Sounds like a great trip planned and its never to early to let the planning comence :)

**UPDATE**

Given that its only $23/night with TAX to upgrade from Lagoon View to Garden View Club Level...i'm staying CLUB LEVEL!!

My DDad was saying that if we were told at check-in that it was $23/night to upgrade to Club Level we'd jump on it. Even if it covers breakfast and snacks its well worth it, not to mention all the yummy evening offerings they have!

260 DAYS TO GO!!

Now that I've officially updated to Club Level I've been obsessed with looking at pictures of the Poly. So I thought I'd post some pics of my previous stays!

ry%3D400

Beds

ry%3D400

Day bed

ry%3D400

TV

ry%3D400

Hall closets

ry%3D400

View from Fiji, 2nd floor

ry%3D400

Lobby

ry%3D400

Tiki near Luau Cove

ry%3D400

Path to Luau Cove

ry%3D400

Fiji Sign

ry%3D400

View from the path in front of Tonga

ry%3D400

Marina

ry%3D400

Fiji Longhouse

ry%3D400

Captain Cook's Sign

ry%3D400

Tuvalu from the boat dock

ry%3D400

Volcano Pool

ry%3D400

Daybed turned down

ry%3D400

Turn Down Service

I did the same thing as you and booked with the 40% pin and then figured the difference for club and changed to Poly GV Club! We will be leaving just as you are arriving! I am on for the pre-trip planning adventure!

Sounds like a great trip planned and its never to early to let the planning comence :)

Hi! I've already planned like three versions of the trip :rotfl2:

I did the same thing as you and booked with the 40% pin and then figured the difference for club and changed to Poly GV Club! We will be leaving just as you are arriving! I am on for the pre-trip planning adventure!

Fantastic! The difference in price is just to little to NOT upgrade! My original total was $1550....my new total is $1670!

I am looking forward to reading your TR once it's completed or when you start it.

Sounds like you're going to have fun.

Oh, no!! It is not too early to start planning! We've been talking about our upcoming Sept trip for several months now. :cool1: And, cruising the net, reading DIS boards, pulling out old material from our previous stay in June 2005 when we did a land/sea pkg. There is so much to think about and decide on that I catch myself looking up info for a cruise in 2010! Now , THAT would be a long TR! :rotfl:

You go right ahead because I'll be planning right along with you!

TRIP INFO

DATES: Thursday September 24th - Saturday October 3rd 2009

RESORTS

My DH and I will be at the world the same time :wave2:
Sept 25 - Oct 2nd
Staying at POFQ

And no, it's never to early to plan :coffee:

Cathy

Hi Tink! :wave: You and I sound like we have a lot in common!! I am a total OCD planner! And it's never too early to start planning! I've already started my PTR, and I am not going until December! *sigh* So...far...away! I'm in for this PTR!!

HI Tink!!! I'm an OCD planner too, and planning a september trip WITH my sister, who is NOT an ocd planner for our mother's birthday, which at this point in life is a TOTAL surprise for Ma. We're working on the dining right now, she's a little LESS then willing to help at this point, I had to explain to her what the DDP was in GREAT detail the other night. The light bulb FINALLY went on, and she said "OH, we just gotta pick places to eat" DUH!!! That's what I've been telling you ALL ALONG!!! UG, she's killing me, really. I'd do it all myself, but she's helping pay for it, so I want her input! So, I'm waiting for HER ts picks, already gave her mine, so we can start the "what would ma like" part of picking. So, I'm on HOLD, and it's driving me CRAZY!!! So, I got a small trip for may planned, which already has the ADR's for dh's and ds's birthday, so THAT can't even keep me occupied right now! So, I'm here with ya girl....it's a horrible habit, the people here at work think I'm crazy, I'm just glad I'm not the only one!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter