tipping? cash or cc?

jocall

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
Going for 1st time in 8 weeks, so excited. Starting to think about the little things now, when tipping in a restaurant, is it put on the credit card or pay the bill with cc and tip in cash.
Also, if you use the ATM's for withdrawing cash from a current account are there charges at the time of withdrawral or later on your monthly statement?
thanks

if you're paying by cc it is usual for the restaurant to leave a space for you to add a tip, then you total the bill. I'm sure the wait staff would be happier with cash as they would get this themselves, I believe a lot of the restaurants total up the tips then share them out among the staff.

Any ATM charges would appear on your bank statement, if you take out $100 you receive $100 from the machine but you're likely to be debitted $100 + whatever the charges are. For this reason it's better to take out the cash in fewer transactions of larger amounts. I.E 5 withdrawls of $100 each would attract charges of $7.50 in total, whereas one withdrawl of $500 would only get a charge of $1.50

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter